[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people think this is AOTY? Is it because it's easy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2864.jpg (136KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2864.jpg
136KB, 1200x1200px
Why do people think this is AOTY? Is it because it's easy and safe 10/10 AOTY because it's Kendrick Lamar?
Remeber when people use to actually go out and find good releases. And rank Underground albums as their favorite of that year. No matter what the general public thinks.
>>
The commercialization and capitalization of the internet killed the underground, deal with it and move on
>>
>>72499187
The album isn't safe or easy at all for kendrick.
It's AOTY because it's better then everything else released this year. People actually give a shit about the project, and it's spawned more genuine discussion then anything else released this year.

It's a great album, i suggest you listen to it again, and again and again
>>
>>72499233
>AOTY because it's better then everything else released this year.
A Crow Looked At Me.
/thread
>>
>>72499282
>A Crow looked At me
Boring.
No replay ability.
No diversity.
Uninteresting.
Novelty wears off way to quick.

It's overall a weak project, completely overhyped, praise out of pity.

Kendrick made something people are actually going to be listening too and talking about for years to come. There is no comparison.
>>
>>72499233
8.7/10 at best

it's being dangerously overrated.
>>
>>72499377
desu 8.7 is a reasonably high enough score for aoty
>>
There are a lot of hardcore Kendrick fans on this board.
>>72499233
Fuck you
>>
>>72499343
>Boring
Intothetrashyouropiniongoes.jpg
>>
>>72499187
This album was the first time i felt melons score was too low
>>
TPAB, GKMC, S80 all better than DAMN
>>72499282
no it was boring
>>
Since this seems to be a Kendrick thread.

>GKMC
>Best
Money Trees
>Runner-up
Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst
>Worst
Real
>Overrated
m.A.A.d city
>Underrated
good kid

>TPAB
>Best
These Walls
>Runner-up
The Blacker the Berry
>Worst
Hood Politics
>Overrated
Mortal Man
>Underrated
Complexion

>DAMN
>Best
Pride
>Runner-up
Duckworth
>Worst
God
>Overrated
DNA
>Underrated
Love
>>
>>72499829
>T. I can't listen to music if it doesn't have a banging beat
>>
File: 4cb.png (810KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
4cb.png
810KB, 600x800px
>>72499187
because we wuz kings
>>
>>72499884
Section.80 (5/10)
>Fuck
>Section
>80
GKMC (9/10):
>Best: M.A.A.D City
>Runner-up: Money Trees
>Worst: Compton
>Overrated: Swimming Pools
>Underrated: The Art of Peer Pressure
TPAB (9/10):
>Best: Hood Politics
>Runner-up: King Kunta
>Worst: um...I guess Momma?
>Overrated: Tie between How Much a Dollar Cost and Alright
>Underrated: Complexion
UU (7/10):
>Not
>Really
>Worth
>Doing
DAMN. (10/10)
>Best: Difficult choice, I guess I'll go with ELEMENT.
>Runner-up: PRIDE.
>Worst: um...GOD. i guess
>Overrated: DNA.
>Underrated: YAH.
>>
>>72499829
GKMC>TPAB>DAMN.>>>Section .80
>>
>>72500199
You're a troll.
>>
>>72499233
>calling a album AOTY in april
You are a complete fucktard
>>
>>72499187
FEAR is the only good track, tell me I'm wrong
>>
There is no underground anymore, there is good (mainstream) and bad (not worth noting and thus not mainstream).

This is the post-internet reality, adapt or die.
>>
>>72500351
you're wrong
>>
>>72499187

>And rank Underground albums as their favorite of that year. No matter what the general public thinks.

That is your real gripe here: he isn't "underground" enough to regard.

Typical hipster posturing.
>>
It's not 10/10, but it's the best hip-hop album of the year so far, and by a generous margin. I'd say it's worthy of praise.
>>
>>72500205
you're right and section .80 was still great for it's time.
>>
>>72500490

>I'd say it's worthy of praise.

Of course it is. But then young hipsters are a fickle bunch. If they hear something getting discussed too much they start to get irrationally annoyed.
>>
>>72499187
If x album has metacritic on their back they are gonna love it.
/mu/ basically eats whatever coorporate jewish shit they throw at them.
I mean this album has some VERY generic trap shit on it. I can't even think how this a 10/10 with all the flaws that it has.
Pure marketing shilling. I can see that miles away.
>>
>>72500375
That completely ignores the reason why something immediately grabs mainstream attention. It's all about marketing. If you have the financial resources, you can advertise your album pre-release on major digital music stores and streaming sites (itunes and spotify in particular), and when everyone sees it all the time, everyone feels that it's normal to listen to and discuss the music. That's how mass-marketing works in "post-internet" capitalism.
>>
>>72500351
you're right
>>
File: kendricklamar.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
kendricklamar.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
UH UH UH NIGGA UH YA SMELL ME CUZ? UH UH UH FUCK YOU CRACKER ASS WHITEBOYS, YA'LL JUST MUH PLAY TOYS, I CREEP ON YA IN YO SLEEP WHIP OUT MUH GAT & IT GO 'BLAT', FUCK YO WHITE BITCH AT YOUR FUNERAL IN THE BATHROOM, SHE COMES BACK TO MUH ROOM, I PLAY WIT DEM TITTIES LIKE TWO BASKETBALLS DEN SLAM DUNK DIS BBC UP HER CORNHOLE, & YO AS IM BOUT TO BUST IN HER ASSHOLE TIGHTY SHE SCREAMS AN MOANS 'FUCK WHITEY'

YOU SMELL ME?
>>
>>72500606

You get too excited when you shitpost. Pace yourself. I know it's all very new and fun to you but try to calm down a bit.

>I CREEP ON YA IN YO SLEEP WHIP OUT MUH GAT & IT GO 'BLAT'

This made me laugh though.
>>
>>72499187
The scores for this album are inflated by his previous works, but funnily enough I think this is his first great album that stands on it's own musical merits. GKMC and TPAB are pretentious and rely too much on the skits and storytelling which get old fast. Musically they're unremarkable outside a few tracks. DAMN. feels refreshing and endlessly replayable.
>>
I made it to Humble and gave up
>>
your all morons
gkmc>damn>tpab>section80
why? well . damn has better replayability than nigger tupac interview roleplay youf ucking retards, im not listening to kendrick play make bvelieve every time iw anna listen to the album. I REMEMMBER YOU WAS CONFLICTED FUCK YOU KENDRICK
the songs are dull and broing too. hoodpolitics bad, momma, aint gonna lie, mortal man, for sale, king kunta, i, these are all unironically awful songs.
if you like tpab kill yourself. gkmc is god tier though
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.