[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy hell this album is perfect. I'm not sure why it took

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 511JxNGbsXL.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
511JxNGbsXL.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
Holy hell this album is perfect.

I'm not sure why it took me so long to listen to it, but now I can't stop. Which of their other albums should I check out?
>>
start with blue bell knoll and go backwards
>>
Treasure

Treasure is their best album
>>
>>72558000
I think HoLV is their best, but definitely check out Four Calender Cafe and Victorialand. Hell, just listen to all their albums, there isn't a single bad one.
>>
the moon and the melodies is great
>>
Find the box set with the god-tier singles.
>>
>>72558000
If you like HOLV you'll probably like Four Calendar Cafe and possibly to a lesser extent Blue Bell Knoll, but for god's sake stay away from Milk and Kisses.

As you get more into their stuff, if you go earlier they had a string of fucking great EP's, seek out the box set. I'm also a huge fan of Garlands, but it's a very different sound they had in the mid 80's. Also check out Victorialand if you want something a little more dreamy/ethereal from the middle period.
>>
>>72559506
shut the fuck up Milk and kisses is great

calfskin smack is the best song they ever made
>>
Every single album of theirs is a masterpiece, but BBK was a close companion during many a late night trip, so, in addition to it being absolutely amazing, that's my top CT work.
>>
File: 48404.jpg (113KB, 928x908px) Image search: [Google]
48404.jpg
113KB, 928x908px
>>72562019
Blue Bell Knoll has my favorite title track out of any Cocteau Twins album, but I wasn't really fond of anything else on it.

My favorite Cocteau Twins album would have to be Head Over Heels. It strikes an amazing balance between their early post-punk work and the ethereal sound they would come to be known for.
>>
>>72560674
and half-gifts! milk and kisses is underrated af
>>
>>72562147

Head over Heels is outstanding, too.

I wish they had explored more of the darker, ethereal sounds, as Garlands is top on my list as well. When Mama was Moth and Five Ten Fiftyfold are phenomenal.

That's surprising to hear that BBK didn't appeal to you as much as some others; there's just something magickal about it to me.

My only complaint about it would be that it's too short.
>>
>>72558000
Ollie? You only listened to it because I told you to yesterday.
Also listen to Four Calendar Cafe
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.