[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Albums that you immediately listened to again because they were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

Albums that you immediately listened to again because they were that fucking good
>>
Maggot Brain
most Pharoah Sanders shit
Future Days and Ege Bamyasi
Here Come the Warm Jets
>>
File: ca0ba568.jpg (709KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ca0ba568.jpg
709KB, 1500x1500px
I've been listening to this constantly. It's equal parts atmospheric black metal and post-hardcore, with parts that are pure extreme metal and others that sound like dream pop. The band gets labeled crust punk and blackgaze, but I'm not convinced that's what they're doing... it just sounds like crust punk because the combination of super direct, emotive, honest punk with dreamy passages resembles the more mystical side of crust, like Amebix, and the combination of extreme metal with those dreamy passages creates an effect that's almost shoegazy. People keep comparing them to Deafheaven just because of the blackgaze label, but I don't even see a resemblance, it seems like they're doing something completely different. Like Deafheaven is a true black metal band that just happens to be made up of hipsters, but Oathbreaker is doing something else entirely, and black metal is just an influence. I almost hate to be this into such a buzz band, but I love this group.
>>
File: No Now.jpg (92KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
No Now.jpg
92KB, 620x620px
>>
Opeth - Blackwater Park, Still Life, Watershed and Heritage (no, this is not a joke)
>>
>>72550007
this

and also
fishmans - long season
gybe - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven
>>
>>
>>72550132
seriously one of my fav records from last year.
>>
>>72551223
Closer as well
>>
>>72550007
I feel you
>>
>>72550007
>30 minutes of experimental wankery
Yeah, I held off on a second listen for awhile.
>>
File: 1493761713385.jpg (77KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
1493761713385.jpg
77KB, 500x502px
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.