[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Devil Without a Cause is 10/10, 5/5, Fuck it, it's a 5,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

Devil Without a Cause is 10/10, 5/5, Fuck it, it's a 5, a masterpiece.
DEVIL WITHOUT A CAUSE IS A FUCKING MASTERPIECE JESUS CHRIST
>>
Nick Cave is a genius, best artist ever associated with post punk because he actually allowed himself to age unlike so many of his contemporaries
>>
>>72498587
Jeffrey Lee Pierce was the best artist associated with post-punk but it doesn't take away from the fact that Cave's a genius.
>>
>>72498536
Pink Floyd's "Echoes" is my favorite song of all time.
Peter, Paul, and Mary's "500 Miles" (Not the Proclaimers song you might be thinking of!) is *one* of my favorite songs as well.
>>
The Beach Boys have at least a half dozen albums better than any Beatles albums.
>>
>>72498587
>"I'm a bad motherfucker, don't you know and I'll crawl over fifty good pussies just to get one fat boy's asshole"
>genius

what did he mean by this?
>>
Surfer Rosa and Doolittle are okay albums. Not great or even good, just okay.
>>
File: sam's town.png (122KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sam's town.png
122KB, 300x300px
While promoting the album, Brandon Flowers of The Killers called Sam's Town "one of the best pop albums of the last two decades" (released in 2006).

Though the album received a generally lukewarm critical response, I don't think Flowers was far off.
>>
>>72499090
>implying it's not perfect for an epic based on a standard about the worst, most evil person that's ever lived
>>
>>72499185
*meant to say he called it something along those lines, not an exact quote
>>
File: u2.jpg (5KB, 199x250px) Image search: [Google]
u2.jpg
5KB, 199x250px
U2 is a historically significant band that fell of the wagon in the 00's, and the fact that /mu/ doesn't want recognize it's earlier accomplishments is a tragedy of bias and sheep-like behavior to adhere to South Park memes.
>>
>>72499255
U2 is literally a top 20 band in history
>>
>>72499255
Why?
>>
File: metallica_ArmaniOfDarkness.jpg (87KB, 425x622px) Image search: [Google]
metallica_ArmaniOfDarkness.jpg
87KB, 425x622px
Music is in free fall as a cultural force and illegal downloading is the cause of it's increasing irrelevancy.

Communism (and all it's ideological offshoots) doesn't work in real life.
>>
>>72499320
>free fall
It's in a transition.
>>
>>72499314
Why is U2 significant? Not only did their production and the Edges guitar style influence shoe gaze and dream pop. But they're blending of dance music and alt rock changed the future if music. And that's not including their influence on post punk
>>
I think i may be bisexual but I'm afraid of this one gay guy i want to ask out not liking me and I'll be some outcast or something.

This is all from listening to sufjan stevens non-stop for 3 days.

what do
>>
>>72499358
Bisexuals don't exist. You're probably straight but lonely. Don't give into the meme. Also your post is off topic.
>>
>>72499358
Do you think you're his type or vice-versa? You should probably at least ask him out either way.
>>
John Lennon was a piece of shit and I'm glad someone killed him.
>>
>>72499358
Make friends with the gay guy to see if you really like him. These things take time.
>>
>>72499333
Yes, and the transition is from a culturally relevant vitality into a diminishing cultural irrelevancy.

Turns out music was very much like the baseball card bubble, when all the cash was removed from the majority of the equation nobody gives a shit anymore because there's nothing of value at stake.

Yeah, your Mickey Mantle and Ty Cobb (i.e. Taylor Swift & Bruno Mars) rookie cards went down in value a little bit but they're doing just fine overall, it's everyone else who gets left out in the cold.
>>
>>72499255
Eh, they fell off somewhere around the mid 90s but other than that you're right.
>>
I still have a copy of Let it enfold you by Senses fail in my car and sing along with every track sporadically throughout the year.
>>72499255
>>72499279
Also these
>>
>>72500162
Let it Enfold You is great anon

I've become what I said I never would and I'm helping a girl basically cheat on her boyfriend. We haven't banged, but she did crash at my place last weekend. He even caught us one time at my house and then shook my hand and left while she stayed for a while longer, that was a weird feeling.
>>
electronic music has great potential but most of the time it's ruined by being too repetitive
>>
>>72498536
Rap music is the rock of the current generation.
>>
>>72498536

Metal has many great albums and has about as many cliches as any other genre would have. It is targeted with unfair and vague criticism on /mu/.

/mu/ is a very stagnant board. "/mu/core" is primarily a mishmash of Pitchfork-core, RYM-core, and Scaruffi-core (8+ albums).

This board would be more interesting if it increased it's orientation towards music production. I'm a hypocrite and am afraid to share the music I have made.
>>
>>72501679
and most /mu/core metal lists are overcompressed and dated jokes.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.