[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how would someone with close to no knowledge of piano go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: currents.jpg (754KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
currents.jpg
754KB, 1000x1000px
how would someone with close to no knowledge of piano go about learning it?
>>
>>72516670
sitting down and playing one
>>
learn all major scales
practice them all with both hands
learn songs that get progressively harder
???
profit
>>
Learn all major scales. Learn intervals. Learn all major minor diminished triads. Learn major minor dominant 7th chords. Learn chord extensions. Play every day for at least a few hours. Learn one song and learn to play it in every key.
Practice technical skills alongside improvisational skills.
Learning piano is an enourmous task so your only option is to genuinely enjoy the process of slowly getting better rather than looking at it as work.
>>
>>72516847
i am very interested in the instrument and have wanted to learn for a bit now so i am more than willing to spend years working on it. I just don't know where to begin is all
>>
>>72516670
>>72516691
also chords and arpeggios and cadences
>>
>>72516906
just spend some time learning all triads and major scales. That's necessary to do anything more with piano and it'll take you a while to master them.
Oh I forgot to mention inversions. Learn those early on too because I didn't and it was a bitch to get my fingers to do them later on.
>>
>>72516670
op you realize every single person that has ever learned piano started off by having "close to no knowledge" of it, right?

You should probably do the same as them and just, you know, sit down and learn it
>>
>>72516670
Stay away from the black keys
>>
>>72516670
Toy around and buy some books. I am biased towards classical music since I have been learning and playing mostly classical for almost 10 years but buy some exercise books and read some books on it. Many of the worlds greatest pianists (classical or not) were self taught early on. Be a child, follow your instincts, and find a decent teacher if possible. You don't NEED one, but having a good one allows you to progress much faster. Like all instruments, piano is very habitual, and if you have the wrong habits early on they can take years to overcome later on when you want to do more then just play a mozart sonata or a simple pop progression.
>>
plebs, all of you

seek my guidance, i'm the pianist
>>
>>72519312
record yourself then
>>
Keyboard is patrician
>>
File: forgetit.png (833KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
forgetit.png
833KB, 1280x720px
>MRW op continues to stare at the nice brand new keyboard on his desk that he got from his family for christmas and is trying to work up the motivation to practice and actually learn how to play but never actually will
>op i only know because im am you
>>
>>72520060
Wow that's spot on for me too. I'm feeling a little guilty at this point for not picking that thing up at all. When you think about all the time you've spent not being productive when it's right there waiting... feelsbadman
>>
>>72520060
>>72520298

I'm this anon >>72518916. If its any motivation, the piano is probably the most valuable tool instrument wise for writing music out there (all music school composition students HAVE to learn it). The potential of the instrument almost seems infinite. There's a reason the solo piano's catalogue is bigger than any other solo instrument.
>>
>>72520879
very true

i need to get my shit together and learn

so in this boat with you guys, jesus. like i can play a basic chord and shit

guitar is great for stuff as well i must tell fellas
>>
>>72520899
A half an hour a day goes a long way. Your relationship with an instrument is a give and take. become intimate. play. experiment. Eventually, you'll be able to feel (you) when you touch a key, or, feel that score of whoever you're playing be it Chopin, Beethoven, or Bach. Ill try to record some music I've been studying lately tomorrow.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.