[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>really only into a few bands >never really into concerts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: nickcave.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
nickcave.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>really only into a few bands
>never really into concerts
>hear a concert for one of them is coming near you
>sells out months before date
>have never heard anyone talk about that band

I wasn't super bummed since I don't do concerts anyway. But I never hear anyone talk about Nick Cave. Nick Cave never gets played on the jukeboxes. No advertising for the concert beyond an internet Ad.

Sells the fuck out instantly.

Any of you experience this?
>>
>>72517780

nick cave is very well known.

you sound like a moron.
>>
>>72518119
I didn't say he wasn't well known, I was saying he isn't popular because he is barely played or talked about.

Also there was no reason for name calling, faggot.

So much for discussion.
>>
I saw him a few years ago in Brooklyn, outdoor concert. It was very cool. His fans aren't terribly obnoxious or extroverted (outside of one guy who kept screaming for them to play Up Jumped the Devil), so it's no surprise that you don't hear about him in passing.
>>
>>72518176
Meh, not that anon but you honestly should have been expecting that. You only really have yourself to blame.
>>
>>72517780
Keep an eye on stubhub or the event page on facebook, there's a chance you could get a ticket for a reasonable price.

It's definitely worth it for Nick Cave, I've seen over 400 shows and he's easily in the top 5, possibly even the best show I've ever seen.

To answer your question, I've never really had this happen to me but I did notice this smaller local venue in my piece of shit Midwest city has sold out shows for Pinegrove, PWR BTTM, Sorority Noise, and PUP all months in advance. I didn't realize those acts were that popular but I guess there's a scene for that music in NE Ohio
>>
>>72518176
nick cave is considered on the level of lou reed, david bowie, prince, joni mitchell, tom waits, bruce springsteen, leonard cohen, kate bush and bob dylan as one of the greatest songwriters of the last century. he is wildly famous.
if you don't know that, you are probably under 20. which is fine. you're not an idiot, you should just maybe do some research before asking an insane question like this.
>>
>>72518453
>wildly famous

Eh... not in the U.S. at least. He isn't unheard of, but he's more niche. He never had a charting single here, closest thing was probably People Ain't No Good being in the Shrek 2 soundtrack, and the first album that truly sold respectably in U.S. stores was Push the Sky Away.

Comparing his popularity level to Bowie, Prince, Bruce, or Dylan is hyperbole at any level.
>>
At a 'The Magnetic Field' show right now and im absolutely bored to tears. Ive never been a huge fan but I like their music a bit and this show is garbage. He's set up a mock children's room like he's some sort of manchild. There is no live drummer and the music all feels super muted. Worst of all he's got this pseudo depression tone the whole time and the audience keeps laughing at it. It's only been 10 minutes but I'm considering walking out right now. Worst show ive ever been to. 55 bucks down the fucking drain.
>>
>>72517780
I bought tickets to one of the Berkeley shows in like October and one of the days was already sold out I'm pretty sure but I got some for the other day
>>
>>72518802
Shows over and by far it was the most pretentious thing I've ever seen. Jesus christ this man should kill himself. 0/10
>>
>>72517780
His wife is hot.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.