[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

And I won't. Seriously, does anyone actually like The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: worst oasis album.jpg (90KB, 260x345px) Image search: [Google]
worst oasis album.jpg
90KB, 260x345px
And I won't.

Seriously, does anyone actually like The Bends/Pablo Honey/Radiohead before they were radiohead and were more like Oasis?
>>
I do.
Pleb
>>
>>72549807

Do you also like Oasis? Why, or why not?
>>
yeah The Bends is a fairly good album.
>more like Oasis
when? during pablo honey?
>>
>>72549787
How the fuck is The Bends like Oasis.

The first half of Karma Police reminds me more of Oasis than this, must be the drums.
>>
>>72549834
I don't know, never listened to them.
>>
>>72549851
>>72549852

Good question. I guess what I mean is they had more of a mellow sound, catchy pop-rock tunes (britpop), and they were still under the influence of a major label who would pressure them into sounding similar to bands that were selling those days. OK Computer is not completely absent from this, but you can clearly perceive how they're aiming at something else, looking for something else.

I dunno, as far as I know, not even Radiohead likes those old songs
>>
>>72549939
The Bends is a solid 7/10 at minimum.
>>
>>72549787
Pablo Honey sounds like U2
Eugh
>>
>>72549864

Fair enough. Give it a try maybe? Or maybe not, those guys are assholes
>>
>>72549950
>a solid 7/10

Oh hey hi it's great to have the ultrarelevant opinion of mr Fanta Soda
>>
>>72549973
Oasis are assholes?
>>
>>72549939
I'm pretty sure the band still cares about many of them, it isn't hard to find a live show where they play The Bends, Fake Plastic Trees, Talk Host Show or Street Spirit. The one that really suffers from lack of attention is Pablo, wouldn't mind Blow Out getting played more.
>>
>>72550028
Liam is one of the worst rockstars ever.

Their first 2 albums are a good listen though.
>>
>>72549787
Bends is a pretty solid album, it just kinda pales compared to the rest of their stuff(except street spirit. street spirit is god tier). And Pablo Honey is just grossly mediocre.
>>
>>72549939
Their first two albums are the least mellow, with multiple tracks that rock hard.
>>
>>72550145
Will give them a try then.
>>
>>72549787
This album is fantastic, you flaming contrarian. I have it on vinyl. How can you be numb to songs like Planet Telex and Nice Dream

Or if you like the newer stuff you would probably like Bulletproof or Street Spirit
>>
>>72550028

http://www.oasisblues.com/2012/09/noel-gallaghers-top-10-worst-bullshit.html

Even their fans know it
>>
I used to think that The Bends was a forgettable bridge in Radiohead's sound until I actually listened to it.

Incredibly good album, the back half of the album is so heavy thematically.
>>
>>72549787
Yeah it's kind of meh but the production man.
>>
>>72549787
listen to it
it's not that bad
>>
>>72550311
The production is pretty mediocre, and on My Iron Lung it's fucking awful
>>
>>72549787
>implying pablo honey or the bends have anything on the first 2 oasis albums
>>
>>72549787
the songwriting and guitar playing in that album is outstanding.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.