[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does anyone here actually like this album? and why? i don't,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 23

File: image.jpg (156KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156KB, 1200x1200px
does anyone here actually like this album? and why?

i don't, but i'm just curious if i'm missing something.
>>
>>72461071
no its not a gorillaz album its literally a mixtape maship with guest spots of 2d
>>
I think it's superb but I can't be fucked explaining why I'm sorry
>>
I like Elevator Going Up
>>
it's shit

i haven't even listened to it yet, but it's shit
>>
>>72461071
theres some songs i enjoy, like 2 or 3, but the rest is shit
>>
>>72461170
The most /mu/ response of all time
>>
I like it

It's not as good as Plastic Beach and Demon Days, but I like it better than their s/t as I'm not really a fan of that
It's not as bad as people make it out to be, like a 7 or something if you'd like to paste a number on it
>>
I love it honestly. The songs are mostly short and straight to the point. Damon is the type of producer who makes his songs brilliant in a way that it takes several listens for the subtle nuances of the songs to come out. I'd say it's better than the s/t. Probably my album of the year already
>>
Strobelight's pretty banger, so's we've got the power
>>
>>72461368
>good as people make it out to be
What?
>>
>>72461368
>>72461426
I agree with you guys and would like to add:

AWESOME production, textured but aerial/ spacious throughout

It's a comeback album that went in different directions but still remained true to self; I appreciate that they took risk and not have it watered down
>>
>>72461450
read again
>>
Hey, that Out of Body song on the deluxe version is pretty good
>>
I like the production on a lot of the songs, I think most of the guests are utilized pretty well as well. For the most part, I enjoyed it but I agree with the view that it feels more like a mixtape than something planned to be an album. Plastic Beach and Demon Days had a lot of cohesion so it's weird how scattered Humanz sounds in comparison.
>>
>>72461161
Same
>>
File: 1492861618765.png (47KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
1492861618765.png
47KB, 500x430px
>tfw bought the record on accident because i forgot about preordering it before the leaks
>>
that "shivers down my backbone" line in momentz sounds straight out of some ratboy genius youtube shit tbqh, and the worst part of it all is that I like it
>>
Too overwhelmingly hiphop, 2D/Damon feels too backseated to the feature artists and overall kinda feels robbed of that unique personality I could feel in previous albums. Doesn't feel like a Gorillaz album, feels like the band was hardly a part of it.
>>
Definitely not their best album. But I like it so far. The problem I've found is I either like a song or hate it. With their other stuff I could at least find something to like about each song. In Humanz the songs I don't like, I straight up hate.
>>
I didn't like plastic beach at first because it was so saturated with guest artists, but after a while I liked it all up. But man, at least the guests on that had some kinda theme going. I don't feel good about it but there are maybe 5 tracks I like so far. All I can judge on that I'm sure of is that Hallelujah Money makes me want to throw up.
>>
>>72461595
The catchiest bit of the whole song is also the tackiest, I hate it
>>
How preachy are the politics this time out?
>>
>>72461531
Really surprised that it's reduced to just a bonus track, it's one of my favourites
>>
>>72461774
More than the others but not obvious unless you're listening for them.
>>
I like it
but is it Gorillaz? not really. good album still. Especially the first half is just non-stop good stuff
The Apprentice is the best song
>>
File: IMG-20170428-WA0001.jpg (71KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170428-WA0001.jpg
71KB, 768x1024px
>>72461071
If Andromeda was the last track it would be a 8 or 9 for me but unfortunately every track after it is dull uninspired garbo.
>>
This shit should have been called gorillaz presents... this sounds like a compilation for a label showcasing artists
>>
>>72461774
The ones that are more in your face are Ascension, Let Me Out, Hallelujah Money and the end of The Apprentice, which ruins a pretty good song:

Yo, new black king, New York dream
Tell these motherfuckers everything I'm seeing
My world's darker than the young black dream
Of the first black prince of a new white king
I just wanna play, have it my way
Make a bunch of fucking rules, then tell 'em obey
They can't fuck with me, yeah, yeah, Ojay
First name, government? No, him, I slay
New black king, oh
New black king, yeah
New black king, oh
Uh, obey, obey, obey
>>
>>72462079
Yeah, even as a pretty far left-leaning guy I thought that entire part was a bit too in your face, I liked the song a lot and then that bit came and really soured the mood.
>>
>>72461152
Please explain though. It's real generic and bad imo.
>>
>>72461826
What track?
>>
>>72462133
Regardless of politics the worst thing is that those lyrics are just plain bad. Maybe I'll just cut that part out of the song, I like the rest of it a lot
>>
>>72462221
>>72461826
Nvm didn't realise it was literally called out of body
>>
>>72462244
Yeah, those lyrics are like Baby's First Kendrick.
>>
I was really afraid to listen to this album, but so far Submission and Busted and blue are pretty good though
>>
busted and blue
sex murder party
saturn barnz

are the only good songs of this album
>>
File: 1493183397551.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1493183397551.gif
3MB, 500x281px
Honestly I'd say this album is better than Plastic Beach. None of the tracks hit the same level of quality as the best on Plastic Beach, but unlike Plastic Beach half the tracks aren't just kinda shit.
A few of the tracks are kinda shit but it's a smoother experience overall.

My biggest issue is just that it feels a little schizophrenic honestly. Plastic Beach had a really consistent sort of island sound to it, obviously, which tied it together even when it got bad.
With Humanz it's like if a track is bad it's just bad out of nowhere.

The political shit is also surprisingly not overbearing other than being too blatant in Hallelujah Money.
>>
>>72462308
Sex Murder Party is the worst song on the entire thing, what the fuck are you on.
>>
>>72462314
>jamie principle
>808 beat and nice synth work
>damon albarn voice is not spoiled by too many fucking guests

the rest is not gorillaz, it's just "gorillaz invite..."
>>
It's good. I feel like this will also grow on people like PB.
>>
>>72462351
probably will, but Plastic Beach had more songs i think, so longer to digest but also more coherent than humanz
>>
What is this new genre of monotone cute girl rap that I'm noticing lately? Out Of Body solidifies it as not just being a one-off thing.
I need more of it in my life.
>>
If I try to listen to Plastic Beach now, I don't like it anymore with the exception of a few songs. If I listen to Demon Days, I still enjoy it.
Im listening to Humanz and can't find anything to grab onto. Not my thing at all.
>>
>>72462385
I liked Kilo Kish a lot when she first came out but totally forgot about her, Out of Body reminded me how much I dig her voice.
>>
We got the power really grew on me. It's very uplifting.
>>
>>72461599
>Too overwhelmingly hiphop
Uh huh
On just the standard versions
DD: 4 hip hop
PB: 5 Hip Hop
H: 5 Hip Hop
If we start counting the extra stuff from each phase, then s/t would be included too
>>
>>72462484
after a few listens, We got The Power is my favourite song on Humanz
>>
>>72461071
It sux
>>
I've listened to it on repeat for a while now.

I reaaeaaally did not like the singles when they came out. It's grown on me now, though.

I'm mostly disappointed. It's just not what I wished for. Still not bad, just not their best. Pretty good still.

>Demon Days > D-Sides = Gorillaz > Plastic Beach > G-Sides > The Fall.

Haven't figured out where I place it. Probably above G-Sides? I don't know.

Best songs off the album in my opinion:

>Saturnz Barz
>Momentz
>Charger
>Andromeda
>Hallelujah Money
>Out Of Body

Maybe also
>We Got The Power
>The Apprentice
>>
It's got more songs I like than Plastic Beach, I think. Also, I like Hallelujah Money, fight me
>>
>>72462642
Plastic Beach > Demon Days > The Fall > Gorillaz > Humanz
>>
loving it so far, Charger, She's My Collar, Busted And Blue, Out of Body, Momentz, Ticker Tape are really really good
I dont like the other tracks that much, but ill just give it some time and hear them again later
>>
>>72462688
>The Fall > Gorillaz
lol ;~)
>>
>OL MOI LOIFE
>YO BLACK KING...
>AYO BB DROP DAT AZZ
Why?

1. Busted and Blue
2. Charger
3. She's my Collar
4. The Apprentice
5. Andromeda

HM: Momentz
I'm not sure about She's my Collar though that shitty snare irks me.
>>
>>72462717
i know, i can't explain but i really liked The Fall
>>
>>72461481

Everyone is going to praising this album by Christmas time, just watch
>>
>>72462723
This.
Busted and Blue is like El Mañana all over again. It's easily the best song on this album. It's just a shake that it doesn't take off toward the end.
>>
>>72462760
I really love The Fall too, but i cant really compare to the others albums they released
>>
I actually went what the fuck when the vocals came on Saturn Barz when it was posted like a month ago but it's one of my favorites on the album now
>>
>>72462771
We'll see.

I really hated Plastic Beach on release. Hopefully this will grow on me like it did.
>>
Every Gorillaz album after DD usually has to grow on me, right now I really prefer every track the actually features Damon singing on it. It feels like every track will be much better performed live with their huge screens, lighting, and actual live backing band tho.
>>
>>72461170
/mu/ in a nutshell
>>
>>72462793
true dat, very different
>>
The apprentice. Im going to be repeating this like a mother fucker
>>
I couldn't even finish it. Pure shit.
>>
Yes I like it, especially if you listen to the album in the order.

Albums for Gorillaz now go like this for me:

1) Demon Days
2) Plastic Beach
3) Humanz & Self-titled
4) G-sides
5) D-sides
6) The Fall
>>
>>72463306
I agree with this.

I listened to every album from beginning to end in order of release before I heard Humanz and D-Sides was a struggle. All of those goddamn way too long remixes drag down what could have been an interesting, though obviously weaker, compliment to Demon Days.
>>
>>72463332
>All of those goddamn way too long remixes
I mean, that isn't really part of the album.
>>
>>72463468
I just looked at the track listing and apparently the version I have is wrong because it includes the remixes alongside the rest of the tracks. I stand corrected.
>>
>>72462796

Plastic Beach was a 6/10 to me back in 2010

now I consider it a 10/10 and the best Gorillaz album.
>>
>>72461124
I felt this way about Plastic Beach, hence my worries of being bamboozled again.
>>
>>72463497
It's the deluxe version I think. As far as I know it's two discs, where disc 1 is the b-sides to Demon Days, and disc 2 is all remixes.
>>
>>72462079
Imagine the reverse of some Eminem singing this.
>>
>>72461124
this
>>
>>72463546
The version I have in my library doesn't even have it divided into two discs, like it starts at 68 State and then has the DARE DFA Remix right after it. I'm going to listen to Disc 1 again the proper way now.
>>
Biggest mistake was calling this album Humanz.
>>
>>72462831
You dont have to listen to an album to know it's shit. Just look at the liner notes and you can go by off of that.
>>
>>72462351
Peanut butter
>>
>DUUUUDEE GORILLAZ ALWAYS DID COLLABS MANE, IT'S ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT Xdd EVERY SONG HAS ONE COLLAB AT LEAST
there is no worse opinion
>>
>>72463844
Each album has had progressively more collabs than the last, Humanz being so collab heavy after how Plastic Beach was compared to Demons Days shouldn't be so surprising.
>>
File: 1446856289425.jpg (45KB, 728x728px) Image search: [Google]
1446856289425.jpg
45KB, 728x728px
>>72463871
Yeah but if you're going to bring a literally who to rap over a microphone and then muffle his vocals with autotune, you might as well not bring him.
November has come is a fucking god-tier collab tho
>>
>>72463871
and each album was progressively worse
>>
>>72463905
thicc
>>
Pipe down pipe down pipe down
>>
>>72461071
it's an enjoyable listen but nothing mind blowing
>>
Why does that albarns guys voice sound so fucking gay? Is it supposed to sound cool or unique cause of the little filter her always sings through or the nasaly accented aspect? God I fucking hate him and his voice so much.
>>
demon days >>>> the fall > gorillaz = plastic beach > g-sides = d-sides > humanz
>>
As always Danny Brown is the best part of the album.
>>
File: 93348239874321.jpg (18KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
93348239874321.jpg
18KB, 451x451px
>Album has a very clear anti-Trump message
>26 tracks
>Album is about going up in an elevator

>Trump Tower has 58 floors
>[spoiler]Trump's office is on the 26th floor[/spoiler]
Really activates the ol' almond
>>
>>72463545

Its basically what you worried plastic beach was going to be.

Theres some good tracks on it but nothing amazing.
>>
>>72462133
I don't understand the message of those lyrics. Is there something more specific than "i'm black and i'm proud"? Doesn't seem even as straightforward than TPAB
>>
I only listened to it once and hated most of it, after loving the singles.
>>
>>72461774

I think its let me out where they literally say obamas gone im worried the cops are going to kill me now and the literal devil is in office.
>>
I want more time for the album to settle and give it more listens, but my first impression is that it's quite good. It's a lot different than their other stuff which is probably the issue people will have with it. There really aren't any standout songs like Feel Good, but the entire album has a very space-y tone to it which I love.
>>
File: 1456378186014.jpg (12KB, 223x195px) Image search: [Google]
1456378186014.jpg
12KB, 223x195px
First impression was that I hated it, but after giving it a few more listens I actually quite like it. There's only a couple of songs in it that I actually dislike, like Sex Murder Party.
>>
>>72464337

The Spacey tone some of the songs have is really cool and im into that but i don't think they have enough of it and a lot seems to drop that entirely and just go for modern political and generic we got the power stuff.
>>
File: 1415948568969.png (105KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1415948568969.png
105KB, 320x287px
>>72461071
meh
>>
>>72461774
I think the label made Damon remove most of them
>>
File: 1484408392944.jpg (357KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
1484408392944.jpg
357KB, 1280x854px
I like it. I think it's better than Plastic Beach, but not better than DD, or their first album.
I think the Interludes aren't needed, and I'm a bit disappointing that there is only one song with no feats, which I think it's a shame.

I haven't really looked into the lyrics yet, and I'm only on my 3rd listening.

>Like
Andromeda
Ascension
Strobelite
Saturnz Barz
Momentz
Charger
Let Me Out
Hallelujah Money
Out of Body
We Got The Power

The rest are fine, but they haven't really made an impression on me yet, some of them do sound a bit lackluster though, like the closing track.
>>
>>72461532
Agree
>>
File: 12983129898.jpg (3KB, 144x120px) Image search: [Google]
12983129898.jpg
3KB, 144x120px
>>72461774
Gorillaz has preachy lyrics?
I mean I've been a fan since their first record, but I'm not a native english speaker, so the lyrics don't always register completely.
I mean, I only noticed the Vince Staples song being a bit "topical" with the line about police being everywhere like a nigga killed a white man.

What sort of political message is this supposed to have? I read that it was something about Trump? What about the others? I guess Plastic Beach was a bit enviromentalist, and there's that Fire coming out of the Monkey's head track on Demon Days, but that's about it.
>>
File: 1406664524386.jpg (92KB, 500x529px) Image search: [Google]
1406664524386.jpg
92KB, 500x529px
>listening to Charger
>"I'm gonna take you for a ride"
>mfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsfhADiaP5E
>>
>>72461071
This is some of best produced pop I've heard in a while. The Damon singing through a voice compressor schtick is there which is what everyone seems to want. The guests are fantastic.

For every song that's really shitty, and the are a few, there are songs that shine really bright in their discography.

7-8/10
>>
>strobelite
>saturnz barz
>let me out
>we got the power
>the apprentice (minus the end)
those are the ones I enjoy at the moment
music videos when?
>>
The Interludes are dumb and completely unnecessary.
>>
>>72464540
Nah, i think Damon removed them himself.
>>
I think I just like it cause I grew up with them. The album does sound like a playlist but it's a good playlist so it isn't bugging me. It's kinda nice having new Gorillaz
>>
>>72464675
There's a line on that same track

"america, land of the free, where you can live your dreams [as] long as you don't look like me"

which is to say, in America, white people can do whatever they want, i.e. "live the american dream" (hard work gives you a better life). However, black people have no such opportunity.

the contemporary left holds that, all other things held equal, a person with white skin will always have greater opportunity than a person with black skin. The contemporary right disputes this, and contends that all things held equal, affirmative action programs make things easier for black people.

IMO, the reality is somewhere in between. If you're black, shit can be *REALLY* rough. However, if you're black and born into an upper-middle-class family, all you have to contend with generally is mild ignorance. Until recently with the trump fervor, most middle-class whites will bend over backward to be racially sensitive (though whites are often idiots, so they'll unintentionally do something racist like congratulating teens for being black). It's also possible to be white and totally and completely fucked, however you're less likely to get dirty looks.

t. semi-wealthy black american
>>
>>72462308
>saturn barnz

kek
>>
Pitchfork gave it a 6.9, so I refuse to listen to it
>>
Does anyone have the art book?
>>
Why don't people like sex murder party? It was one of my favorite songs on it.
>>
Still wondering when can I download the album from their site....still in pending state. Sigh.
>>
>>72461071
Quite like a few, never will be Demon Days, hey. I didn't enjoy Plastic Beach as much but it still has a few stand out song.
>>
>>72462409
that girl from the juno soundtrack does some rapping with aesop rock on an album. it's kinda the same thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHYhzg8QWbI
>>
>>72462688
I'd say The Fall is a lot better than Plastic Beach.
>>
>>72461071
I like it because of its tight, cohesive production. Has a lonely/spacey vibe to it.
>>
>>72461124
This. There was nothing interesting in terms of songwriting on the whole thing
>>
>>72464675
Kids with Guns, Don't get lost in Heaven and Demon Days had political leanings. They made sense back in the day, I were actually insightful.
>>
File: 1491113762282.jpg (31KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1491113762282.jpg
31KB, 408x408px
Is it wrong if I like Circle of Friendz, because it's really grown on me
>>
>>72467286
Mate, you can like what you want.
>>
>>72461071
it's shit
>>
>>72466948
>the contemporary left holds that, all other things held equal, a person with white skin will always have greater opportunity than a person with black skin. The contemporary right disputes this, and contends that all things held equal, affirmative action programs make things easier for black people.

I just imagined this as a rap lyric for some reason
>>
Gorillaz confirmed as the masters of "gets better after every listen" holy shit. solid album
>>
>>72461071
I just want to know how you can name a song Sex Murder Party and have it be the lamest song on the entire album.
>>
the bonus tracks are really fucking good, I'm actually glad I bought the deluxe version
>>
>>72461152
t.literal retard
>>
>>72467374
It's the best song in the album
>>
>>72462484
it's still really hokey to me
>>
I like Strobelite
>>
>>72467343
thanks?

also, I'm enjoying this album, but it's not bowling me over. I wish there were a little more guitar and bass instead of ALL SYNTH ALL THE TIME. also real drums instead of a kit. Maybe a more memorable hook here or there.

Still solid though. 3/4.
>>
File: 1268112115514.jpg (584KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1268112115514.jpg
584KB, 1600x1200px
I'm still giving this album a listen but it's definitely no where near what the previous albums were for me. I personally think their first album was their best one, had a bunch of my favorite songs on it including M1 A1 and Tomorrow Comes Today. What I really want to know is if kidrobot is going to release new vinyl figs. I would love to see designs based off the Saturnz Barz music video or something along those lines. Also if they do go through with a Gorillaz animated series what would it be about? I just want to see something similar to Gorilla Bitez desu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtpBm759CUg
>>
I really like it. It feels like a dance party, its their second best imho
>>
left but which one of u ear faggots has the link?
>>
Strobelite should win the award for best Casino level music of all time if that's a thing. Least that opening portion.
>>
>>72462385
Not a genre just kilo Kish, she's the only one who does that style, her features on Vince staples songs are always excellent
>>
File: IMG_0028.jpg (710KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0028.jpg
710KB, 1536x2048px
/mu/ is my CIRCLE OF CIRCLE OF CIRCLE OF A CIRCLE OF FRIIIIIIIENDSSSSS
>>
>>72461690
this so much. I love submission so much but i hate momentz so much
>>
>>72466948
Idiots will have a problem with this assessment, nicely written
>>
>>72468365
spotify.com
>>
>>72468421
Damn, you're right.
>>
>>72467286
It's actually a really strong closer, gives a strong post party shit got fucked vibe

Wouldn't listen to it on it's own tho
>>
I think the album has just a slight imbalance of rappers, but it's patched up by enough Damon/2D parts, so for me at least it's not too unbearable.
I really think that the second half of everything up till We Got The Power really falls apart. Mostly due to filler songs like Sex Murder Party having a very monotonous tone that drags itself out a bit.
She's My Collar is pretty great, if not also a tiny bit monotonous. I'm still yet to analyze the lyrics, but they seem pretty interesting.
Everything after We Got the Power is pretty great. Out of body is probably in my top 3 songs from the album.
Really, my only gripe with the album is that it's pretty inconsistent in the quality. It starts out great, stretches out a bit, then gets a bit better, then a lot better in the bonus tracks. I think they should have maybe taken out a song or two, and then put in others and rearrange the order of the tracks.
But I'm enjoying, still need to listen to it a few more times for it to sink in. It's a grower. Kinda like Blur's last album (that was more forgettable though)
>>
too many nigger guests
>>
File: mu_in_a_nutshell.jpg (60KB, 470x302px) Image search: [Google]
mu_in_a_nutshell.jpg
60KB, 470x302px
>>72461170
>>
A-CHAR-CHARGER
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES_8mgDLofU
>>
>>72461071
Its probably at the bottom of the list of main albums for me, but thats not saying much considering i binge listen to all of them often.
I like it though.
>>
File: 1467719186198.gif (1MB, 388x369px) Image search: [Google]
1467719186198.gif
1MB, 388x369px
>hear the weird censoring on Let Me Out
>look at lyrics to see what was censored
Of course
Otherwise, the interludes were fucking pointless
>>
>>72470315
i actually like the fall better than this
>>
>>72470414
I might too but i seem to like that album more than most people
>>
File: meancat.png (110KB, 300x362px) Image search: [Google]
meancat.png
110KB, 300x362px
I mean, it's not terrible, but it's not really the Gorillaz either. Granted I like Plastic Beach more now than at release but I have a very hard time believing that I'll ever like this one.
>>
>>72464125

>the fall > gorillaz = plastic beach

wtf is this meme
>>
Best song on the album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES_8mgDLofU
>>
Everyone's favourite song being different is just proof that the album will grow in everyone over time.
>>
>>72464125
>the fall > gorillaz = plastic beach
Ooh you got me, here's a (you)
>>
>>72467374
It's a good song though. Carnival on the other hand
>>
>>72467159
Donwload it on Soulseek.
>>
>>72470410
>otherwise, the interludes were fucking pointless
What the hell do you think Hallelujah Money is about? The songs on the album were written after Damon told the artists to, "imagine if Trump won".
>>
File: tumblr_nabrv22mfW1qb7kwmo1_1280.jpg (117KB, 600x592px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nabrv22mfW1qb7kwmo1_1280.jpg
117KB, 600x592px
>>72461071
well first off it may be their plebiest album yet
but its not always a bad thing
for instance, no gorillaz album is good all the way through
theres always duds
i could do without tracks 1-9 but am loving 10-13
(Andromeda, Busted, Carnival) but it dips in quality again right after with tracks 14-22
The Apprentice is quite interesting but i cant really get what i like about it, its just timeless sounding i guess
overall its a 6.9 on a good day
on a regular day its of the hamfisted-tryhard persuasion
>>
>Demon Days = S/T > Plastic Beach > D sides = The Fall >>>>>>> this = G-sides
>>
>>72468300
>I personally think their first album was their best one
I couldn't agree more. For me it's S/T>PB>DS>TF>DD>GS>H
>>
File: 1313610688129.jpg (31KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1313610688129.jpg
31KB, 250x250px
>>72464125
>the fall better then the rest
yeah ok
>>
>>72461481
What "risk" did they take? I didn't know being trendy and pandering to millennials was considered risky in the music business.
>>
This sums it up.
https://youtu.be/0Uh9_Z3AOTM
>>
i fixed it i guess

i switched my robot off
saturnz barz
momentz
charger
out of body
she's my collar
elevator going up
andromeda
busted and blue
interlude: the elephant
hallelujah money
>>
>>72461170
FUCKING THIS. All the people defending this garbage today have made me ashamed of /mu/
>>
The apprentice is gud
>>
>>72472571
who cares you fucking faggot

album is okay, the lyrics are pretty awful/rushed and the album doesn't mesh well. but there are a few good songs
>>
>>72472500
that guy sounds beta and self important as fuck
>>
>>72472968
oh shit YOU made that video. Fuck your own face
>>
File: wtf.gif (2MB, 540x240px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
2MB, 540x240px
>>72472528
>fixed
>no strobelite
>no submission
>>
>>72473028
i dont like r&b singing
>>
>>72473116
I wasted my gif on your original shit opinion but I'd use it again to reply to this one
>>
>>72473158
i'm sorry obama
>>
>>72473116
agreed
>>
>>72461930
>not liking busted and blue
The fuck?
>>
>>72462484
Totally agree. I hated the single desu but context and getting past the first minute helped.
>>
Charger and Saturnz Barz are pretty good imo.

Rest is mediocre, needed more Damon.
>>
File: 1491852396337.jpg (87KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1491852396337.jpg
87KB, 500x499px
Demon Days > Plastic Beach = Self Titled > D Sides > Humanz = The Fall

Some of the best on Humanz:
>Andromeda
>Saturnz Barz
>We Got The Power
>Ticker Tape
>She's My Collar
>Busted and Blue

If Carnival, Strobelite and Let Me Out had large parts of 2D vocals, they would be killer tracks.
No one really talks about Ticker Tape. I like it. It reminds me of some sort of continuation of Mr. Softy's Balloon Race.

Now, this song fucking Out Of Body.
At first I was annoyed.
>Some dumb bimbo singing about a satanic ritual wtf Damon
But it's actually grown on me.

Stobelite really does sound like casino music. It's a good aesthetic sound. Just not enough 2D.
>>
>>72473714
Also, include Submission on that list of songs that needs more 2D. Great groove.
>>
Demon Days = Gorillaz > Plastic Beach > Fall = Humanz
>>
CHAR-CHARGER
>>
I overall enjoyed it, I can understand how this doesn't sound like previous Gorillaz albums, but to me I never personally felt the band had much of a defining sound aside from a few characteristics. Overall I expected Gorillaz to be experimental and for most songs to not sound too close to one another (unless part of the same album).

With that said I would have liked more Damon in a few of the tracks.

Plastic Beach > Demon Days / D Side > Humanz > Self Title / G Side > The Fall
>>
>>72473714
I love Mr. Softys Balloon Race, and I kinda checked out by the end of Humanz, so thanks for having me go back and listen to that Ticker Tape.
>>
>>72474069
I accidentally turned shuffle on and heard it really early, it's p good
>>
>>72473714
Out of Body is not only the best track on the album, but a top ten Gorillaz track. One day, you'll realize this.

I was gonna put a greentext here listing the best parts of the song, but literally every part about it is great. I just wish it was longer.
>>
>>72474259
>Out of Body is not only the best track on the album

it's ok

>I was gonna put a greentext here listing the best parts of the song

I like the shitty bass and mildly interesting spoken word. And misplaced background singing in the last half.
>>
It's alright but that about as much as I can say about it. Will probably forget about it after a few days
>>
I'm not gonna go into my opinion on the album but one thing that ticks me off for whatever reason is that they make the interludes separate tracks
>>
>>72463694

/mu/: the post: the sequel
>>
>>72474594
I'd hate it if they didn't.
>>
The album, like all gorillaz album, had a few great songs, a bunch of good ones, and all the rest is shit.
It probably will grow on me over time, but until then the only songs I like are are
>Ascension
>Strobelite
>Saturnz Barz
>Submission
>Andromeda
>Busted and blue
>Let me out
>The apprentice
>Out of body
I'm not a fan of any of the rest.
As for alubm quality, I'd say it
Plastic Beach>Demon Days(+D-sides)>Humanz>Gorillaz(+G-sides)>The Fall
>>
No, it was a shitty album. I can't say I'm surprised though, considering Gorillaz are the most overrated fucking band on the planet.
>>
I didn't care for the first handful of tracks released but those aside I like it overall.

Not in love with it but maybe it'll grow on my like Plastic Beach did.
>>
>>72473116
what did he mean by this
>>
If you didn't think this album was good for the transition from Andromeda to Busted and Blue alone then get the fuck out of my face.

Ascension, Out of Body and Submission are also great.
>>
>>72462371
This album has 26 songs (if you count the deluxe edition), PB only had 16 or 18 songs I'm pretty sure
>>
The only front to back good tune here is Busted and Blue. A shitton of mediocre songs and some songs with some promise but get fucked partway through like Saturnz Barz, Submission or The Apprentice. Maybe Strobelite and Carnival will grow on me but I don't have much hope for the rest.
>>
Could have used more Danny Brown
>>
Honestly, I went into it expecting to hate it. The singles were good for the most part, but I think as singles they fell kinda flat. But, while listening to the album I was surprised at how much I was enjoying it, maybe it's just the hype influencing my opinion since I've been a Gorillaz fan for years now. Listening to the whole album in one sitting helped me get into the mood of it, I feel like it's definitely more poppy and easily accessible than their other works. Whereas S/T, DD, and PB all featured acoustic-electronic instruments, this album seemed to be completely produced electronically, which is a pretty different step imo. Sure there have been synths in their music before, but never on this scale, it felt a lot more grand, if that makes any sense. I feel like I'm just rambling at this point but TLDR it's different and I liked it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>72461071
I love Momentz.
>>
the Apprentice might be my favorite track and it's only on the bonus disc
>>
>>72475814
The Apprentice is great
>>
Danny Brown's verse in Submission is an 8/10 and 2 points better than the rest of the album
>>
charger is literally banger of the century
>>
>>72467274
I'm pretty sure it's about a drug addict, but if it's political it's at lease subtle, or subtler than Humanz, which is about as subtle as a shotgun
>>
>>72464705
yeah i actually started laughing when i heard that
>>
I don't see a reason for all the hate. It was never gonna be Demon days. Most of the singles were good or at least decent and I liked Charger, Submission, Strobelite, and Momentz a shit ton. I consider this album comparable in quality to Plastic Beach.
>>
>>72475395

>Busted and Blue

That song was a fucking trip. The rest of the album could be complete shit and Busted and Blue would have still made it worth it.
>>
Anyone have a MEGA link or something plox?
>>
>>72461481
They took no risks, this is their least risky album
>>
>>72477208
>Charger, Submission, Strobelite, and Momentz
There all shitty songs, other than Strobelight, which again doesn't feel Gorillazy enough.[spoiler]I will fucking admit I don't know how to describe "Gorlliazy" at all. It's funky and eclectic yet it's poppy and appealing, it's also cartoonish, wacky, and at times mechanical sounding.
>>
i think the apprentice is pretty good. But if I didn't know already I'd never know it was a Gorillaz song
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.