[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. Some Things We Do 2. Nathalie Neal 3. Kirsten Supine 4. To

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: tbk.jpg (12KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
tbk.jpg
12KB, 319x319px
1. Some Things We Do
2. Nathalie Neal
3. Kirsten Supine
4. To Be Kind
5. Just A Little Boy
6. Bring the Sun / Toussaint L'Ouverture
7. She Loves Us
8. Screen Shot
9. A Little God In My Hands
10. Oxygen
If you disagree, you're a pleb.
>>
Swap some things we do and just a little boy and we have a deal
>>
Is this best to worst? Playlist ordering?
>>
>>72479135
best to worst
>>
>>72479135
>reorganizing a single album into a playlist
Do people really do this?
>>
>>72479205
I think sometimes reordering an album is an interesting way to re-experience something. In some cases it's possible to change the entire feeling an album gives you through a whole listen just on track order. Obviously the initial order was chosen for a reason and should be respected but it's fun to experiment.
>>
>>72479135
clearly a worst to best, reversed for the purpose of baiting
>>
>>72479186
I see
>>72479245
agreed

I think every song on To Be Kind is great but if I HAD to pick an order, it'd be:

1. Bring the Sun / Toussaint L'Ouverture
2. She Loves Us
3. Screen Shot
4. Just a Little Boy
5. Nathalie Neal
6. Kirsten Supine
7. Some Things We Do
8. Oxygen
9. A Little God in my Hands
10. To Be Kind

Again, it's impossible for me to say any of these songs are outright bad. I love every single one.
>>
1. Kirsten Supine
2. Bring The Sun/Toussaint L'Ouverture
3. Oxygen
4. A Little God In My Hands
5. Screen Shot
6. Nathalie Neal
7. Some Things We Do
8. To Be Kind
9. She Loves Us
10. Just A Little Boy

But what do I know, I'm not the biggest fan of this album.
>>
>>72479664
Oops, meant to say is, not are
>>
I heard A Little God In My Hands and immediately bought the album. And then I felt like a pleb because nothing else on the album sounds anything like it.
>>
>>72479728

Yeah, TBK weirdly has some single-ready material on it. That hasn't happened for the band since what, Celebrity Lifestyle on The Great Annihilator? Pretty unusual to see a post-Soundtracks album with something resembling sincere accessibility.
>>
>>72479762
Jim was accessible.
>>
A lot of the time the most popular tracks aren't the most interesting an album has to offer, but this is an exception. Oxygen, A Little God In My Hands and Screen Shot aren't just some of Swans best songs ever, they're some of the greatest I've ever heard.

1. Oxygen
2. Screen Shot
3. A Little God In My Hands
4. Just a Little Boy
5. Nathalie Neal
6. She Loves Us
7. To Be Kind
8. Some Things We Do
9. Kirsten Supine
10. BTS/TL'O

Only song I dislike on TBK is "Bring The Sun/Toussaint L'Ouverture" 2nd half is a bore, it has a great intro but the rest does nothing for me, felt like it is long for the sake of being long, just because they did it on the previous album. The Seer was a much better track.
>>
>>72479351
I enjoy Oxygen in Gira's solo concerts, but it doesn't resemble a Swans song at all to me. It, A Little God In My Hands, and Screen Shot all strike me as reserved, unambitious filler tracks that constitute the antithesis of what I expect in a Swans song. Most of the other songs feel exciting and fully realized, but those seem to be mediocre jams that should have evolved into something better but never did (except for A Little God In My Hands, which is utterly hopeless)
One song that felt similarly unrealized was yet still managed to be excellent was To Be Kind. That song really could have gone on for half an hour and been better off for it
>>
>>72479973

Not that anon but while I can somewhat see it on A Little God In My Hands the other 2 felt rather Swans-y to me. Screen Shot tapped into the band's penchant for repetitive mantras and Oxygen plodded along with the intensity of their early material but with much greater instrumental depth. With a stripped down aesthetic Oxygen almost could've been on Filth.
>>
>>72480003
Maybe you're right, I usually separate nu-Swans from their older material in my head. Oxygen calls The Great Annihilator to mind, but it's a lot less interesting to me without the imaginative song structure. This opinion might just be something I've contrived on account of my dislike for the guitar tone
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.