[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is literally just Black Sabbath. How the fuck did they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

This is literally just Black Sabbath. How the fuck did they get away with this?
>>
>>72491159
Because Sabbath's great
>>
not a bad thing to copy if you're gonna go that route
i mean they fucking pull it off
>>
It's the best Sabbath worship album ever made.
>>
>>72491171
>>72491194
Sabbath have 19 albums, why do we need even more from some lazy American fanboys?
>>
>>72491222
trips of truth

>>72491224
true, but Holy Mountain is better than around 14 of the Sabbath albums, and the worship is very well done.
>>
You're allowed to play music that's similar to your influences. It's most of music. Also it's not as close as you think. I'm guessing you don't listen to a lot of doom/stoner.
>>
A big difference between the two for me is the vocals.

Personally I don't like Ozzy's voice so I prefer Sleep any day

Also Sabbath never made fucking Dopesmoker so there's that
>>
>>72491224
Luckily there's no ministry of necessary albums here so people can release whatever the fuck they want
>>
>>72491305
>Also Sabbath never made fucking Dopesmoker so there's that
no they made Master of Reality, you know that album that created a whole sub-genre
>>
>>72491304
I'm guessing you listen to a lot of Wolfmother
>>
>>72491339
And apparently get universal praise for it despite introducing like maybe 3 different ideas total.
>>
>>72491513
Well, Dopesmoker is the second best album of that sub-genre (Holy Mountain is better)
>>
If we can make a generalization about metal (well music in general actually), we're looking at a musical style that is founded upon authenticity through repetition.
Metal is obsessed with "keeping the spirit alive" which means bands playing the same style that was played like 40 years ago.
>>
>>72491513
listen to Masters of Reality and then Dopesmoker and tell me they're the same
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.