[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best Car Seat Headrest album and why is it How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: a3272316465_5.jpg (45KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
a3272316465_5.jpg
45KB, 700x700px
What is the best Car Seat Headrest album and why is it How To Leave Town?
>>
>>72451386
Legit my favorite of his. First, third and final track are GOAT.
>>
>toledo will never sing the lyrics of kimochi warui softly into your ear as he gives you a handjob

why even wake up in the morning
>>
It's actually Nervous Young Man
>>
How to leave town is by far his best, everything except for america and you're in love with me are very creative tracks.
>>
Which is best pre-My Back Is Killing Me album, /mu/?

1, 2, 3, 4?
>>
I dunno, I still think it has some underwhelming tracks mixed in with the really great ones. I know it's the most common opinion but Twin Fantasy is still my favourite. However, Teens of Style is my second favourite and I feel like it never gets nearly as much love as it deserves. It's loaded with hits, but I guess if you prefer the rougher original versions then that's cool too.

Nervous Young Man has some really good material but it's so daunting to judge as a whole. The only song I can really recall is Boxing Day (which is phenomenal).
>>
i'm still upset about teens of denial

it's like car seat headrest except minus all the energy and soul. bland, clean cut shit
>>
>>72452619
>>
I like Twin Fantasy more, but How to leave town sounds a little better.
Does Toledo play any of his older tracks live? And by old I mean, like from the numbered albums, my back is killing or TF. I know ToS is made from mostly older songs remade, but I just can't like the album at all, maybe I need a couple more of listens.
>>
>>72455793
he keeps twin fantasy in light rotation. sober to death and famous prophets are part of their current default setlist, and beach life-n-death, stop smoking, cute thing, and bodys get brought out occasionally
>>
>>72452897
Dude, you need to listen to Nervous Young Man again. By the sound of it, it seems like you only listened to the first song (which is incredibly long admittedly). Just like any double album, there are bound to be some duds, but I think it's one of the most consistent double albums I've ever heard. Especially the last half, Plane Crash Blues, Knives in the Coffee, I Want to Sweat, are so good.

I heard all of his bandcamp stuff before Teens of Style, so I just got used to those sounds. Something Soon in Teens of Style is awesome though, especially the harmonization in the second chorus. Still, I think he fucked up Maude Gone really hard in ToS. Where the fuck did that bass line go?
>>
>>72451386
It's definitely up there. This album is perfect for long drives at night. I guess I'm just in a shitty part of my life, so this album hits that anxious introspection tone quite nicely. Fucking love the finishing track.
>>
>>72453319
>no longer super lo-fi = bland and lacking energy
It's not my favourite but seriously, this bullshit has got to stop
>>
>>72451386
It's not because it's an EP
>>
>>72456984
it's over an hour long
>>
>>72456968
I don't know man. There are some demos of ToD songs posted on Youtube and I think they sound better than the studio versions. I'm not arguing that lo-fi = better, but I think something got lost in translation here.

Demo version of Fill in the Blank:
https://youtu.be/dR_Zp3iZ2hQ
>>
>>72457013
Still listed as an EP
>>
>>72457036
I honestly don't think so, it's different but it doesn't feel better or worse, the songwriting is still the same
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.