[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: music that has aged horribly >we have a black president

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Lcdthisishappening.jpg (28KB, 316x315px) Image search: [Google]
Lcdthisishappening.jpg
28KB, 316x315px
ITT: music that has aged horribly

>we have a black president and you do not, so shut up, because you don't know shit about where I'm from that you didn't get from your TV

That's not even true anymore.
>>
mac demarco's discography
london calling
pinkerton and blue album
>>
File: Gorillaz_Demon_Days.png (40KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Gorillaz_Demon_Days.png
40KB, 300x300px
>>
>>72453685
yeah man the intellect needed to parse that and consider the time it was released is far beyond the average bear
>>
>>72453685
Yes but it still happened and America still is and always will be better than everyone else.
>>
>>72453814
Doesn't excuse them for references into their music that would inevitably date itself (unless they expected Obama to live for ever, and be president forever, which clearly did not happen, unless it does).

Also it's not even a zeitgeist piece so don't try to play that angle.
>>
>>72453685
LCD Soundsystem is boring
>>
>>72453872
>because it references a few current events (or events that WERE current) it "aged horribly"
tell that shit to any political song whatsoever
>>
>>72453872
wow this might actually be the most short sighted post I've ever seen on this board
>>
>>72453912
There has literally never been a great song, poem, or work of literature that referenced current events. all great political works only talk in axiology that can be applied to all eras. ok bub?
>>
File: 1492528258644.jpg (1001KB, 1958x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1492528258644.jpg
1001KB, 1958x3264px
>>72453685
>a singular line reflects the quality of an album
>it is impossible to think about the context in which an album was released
>nobody listening to this album in the year 2017+ could conceptualized the fact that we once had a black president
>a singular line reflects the entirety of an album's lyrical content
>lyrics in a dance album matter
>implying This Is Happening isn't a 9/10

i know this is bait but fuck you
>>
>>72453946
literally what
I don't even know where to start about how wrong this is
>>
>>72453934
I have quite good eyesight.

>>72453962
Murphy needlessly alienate every single smart, thinking man who listens to lyrics and won't be around when there's no black president in the white house. Brings it down to a 7/10 at most.
>>
>>72453685
LCD SOUNDSYSTEM IS FUCKING SHITTTTTTTT
>>
File: ok kid.jpg (16KB, 200x209px) Image search: [Google]
ok kid.jpg
16KB, 200x209px
>>72454010
>thinking man
>not knowing we once had a black president
>>
>>72454010
what would being smart or thinking have to do with it? Do dumb people not know the president is white? Can one line actually have that much effect on any album's quality? Should I actually have bothered entering a thread that was so clearly bait?
>>
>>72454039
I respectfully disagree sir, I think he is a talented music man but shoots himself in the foot by referencing black presidents who will always be there

>>72454065
memes are not argumnetations
>>
I'm starting to realize that 2010 was a good fucking year
>>
>>72454094
It really was.
This is Happening, MBDTF, Age of Adz, Suburbs, Cosmogramma, The Monitor
It was a fun time.
>>
>>72454076
this president isnt white hes orange big difference, but obama WAS black skinned, very much so i believe. So that is clearly different from orange....so why did he call the president black?
>>
>>72454207
because in 2010 the president was black
and that was a big deal
and anyone with half a brain can see that the president was black when the album was made and that was a big deal
>>
>>72454618
yes but this goes to the very issue of blackness, and race in a general being a social construction project. how many people with the potential of Einstein have died in factories and sweatshops? but then again, how many hitlers? four?
>>
File: 1472485659470.png (537KB, 336x680px) Image search: [Google]
1472485659470.png
537KB, 336x680px
>>72453685
>the music aged horribly because it made one political reference that was relevant during it's time
This is some next level retardation.
>>
that style of dance punk is already very 80s and dated, so what difference does mentioning obama make?

retard
>>
>>72453946
Here's to you, Nicola and Bart, rest forever here in our heart.
The last and final moment was yours.
That agony was your triumph.
>>
>>72454671
I've actually done all the calculations, and i can tell you the answer is 6 with certainty. however, at least 10 cures for cancer were lost
>>
>>72453872
Dead Kennedys were singing about their governor in 1980 and they're considered alltime classics.
>>
>>72454010 no
>>
>>72453721
Kill
>>
>>72454077
>memes are not argumnetations
Actually they are. You just conveniently ignored his point because it was in a "meme" format.

Should I add a "smug .jpg" on my post to further mock you, or do you get it now?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.