[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gorrilaz only has 3 songs worth listening to, and no albums period.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 2D.jpg (92KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
2D.jpg
92KB, 1000x750px
Gorrilaz only has 3 songs worth listening to, and no albums period. If all their work sounded like this, they'd be the greatest band of all time.

Clint Eastwood, Feel Good Inc, and Do Ya Thing
>>
File: 4280545407828059.gif (2MB, 268x200px) Image search: [Google]
4280545407828059.gif
2MB, 268x200px
>>
Yeah, their singles are a lot stronger than their albums
>>
>>72549980
prove me wrong
>>
>>72549947
>Do Ya Thing
epic b8
>>
>>72549947
>Gorrilaz
>worth listening to
>ever

For almost 20 years, people still fall for this meme, its just sad.
>>
>>72549998
>what is Empire Ants
>what is 19/2000
>what is Double Bass
>what is Broken
>what is Rhinestone Eyes
>what is El Manana
>what is Stylo
>what is Rock the House
>what is All Alone
>>
>>72550044
none are even near the 3 I mentioned in quality or memorability. Maybe, MAAAAYBE Rock the House.
>>
What's the point of the whole fake band thing anyway?

I think what happened is the guy from Blur was making some nice cool music on his own, and he was planning to release it as a solo album, but then his comic book nerd friend said, "Hey let's do this awesome cartoon band thing" and he was too nice to say no and now he has to hide behind cartoons every time they do shows and stuff.
>>
>>72550104
OP here, the animation is the best part.

Literally the only thing that keeps people interested in gorrilaz.
>>
>>72550121
Nah, most normies barely know the animated lore and could not name all 4 characters. They just know that Feel Good Inc, DARE, Clint Eastwood and the likes are catchy.
>>
File: 2un9fsbmjsny.jpg (10KB, 520x289px) Image search: [Google]
2un9fsbmjsny.jpg
10KB, 520x289px
>>72550104
Gorillaz was literally a joke. A goof. Jamie and Damon were room mates who only knew each other through Graham Coxon and weren't really even friends. In fact they didn't even like each other. They only made Gorillaz because they watched MTV together one night and realized how shallow everything on there was, so as a parody of it they'd create a punk/hip hop band to parody music and show that literally make believe bands can get popular. And just to show how they weren't serious, the band name Gorillaz came about from Liam Gallagher calling Blur a bunch of monkeys.

The gimmick was charming though, and the music was surprisingly catchy. So they kept with it. Then when Demon Days happened they decided to instead move towards using a cartoon band to comment on humanity and eco/sociopolitics. Probably the reason Demon Days is remembered so well outside of just it's music is because the album suspended everyone's disbelief enough that people felt a cartoon had more to say about humanity than humanity itself could. It was effective and I don't think anything's going to strike that same lightning twice, even if Plastic Beach was a good album and Humanz was... okay (I like it but I can see why people don't).
>>
>>72550068
You're just an edge Lord who can't find anything memorable unless it's got hip hop I took da bait tho so good on ya
>>
>>72549947
>Gorrilaz only has songs worth listening to
kek
>>72550387
>Gorillaz was literally a joke
Wish it fucking stayed that way it wasnt worth becoming anything more
>>
>>72550558
Even if Humanz is being met with contention right now and might not age anywhere near as well as the other albums that doesn't suddenly invalidate the good stuff Gorillaz has done. Calling it quits after self-titled would've been such a waste considering Demon Days.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.