[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post terrible poseur bands. I'll start. >Reminder Gira

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

Post terrible poseur bands. I'll start.

>Reminder Gira was a privileged sheltered rich kid that dropped a chance to get into ivy league because that would interfere with the brooding angsty image he was manufacturing for his future career.
>>
rich people CANNOT make music
>>
>>72494847
the future doesn't exist by itself so it's dishonest to project motives like this
>>
>>72494847
Who cares. I like the music. It's art, it doesn't necessarily have top be a reflection of his own reality.

If anyone's a poseur, it's someone obsessing over some perceived incongruence of image over anything else.
>>
>>72494847
say what you will, but I fucking love the Swans. Gira might be a fucking madman, but no other band strikes a chord quite like they do, even amidst the changing lineup.
It's sinister, primal and I fucking love it, regardless of the context of Gira's personal life. In a sense, it's fortunate he embarked on his artistic journey.

You can disagree though, that's ok.
>>
>>72494901
>>72494872
>>72494892
>Be privileged rich kid
>Want to make angsty, brooding, dark and spooky music
>Realize how retarded that is coming from someone like you
>Disregard everything in order to feel valid in making brooding so dark n spooky tunes

gira is a fag. and if you defend this guy you are too
>>
File: Hipster_Fag.jpg (24KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
Hipster_Fag.jpg
24KB, 500x351px
>Myself? I only listen to authentic music. I'm a connoisseur.
>>
File: beatles.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
beatles.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
The Beatles
>Reminder that the fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
File: wXUz3tp.jpg (60KB, 619x619px) Image search: [Google]
wXUz3tp.jpg
60KB, 619x619px
>>72494922
Ok but the music is still really good
>>
>>72494922
>>Realize how retarded that is coming from someone like you
this is totally arbitrary. the human experience still happens regardless of your wealth. leave your house once in a while and you'll understand.
>>
>>72494901
This
>>
>>72494957
>generic post rock with spook aesthetic

"No!"

>>72494928
Swans is a hipster band. I don't know what you're trying to prove here
>>
>>72494847
>ivy league
>worth anything

my respect for gira has rise
>>
>>72494922
>STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE
>>
File: 517.jpg (9KB, 248x233px) Image search: [Google]
517.jpg
9KB, 248x233px
>>72494983
fuck off tbqhfamalam
>>
>>72494983
generic compared to what
since generic is a relative term and all
>>
>>72494922
>be privileged rich kid
>recognize that life is much crueler and dirtier outside the social bubble you were born into
>make art that tries to reflect that rather than self congratulatory stuff that affirms your own privileged upbringing

yeah what douchebag

The only poser here is you OP.
>>
>>72494957
this

it's sensational. They're great at reinventing their sound as well, and they continue to impress me even as time marches on.

To Be Kind is goddamn incredible.

TOUSSAINT L'OVERTURE!!!!!!!!
>>
>>72494922

>Be privileged rich kid
>Want to make angsty, dark music
>Abandons his wealth and connections and does it because he wants to
>Doesn't look back

What a God
>>
really? source? wasn't he a bum who got into drugs and dead-end jobs? that's the background i imagined, and am sure of reading something alike
>>
>>72494984
"Smart but Lazy" fag detected.
>>72495016
Rejecting your wealth is the ultimate sign of status and arrogance. No poor kid would ever reject that shit. Yet Gira does it as a fashion/artistic statement. He's that far up his own ass. Fuck rich hacks that do that shit. >>72495051
See Above. It's a fashion/artistic statement. "Indie" bandshave been doing it for years. Trust fund kids pretend they're poor 'cause it's artistic and genuine to be poor. Look at faggots like diiv and the strokes.
>>
>>72494847
>>72494922
>Be Gira
>have neglecting rich parents
>have multiple felonies in early teenage years
>runaway from home at age 16
>backpack through Europe
>sell hash in Israel
>go to Israeli prison for two years
>see people get tortured, possibly get raped
>get out
>work in a salt mine and sleep homeless on the beach
>woman contacts parents
>get back to US
>work to get into art school
>make one of the most significant albums ever despite being a talentless who

Reminder this is what actually happened
>>
wasn't he literally in an israeli prison for a year when he was like 13 or am i thinking of someone else
>>
>>72495113
>neglecting parents
nothing points to his parents being "neglecting".
>>
>>72495109
I can tell you lack real-life experience.
see: The Hero's Journey
>>
>>72495138
Besides him being a rich kid who robbed convenient stores and somehow ended up in prison at age 16, and besides him straight up saying his parents "uh...they weren't around a lot" when asked in an interview?
>>
>>72494847
Swans is a good shout.

I wonder how many people have tried their hardest to enjoy it in order to project a sophisticated image.
>>
>>72495157
>Namedrop narrative youlearned in 11th grade english
>that'll show him!
>>
>>72495183
it isn't namedropping if it's relevant
furthermore your petty attitude is telling of so much about you and i wish you were self-aware enough to see it for yourself
>>
>>72495182
I love swans but I've literally never shared that fact with anyone outside of /mu/.
>>
>>72495178
Has anyone asked the parents about him?

After working with artists for years these people tend to like self pity and brooding backgrounds, for aesthetic purposes. I wouldn't trust a single word out of someone like gira's mouth about his past.

>>72495182
>swans
>sophisticated

did you even try

>>72495199
>hehe
>youre not self aware but i am
>this means youre wrong and I am right

this meta bullshit could go on for dozens of posts. fuck off.
>>
>tfw you love Swans and don't give a shit what autists on /mu/ think

feels good desu
>>
>>72495213
"Oh damn, Gira actually has a pretty interesting backstory. I'll just say it's all fake."

Gira said in the same interview how much of a pain in the ass he must've been for his parents and how he feels bad for them btw
>>
>>72495213
>>youre not self aware but i am
>>this means youre wrong and I am right

no it means your foundation sucks and if anything it's hard to trust you, never mind gira

but no, everyone's just out for a grand scheme motive you learned from 4chan ("aesthetic," "fashion/social capital") since you clearly lack real-life experience. you cozy little boy.
>>
>>72495223
it's just a shame, this board has potential but I'm let down every single fucking time I load it up.

this is a board that dismisses and entire band's overwhelmingly fortune of a discography because of the backstory of the frontman, yet blindly worships Kanye fucking West.

The fucking irony.
>>
>>72495270
the problem with your posts is you seem to think you're objectively correct in your logic and know more than everyone else by default

if you really think terms like aesthetic and 'social capital' are learned from 4chan you shouldn't be the one calling others 'cozy little boy'

people like you are the reason people hate swans and their fanbse m8, you are the type of person that makes autists like op sperge all over swans
>>
>>72495306
>thinking mu still likes kanye west

It's like I took a time machine back to 2011.

Besides, even there, kanye isn't being all too pretentious about his back story. it doesn't even matter under his music or image.
>>
>>72495109
>No poor kid would ever reject that shit.

That's irrelevant. The entire point is talking about being born wealthy and how you treat it from there. You have no obligation to remain in the social class you were literally born into, he obviously took issue with it and decided to go another route. There's literally nothing wrong with that. And it's not even like he used his money to fuel his projects while retaining the aesthetic like the others you mentioned did.

Again, disregarding all that, I like the music and that's all I particularly care about. Since fucking antiquity art has been primarily made by the privileged. That's just the reality, and I'm not saying that's a good thing, but you can't just discount the art itself based on that one characteristic over the one who made it. Especially since plenty of artists deliberately strive towards impersonality in regards to their art, and that's a completely valid avenue to take. Are you going to call T.S. Eliot a poser for writing from the perspective of a balding middle aged man when he was 20?

You're just a fucking poser who thinks he's smart for pointing obvious shit that everyone has already reconciled.
>>
>>72495308
>if you really think terms like aesthetic and 'social capital' are learned from 4chan you shouldn't be the one calling others 'cozy little boy'

you seem to be new to these threads since i recognize op and he has the same exact molded-and-groomed shortsighted bs to say about a whole assortment of bands and artists and it's all obviously a sham to project his own inauthentic tendencies

also i don't think i'm objectively correct, i just think op is wrong. there's a difference.
>>
>>72495327
there are multiple threads about Kanye on here daily. I clearly recall a fairly lengthy thread comparing Kendrick to Kanye not even 12 hours ago.

I just don't get why you autists get so worked up over this shit. Pretentious artists make shockwaves, regardless of the narrative. Fucking Andy Warhol helped usher in a wave of post-modernism in the arts, and whether you love it or hate it, you can't ignore all of it blindly.
>>
File: armchair-psychologist.png (242KB, 382x498px) Image search: [Google]
armchair-psychologist.png
242KB, 382x498px
>>72495369
this and a fedora tip simultaneously
>>
>>72495411
great argument. now who's the one who thinks he's "objectively correct" and no dissent can get in the way? sit and spin loser.
>>
>>72494928
You're more likely to see a person like that praising Swans though.

Not even saying the music is bad.
>>
>>72495016
this
>>
File: just.png (117KB, 239x337px) Image search: [Google]
just.png
117KB, 239x337px
>liking music
>>
>>72494922
you realize this post let everyone know that you are a loser with nothing going for you right?
>>
>>72495526

Only post-reunion, and that material is schlock anyway.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.