[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is shilling my bands record literally the only way to get people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: will.jpg (335KB, 767x1000px) Image search: [Google]
will.jpg
335KB, 767x1000px
Is shilling my bands record literally the only way to get people to listen to it and give it ratings? Before anyone brings it up, yes I do want our music to be heard. I want to tour and have this be a profession/lifestyle.
>>
>>72540329
Shilling here will alienate mu towards your music but potentially get it noticed. I shilled my bands shit here a while ago and a few review sites took notice and reviewed our album.

So it works, if you're willing to make mu hate you.
>>
>>72540345
Eh idk I want /mu/ to like us. Well I know how /mu/ is so that wouldn't be happen fully but I don't really care about capturing the attention of the non-internet music communities. It seems like all the buzz occurs and starts on the internet.
>>
>>72540366
That it does. We ended up with more fame from the internet than IRL since it allows you to be known around the world.

Mu would probably hate it anyway, it hates anything that has come from itself. I recall the same thing happened with car seat headrest too.
>>
Do you not have something to share with us?
>>
I got like 30 minutes to kill, share something here OP you fucking faggot we will tell you if it is good
>>
>>72540401
I would rather remain anonymous so I do not embarrass our band and record with this semi-beta thread.
>>
Share stuff in the designated sharing threads and you'll get actual responses. I've discovered a lot of unknown dudes through the Bandcamp threads.
>>
>>72540366
>I want /mu/ to like us
This will never not be a stupid goal.
>>
>>72540366
>I want to tour and have this be a profession/lifestyle.
>I don't really care about capturing the attention of the non-internet music communities.

Pick one faggot
>>
Are you in Tangible Rays? If so your album was pretty bad my dude.
>>
>>72540503
>Are you in Tangible Rays? If so your album was pretty rad my dude.
Ftfy
>>
>>72540542
Sure thing, tangible rays
>>
>>72540555
Trips for truth

I am Rob fromohio
>>
>>72540329
jesus christ will looks awful
>>
>>72540329
what the fuck happened to Will?
>>
It's not a good idea to do it on here. If anything you should try to get the attention of RYM. There is a bit of crossover but still most people on this board are lazy and don't take time to listen to new albums in full and give them ratings. They're too caught up listening to the buzz album of the week
>>
>>72540329
>shilling
Call it marketing.
Do anything that gets you noticed. Then if the music has substance, the shit might just stick to the wall.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.