[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has /mu/ ever been right about anything? It's very good,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: humanz.jpg (75KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
humanz.jpg
75KB, 630x630px
Has /mu/ ever been right about anything? It's very good, not their best but also not their worst. /mu/ told me this would be their worst album yet, just how little knowledge about music does /mu/ have?
>>
>not their best but also not their worst
sure
>it's very good
it's not
>>
>>72462766
2/10, made me reply
>>
>>72462814

it is
>>
Only pitchfork drones will dislike this album.
>>
People who hate this remind me a lot of the Grimes fans who hated Art Angels. General hatred of both seemed to stem from fans of artists associated with alternative music making something more contemporary sounding.
>>
>>72462901
But Art Angels is catchy.
>>
>>72462766
>but-but Damon talked bad about Trump and theirs niggers on the album :(
>>
>>72462832
it's not
>>
>>72462766
The only good songs on this are Andromeda and Hallelujah Money. Mumble rap is creative bankruptcy, and it's a shame it's featured on this album.
>>
>>72463034
>Because hip-hop hasn't been a part of Gorillaz from the beginning
>>
>b-but they are getting all political, it must be shit right /mu/?
>>
>>72463051
What is the mumble rap. Point me to the mumble rap. Where is future? where is young thug? where are migos? Lil uzi? Fucking lil yachts? You have such a limited knowledge of rap music (a genre incredibly easy to insult) that you can't even troll correctly. You need to train harder
>>
File: axxsfXC.jpg (123KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
axxsfXC.jpg
123KB, 450x350px
>call it a gorillaz album
>damon alburn only appears in 3 songs
>everything else is bottom of the barrel rappers + generic beats
>>
>>72462766
>very good
>not their best

They haven't made anything over 6/10 baby boy
>>
>>72463084
ez
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAlXfs3Ta_A
>>
>>72462766
People reacted similarly to Plastic Beach. People here complained about the rap and politics in a Gorillaz album. Then they elaborated saying they didn't like the blunt lyrics in Humanz while the blunt lyrics in Dirty Harry and Kids with Guns were fine.
People try to claim a band that changes its tones and whose last two releases were vastly different from Demon Dayz and their titular album and expected them to bit change tones for this one.
Yeah, I'd say a lot of /mu/ has no idea what it's talking about. And the sad part is that this is a very popular band with most of its history, development, and production info out in the open and has been around for nearly 2 decades. One of the last bands for a lot of people here to be dead wrong about.
>>
>>72463051
there's literally no mumble rap
most of the songs don't even have rap at all
>>
>>72463058
This. Gorillaz was always about politics.
>>
>>72463096
>damon alburn only appears in 3 songs
did you listen to the album
>>
>>72463114
That's not mumble rap, that's literally Popcaan's accent.
>>
>>72463163
occasionally saying "oooh" in the background of a rap song doesn't count
>>
>>72462766
I agree my dude, really enjoying the album
>>
>>72463177
Did you listen to the album
>>
>>72463195
yes and i'm re-listening right now while deleting the crappy songs so they don't appear in my playlists
>>
this is the ultimate contrarian board
that's why people like the swans
>>
>>72463223
H A H A
A H A H
H A H A
A H A H
>>
>>72463223
swans are good though
>>
>>72463247
you like it?
it's shit
>>
File: raises paw.webm (888KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
raises paw.webm
888KB, 1920x1080px
the worst part of this garbage album:
where is murdoc's bass guitar?
where is noodles lead guitar?
2d only sings the chorus
and Rustle's drums have been replaced by a drum machine
why even call this a gorillaz album when 3 of the 4 gorillaz don't even perform in it?
>>
>>72463270
>why even call this a gorillaz album when 3 of the 4 gorillaz don't even perform in it?
Just like PB and the fall
>>
Gorillaz was never NOT about politics. /mu/ is having a hissy fit on Christian band singing about Jesus. Damon has several times over the decades sing'd his praise about the black community and highlighted at the oppression they daily face.
>>
>>72463287
the fall was shit,
but plastic beach actually had guitar, bass and drums in some songs
>>
>>72463096
>grace jones
>bottom of the barrel

I'm the whitest, most privileged shit /pol/ browser and even I know that's not true.

I'm not in love with it and have 3 gripes:
1. Vince staples' fatalistic lyric about being black/white in america. Gonna further separate the young, social-media blm crowd.
2. Not enough unique hooks or build ups
3. Not enuf albarn, females doing 'soft' vocals', or 2-D
>>
>>72463270
>Murdoc is well documented as writing lyrics
>Russell the drummer
>synth drums

They're still there. Albarn has gone full synth for this album, he's confessed as much. Easy to imagine the actual characters did as well. Change of sound doesn't mean most of the band isn't there. We're really reaching now aren't we?
>>
>>72463270
>implying cartoon characters are real people
Wow.
>>
>>72463301
That doesn't mean the characters performed on it
Noodle was replaced with a robot and russel with a drum machine. Murdoc had to kidnap 2D to force him to sing on it
>>
>all these nerds trying to compare it to plastic beach saying it will get better for people as time goes on
lmao
>>
>>72463129
>Kids with Guns
>blunt

Wat
>>
>>72463334
I've seen people say they start liking a lot of it after a few listens in every thread until now.
>>
how to make a modern gorillaz album
1. get 10 no name rappers and 3 has beens in a room
2. get them to sign over one song each to the album
3. delete the old chorus's from each song and have damon record new chorus's with his voice
4. let hipsters on /mu/ pretend it isn't the worst thing since Think Tank
>>
Thankfully, this album will never find it's renaissance when shittier album pops up. It tries to sing about it's own 9/11, without seeing its just social media drama.
>>
File: 1451527619748.gif (326KB, 367x225px) Image search: [Google]
1451527619748.gif
326KB, 367x225px
>interlude every 3 songs
>>
>dude 10 second tracks lmao
>>
Worse than the Fall but better than G-sides
>>
File: 1438280185931.gif (2MB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
1438280185931.gif
2MB, 280x280px
I only liked She's My Collar.
>>
>>72462832
not very god, just ok
>>
File: 1226695123838Akira1.jpg (182KB, 645x350px) Image search: [Google]
1226695123838Akira1.jpg
182KB, 645x350px
>>72463270
TETSUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.