[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you find the original version of the "Binky listens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Binky_(U_Stink).png (245KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
Binky_(U_Stink).png
245KB, 638x359px
>you find the original version of the "Binky listens to X" meme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKuAsndvxvs&ab_channel=ArthurRead
>You unironically like the music Binky is listening to
>You look up the Bang on a Can All-Stars
>tfw they actually exist

Why does nobody on here actually talk about them? They seem like exactly the sort of thing people would talk about on /mu/.
>>
thats actually not bad
>>
people just come and go as they please on stage
it's a nice little outfit
>>
Oh yeah, I heard that they played In C by Terry Riley once. Pretty nice. Also, I love Michael Gordon, so I think I would enjoy them.
>>
The sound collage Binky made at the end of the episode was so bad. Bang on a Can is p good though. I should look into them more.
>>
>>72452418
>Why does nobody on here actually talk about them?

isn't it exactly what you're doing right now?
>>
No joke though, this is some "'hip'-orchestra-teacher-tells-the-class-about-this-CRAZY-musical-group"-type shit.

If you've been in orchestra class in middle school or high school where the teacher thought she needed to spruce up the class with some "weird music", you know what I'm talking about. I feel like I would have had very different opinions about this group if I had gotten to it via "educational" means.
>>
>>72452590
Does he actually make a sound collage? Where can I find the full episode?
>>72452836
You sound plebonic
>>
>>72452921
Oh, I'm not saying they're bad, don't get me wrong.
>>
>>72452921
Here's the full episode. Heads up, Arthur's new animation style is trash now though.
https://youtu.be/82ulJL2yRMU
>>
>>72453044
The sound collage is terrible. It's just like a bunch of joke sounds placed into the most rigid, gridded rhythm possible. Though I guess that's the point.
>>
>>72454276
Yeah, everyone else saying they like it is what brothers me more than the fact that it's bad on purpose.
>>
Bang on a Can is great. Michael Gordon is particular is probably my favorite contemporary American composer.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.