/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I find more bands that incorporate turntables and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: fred durst + donald trump v23.jpg (178KB, 708x511px) Image search: [Google]
fred durst + donald trump v23.jpg
178KB, 708x511px
Where can I find more bands that incorporate turntables and sampling in similar style to DJ Lethal from Limp Bizkit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbfto_IYLus

The closest thing I can think of is Linkin Park and even that doesn't really match what Limp Bizkit brought to the table during "Significant Other" and "Three Dollar Bill, Y'all $".

Where can I find more music like this?
>>
>>72562487
Stuck Mojo
>>
>>72562487
no turntables but this is basically frenchweeb hardcore meets limp bizkit style rapmetal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW_y31bRW3M
>>
holy kek this thread
>>
>>72562487
check out The X-Ecutioners pham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvKeH1iGMPc
>>
File: 1471296534810.gif (150KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1471296534810.gif
150KB, 500x333px
>>72562590
go listen to radiohead
>>
File: 1416453510843.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1416453510843.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
>>72562628
>actually unironically liking limp bizkit
>>
File: tmp_18578-562646355915.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_18578-562646355915.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>72562651
>he doesn't do it all for the nookie
>>
>>72562651
DJ Lethal's sound effects and hip-hop beats enhance Significant Other (Interscope, 1999), that ranks among the milestones of the genre. The hip-hop beats with a the metal edge of Just Like This were not particularly relevant, but the petulant synthesizer and the female counterpart were typical of the "significant others" (musically speaking) that characterized the best moments of the band. Nookie (the transitions from a standard rap-metal progression to a playful singalong) and Break Stuff (a rigmarole of escalating tension) successfully coupled strength and depth. 9 Teen 90 Nine articulates the cliches of the genre in a language that is both versatile and ironic. Trust disposes with irony and melody, and resorts to electronic noise and dadaistic rhythms. They all boast the mandatory heavy riffs and rabid screams, but they all use them merely as icons of the genre, basically the pronouns (not the verbs) in a sentence.
As fashionable at the time, the seismic intensity of the songs was complemented by a few moments of the opposite kind. Thus the subdued ballads Re-Arranged and No Sex showcased human emotions, not just animal instincts, and even more original is the high drama of Nobody Like You. Lesson Learned even ventured into an oneiric rhythm-less atmosphere.
The album eskews monotony through all sorts of devices, be it the danceable grooves of I'm Broke or the chamber hip-hop of N 2 Gether Now.
>>
File: Fred+Durst.jpg (46KB, 401x496px) Image search: [Google]
Fred+Durst.jpg
46KB, 401x496px
>>72562651
KEEP ON ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN
>>
>>72562487
gee, I dunno, theres a genre that started out using turntablism and sampling, its on the tip of my tongue, oh what was it...?
>>
>>72562675
What's your take on Chocolate Starfish?
>>
>>72562487
Are you trying to bring back nu metal?
That's actually pretty cool. I think the world needs that
>>
>>72562487
Have you tried hip hop?
>>
>>72562603
This this this this
Also I'd say that Cut Chemist album is good too

>>72562651
>Not realizing how genuinely great LB's sound is
>>
File: sweg_2.png (420KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sweg_2.png
420KB, 1000x1000px
>>72563049
Yeah, but it doesn't scratch that itch for me.
Most of the bands I listen to are blends of different genres that normally wouldn't mix (Deadsy for example).

I can listen to hiphop on occasion, but it doesn't have enough aggression or loudness.

>>72563036
Nu metal will be back soon enough. It doesn't need me trying to do anything.
>>
>>72562803
By the time Chocolate Starfish And The Hot Dog Flavored Water was released, a lot of things had changed. Fred Durst, movie director and record-label executive, was either too self-conscious or too marketing-savvy. The band's formulaic rap-metal sounded more like a recipe for radio hits than a musical genre (Take A Look Around, Hot Dog). On the first album and especially on Significant Other the Bizkit's melange of monster guitar riffs, schizoid turntable scratches, manic heart-stopping drumming, and angry-white-kids' rants embodied the spirit of their generation, but all that was left now was a comedy of errors/stereotypes.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.