[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Impossible Nothing is just another proof of the notion that aesthetics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1492997451771.jpg (53KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1492997451771.jpg
53KB, 350x350px
Impossible Nothing is just another proof of the notion that aesthetics in modern music trump musical appreciation. No one cared about him or his music back when it was released on individual albums like Monte Christo, Count Dantes, etc. but the moment he re-releases all those albums in a single package and with an #aesthetic artwork he suddenly becomes the best thing in hip-hop since Public Enemy and the only thing of worth to come out of Bandcamp.

Don't get me wrong, IM is pretty great. But at the same time one can't ignore the fact that much of his acclaim comes from his gimmicky aesthetic. Without it he'd be just a very good VHS Head imitator, and to unexperienced plebs, just a yet another run-of-the-mill Bandcamp producer.
>>
too long semicolon did not read
>>
Anyone have dl to his earlier albums?
I already got Monte Christo off a sharethread but that's all I have.
>>
>>72461808
>IM
*IN

>>72461847
tl;dr - modern music fans care about aesthetics more than they do about the music itself

alternative tl;dr - music nowadays has to feature interesting aesthetics in order for people to pay attention to it
>>
>>72461919
SoundCloud has some of his stuff and check the archive because he produced music for some people under impossible nothing but it's spelled in a myspace type of way
>>
>>72461808

You are wrong. Literally the only reason people started caring about him is because Scaruffi put one of his albums in his top 5 for the decade. It has nothing to do with "muh aesthetics".

also his music is great, he sounds literally nothing like VHS Head and I have a feeling you were trying less to make an actual comparison and more to just namedrop an electronic musician who isn't talked about a ton here.
>>
>>72462249
>he sounds literally nothing like VHS Head
VHS Head was the first thing to come to mind when I heard Phonemenimicon for the first time.
>>
>>72462405

well I wish you luck on fixing your broken ears then
>>
>>72462249
>he sounds literally nothing like VHS Head
he literally does though
>>
>>72462249
>Literally the only reason people started caring about him is because Scaruffi put one of his albums in his top 5 for the decade
/thread
>>
>>72462754

no he doesn't stfu
>>
>>72461808
I dunno, you're definitely right in saying that an eye-catching aesthetic helps in becoming more popular, but most of it is probably due to >>72462249 .

Either way I really don't mind, he's pretty talented and deserves the buzz.
>>
You are confusing concept with aesthetics. These albums have nothing to do with, let's say, vapowave, that relies on a certain imagery to create the whole atmosphere; or Bowie with his numerous personas that added nothing to the music per se.
>>
>>72464559
Lol he has no buzz.
He has had his first album reviewed by bloggers, has released two more to little or no feedback, and has produced 13 hours of new music in under a year.
>>
I mean putting everything into a larger package inherently makes a more cohesive album, and I wouldn't call his artwork's theme something akin to 'AESTHETIC' like with vaporwave and shit, if he were copying a style already existing then I might but it's at least his own consistent creative idea. Kind of like how Swans' artwork has the consistency of design.

I won't deny that the only reason he's getting acclaim is because of Scaruffi though.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.