[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

According to Pitchfork, Wiley's magnum opus, a genre defining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: Ting.png (506KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Ting.png
506KB, 1366x768px
According to Pitchfork, Wiley's magnum opus, a genre defining album for grime, is worse than a 2017 Mary J Blige release.

K den.
>>
>>72547096
The worst part is that they don't even consider the fact that they grade albums on the same scale, not by genre. Shite.
>>
>>72547096
Grime has one great album made by Dizzee Rascal the rest are trash
>>
1 one hundredth better, truely btfo
>>
>>72547130
I guarantee you've listened to exactly 3 grime albums in your life
>>
>>72547120
I don't think you understand how Pitchfork ratings work
>>
>>72547142
I can guarentee you that I've listened to exactly 1 :^)
>>
>>72547140
It's more the fact that the two are even close enough. If Wiley had gotten a better rating by 1-2 tenths, I'd have the same complaint.
>>
>Still getting mad about album scores made by two different people written more than ten years apart when the website wasn't owned by a mass media company
nah m8
Now the only thing left to rag on P4k about is their fucking awful writing and how they keep pushing shit like FJM and CSH
>>
File: VLotisU.jpg (72KB, 500x561px) Image search: [Google]
VLotisU.jpg
72KB, 500x561px
>>72547175
>>
>>72547096
why do you care so much about scores? they don't mean anything.
>>
>>72547186
Then fucking remove the scores? If the site isn't even close to being the same, then re-review or cut it out the site.
>>
>>72547228
Don't really care that much, just shocked at Mary J fucking Blige getting 7.7. Lorde got a goddamn 7.3
>>
>>72547186
>CSH
Does this guy have (((connected))) parents or what? His music is so bad (even my friends who like that gay "slacker indie" think he sucks) and he went from literal /mu/ shilling to top billing at festivals within a year or two, without releasing any groundbreaking music, and is shoved down our throats in all their articles.
>>
>>72547229
Too much effort plus it gives the appearance of being the go to place for music writing and criticism if they have all those scores and reviews there (which is elevated by having some good writers/writing infrequently).

I still love laughing at old p4k shit though, its so fucking bad that its beautiful:
https://youtu.be/n5fH5Qa0ELg

:'( p4k deleted the original animation to this review
>>
I've never heard either, but Pitchfork is as far from objective as reviews can get. They're too into the "optics" of their scores like a fucking politician or something.
>>
>>72547298
>His music is so bad
your opinion
>>
>>72547298
I don't think he's rich, I think he's just someone P4k can hold up as true indeh plus plebs (who have never listened to Pavement or any indie band of the 2000s) think he's good.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what I think it is is some weird self-fulfilling prophecy where plebs who like CSH and bought into the whole im-so-indeh bandcamp thing keep being reaffirmed by pitchfork and new plebs keep being introduced to him through p4k and the cycle continues.
CSH is like some kind of a pleb amplification rod or something.

That being said that review of Diet Cig was the best fucking thing P4k have done for a while. I hope Conde catch on that doing that was really fucking funny and great and that P4k should go bigger and do more shit like that.
>>
>>72547415
>>72547298
>>72547186
Who's CSH again?
>>
>>72547715
Car Seat Headrest
>>
>>72547715
Cute Super Human
>>
>>72547715
bill taquito
>>
>>72547715
furry faggot
>>
>>72547096
>7.7

You just know they bumped it up a good 1.5 to 2.0 points simply because BLACK and FEMALE. Most other releases of this nature by far past their prime legacy pop artists would get in the 5 - 6 range.
>>
>>72547096
whats the difference between 7.6 and a 7.7?
>>
>>72548183
>>
>>72548183
Nothing. That's kind of the point. How the fuck is a 2017 Mary J Blige album anywhere close to a legendary, genre defining album.
>>
Has anyone checked out Wiley's latest album, Godfather? Just wonerin what people thought
>>
Pitchfork is baaaaaaaaad

Evidence

Adrian Orange and Her Band 3.8/10
Most of the review is comprised of the writer complaining about the looseness of this album more specifically on Adrian's vocals. Terribly written fake journalism hardly spoke about the actual quality of the album because the person who wrote it probably has a very limited musical vocabulary. The writer also made one of those stupid jabs at white people making 'black music' which removes any credibility to this article. Spoilers: this album is very good.
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/10724-adrian-orange-her-band/

Frances the Mute 2/10
Most of the review is about how the writer thinks that progressive and indie rock are bad. The article lightly touches on the music but with little substance. Fucking 2/10 for this masterpiece. http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5118-frances-the-mute/
>>
>>72548392
Fucking amazing Grime record. Sounds like a culmination of his career, and a fucking victory lap for him. I really like it as a collection of songs, but nah, nothing too cohesive about it as a whole, but who the fuck cares? This is grime. And grime's never been about albums. Loved it either way.
>>
>>72548407
2/10 is excessive but FTM is straight wank
>>
>>72548288
It's not of course, but because she's
>Black
>Female
>Major label
>Mainstream pop artist
>Legacy act
>Album is about being a woman
Conde Nast-fork is obligated to give her a good score.
>>
>>72548483
my thoughts exactly man, i'm really excited about a lot of the grime coming out lately
>>
>>72548814>>72548483
>"OI, REMEMBER WHEN SHARON STONE OPENED HER LEGS?"
Lyrics that make this album 10/10
>>
>>72547186
what does being owned by a mass media company have to do with it. 13+ years ago pitchfork was still full of pop, R&B, and Rap.

and op stop bumping your own thread retard.
>>
>>72547096
who gives a shit about grime albums
tunes like the Eskimo Riddim are the things that truly defined the genre.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.