[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you spot the difference between the two rappers in this image?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: 1493430541355.jpg (74KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493430541355.jpg
74KB, 500x500px
Can you spot the difference between the two rappers in this image?

One is a talented, authentic, and unaffected artist who puts his very soul into the music he creates while at the same time self-innovating and generating soundscapes which evoke the very spirit of a generation.

The other is Kendrick Lamar
>>
>>72493879
bait
>>
true pham
>>
>>72493879
who cares they both sold out
>>
who cares?

Rap is a joke. Anybody who takes rap seriously should not be taken seriously.
>>
File: 1483556380711.jpg (71KB, 528x528px) Image search: [Google]
1483556380711.jpg
71KB, 528x528px
>who cares they both sold out
>>
File: rht0IQT.jpg (88KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
rht0IQT.jpg
88KB, 540x720px
>Rap is a joke. Anybody who takes rap seriously should not be taken seriously.
>>
File: typical_rap_fan.jpg (110KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
typical_rap_fan.jpg
110KB, 540x720px
>>72494000
>>72493971
>Yeezus changed my life
>>
I love it when people repost my posts. I purposefully format them as subtle copypastas so I'm happy when they catch on.
>>
>>72494073
you're right tho. kendrick is trash, u is his only good song
>>
>>72493879
>muh talking niggers
>>
File: @cuck.jpg (34KB, 298x444px) Image search: [Google]
@cuck.jpg
34KB, 298x444px
>>72494047
>An entire genre of music is completely worthless
>>
>>72493879
This debate is so fucking pointless it triggers my revolutionary war PTSD flash backs every time i see it

Kendrick is a RAPPER. He can rap probably twice as good as Kanye with huge layers of meaning. He also raps over straight jazz to modern day trap.

Kanye is an ARTIST. He started off with production and picked up rap because he wanted to hold the mic. He is pretty conceptual and egotistic in his music, but not really in meaning.

Btw, I like both a lot
>>
>>72494710
*but not really in rapping
>>
>>72493939
Kendrick just made trendy music in a better way and ironically he made it into some of his best work yet.
>>
I mean Kanye was key in reinventing hip hop in the mid-00s, effectively killing the third gangsta era (ushered in by the Chronic 01) in 2007 when Graduation out sold some stupid bad 50 Cent album.
But that's not to say he's the voice of a generation, merely a key character.
He, like the Beatles, will be remembered for thier cultural contributions and not as much for thier music, which aged fairly poorly.
Kendrick, although GKMC and TPAB are great albums, they're still just 90s circlejerk albums and are far from cutting edge. Timeless yet reminicent, but no more than that.
>>
>>72494939
what about UU or DAMN.? I think UU is really original and his best
>>
>>72495021
t. contrarian

kendrick has dropped nothing of value in his entire life

kanye won't be remembered 5 years from now

the only artist nowadays doing anything interesting is grimes.
>>
>>72495080
please let this be bait for the love of god
>>
>>72495080
>kanye won't be remembered 5 years from
This some shitty yet im still replying anyway. I hate myself
>>
>>72495282
>>72495530
if i had that image about people not liking jesus because he spoke the truth i'd post it right now

kanye hasn't done anything that warrants being remembered, and he won't be remembered because of it. all his music solely relies on shock factor. kendrick relies on politics to remain relevant, and when not using the politics shtick he makes generic rap music using whatever tropes are currently popular.
>>
>>72495566
Kanye's music has nothing to do with shock factor

Kendrick's Untitled Unmastered has nothing to do with politics

You think Grimes makes anything more than shitty 80s circle jerks. Fucking off yourself
>>
>>72493879
Not even mad cause kanye is a legend
>>
File: jWOT3Pw.png (1MB, 631x893px) Image search: [Google]
jWOT3Pw.png
1MB, 631x893px
>>72495566
The College Dropout is a classic
Late Registration is a classic
MBDTF is a classic
Yeezus is a classic
not to mention all the classics he has produced

Kanye will definitely be remember years from now. It's sad that shitting on him is such a meme. He really is a very talented artist. Once he dies people will come to realize how much of an actual genius he is.
>>
File: 1493206493012.jpg (65KB, 799x644px) Image search: [Google]
1493206493012.jpg
65KB, 799x644px
>>72494710
>huge layers of meaning
>>
>>72494939
>I mean Kanye was key in reinventing hip hop in the mid-00s, effectively killing the third gangsta era (ushered in by the Chronic 01) in 2007 when Graduation out sold some stupid bad 50 Cent album.

Kanye didn't really kill gangsta rap, he outsold a gangsta rap album, but gangsta rap still is and was prevalent.
There wasn't a huge wave of good new rappers with personal and emotional lyrics.
>>
>>72497243
No there was a huge wave of rappers like Childish Gambino, because for the first time it was trendy for rappers to be soft.
>>
>>72497277
There was a wave, but it wasn't huge.
All Drake does is sing about relationships and even he started talking about selling drugs by his third or fourth album.
Even Cudi sings more than he raps, more R&B than hip-hop.
>>
i saw another thread with the same op as this one yesterday
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.