[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have a personal "style guide" or set of rules

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: id3-tags.gif (17KB, 579x430px) Image search: [Google]
id3-tags.gif
17KB, 579x430px
Do you have a personal "style guide" or set of rules when it comes to tagging your digital files? If so, what is it?

Here are some of my rules:

>No "stylized" title treatments (e.g. DAMN. is tagged as "Damn")
>No "album artist" designation
>Featured artists are represented with "(feat. XYZ)" in the title of the track
>No "comments"
>No "lyrics"
>Album art no less than 500x500 and ideally 1000x1000
>>
>being such an OCD autist
>>
>>72425793
Another one:

>Remastered albums are tagged with the year of original release but the album title must include (<Year> Remaster/Reissue)
>>
>>72425793
>No "stylized" title treatments
Fucking why
>>
>>72425813
>being disorganized

As if any of the rules I've mentioned are unreasonable.
>>
mine:
>all songs must have their original titles 100% exact
>no album artist designation
>>
agreed on features and image sizes (I try for 1500x1500 max filesize 500kb)

stylization I keep if it's conceivably part of the artist's intentions, comments I use for stuff like recording dates, if it's different from the publishing date (e.g. classical music where the piece is published in like 1777 but the recorded version is from 2001)

lyrics could care less, album artist makes senses in some places (e.g. recorded by Karajan but has pieces from two different artists) so I keep it for all.

this is just how my autism works
>>
>>72425813
>mfw you have no idea
>>
>>72425844
I just think they look less clean and clear. And inevitably some stylized treatments would make it into the tags and others wouldn't (e.g. I wouldn't tag "Nine Inch Nails" with backwards Ns but that is the way the name is printed on many of the albums' covers and liner notes)
>>
>>72425813
Do you know where we are?

Anyway OP I have same rule about stylization. Wikipedia is my arbiter for how artist and album titles should be typed. Otherwise about the same as you except art must be at least 500x500 and I don't like features in song names
>>
>>72425883
That's fair. Honestly I don't keep much classical music in my digital music library, only recordings that I don't have a physical copy of (the reason being that tagging classical music is a fucking nightmare desu).
>>
File: CGqegXTU8AA6M9j.jpg (115KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CGqegXTU8AA6M9j.jpg
115KB, 819x1024px
>>72425954
>tagging classical music is a fucking nightmare
>mfw somebody understands
>>
>>72425793
Another two:

>Song and album titles in original language, even if that language does not use latin characters (e.g. Boris's Smile keeps the Japanese titles of the original album issue)
>>
>>72425978
Yeah you'll notice that classical music fucks with every single one of my rules for pop and jazz.

Also, automatic tagging services often fuck up the tags of certain recordings because the same recording will technically show up on like 17 different records released in 38 different countries
>>
File: tagging.png (198KB, 1430x693px) Image search: [Google]
tagging.png
198KB, 1430x693px
>>72425793
On the topic of tagging why does every subhuman, mouth-breathing retard who uploads double CD albums keep putting the disc number in the album title when information like this should be in the metadata?
>>
>>72426809
Presumably the files were ripped from the CDs
>>
Yeah I dont like feats or other artists, I usually just label albums with the more dominant artist, it gets tricky sometimes like trying to fit what a time to be alive into my library, I just went with future because I have more drake albums and it sounds more future.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.