[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do we think of the bonus material and "emotion side

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Carly_Rae_Jepsen_-_Emotion.png (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Carly_Rae_Jepsen_-_Emotion.png
33KB, 300x300px
what do we think of the bonus material and "emotion side b" material?

bc the original track listing for album was already perfect. every song has an initial pleasure and much replay value,

actually I remember thinking "i really like you" was annoying when i first heard it but its great on the album and if you sit down to listen to it.

after several listens, the only song I sorta don't like was "making the most of the night"

"warm blood" has an astounding replay value!!
>>
>>72418685
Emotion side B is great. In some ways better than the original album. It has less radio-friendly tracks but I don't think anything on it touches Run Away With Me

The extra tracks on Emotion are alright, nothing too crazy, but definitely enjoyable.
>>
>>72418725
its crazy to think that she had been holding onto a whole extra album of bonus material
>>
>>72418756
Allegedly she wrote over 200 songs for Emotion.
>>
The spammers of this album better be females because a guy being this enthusiastic about spreading this shit is sus
>>
>>72418912
what? source? I hward she had another album of (quote unquote) "weird indie" type music
>>
Warm Blood is the worst track by far. I don't know why it's on the album. All the bonus tracks and b-sides are better than it.
>>
>>72418929
>sus
what means by sus?
I'm a 29yo male, totally understand these songs are not explicitly written/produced for me as a demographic but its good content, I love it how she arranges linearly and stacks vocals parts. also CRJ rarely resorts to vocal effects, its not a bunch of autotune shit
>>
>>72418972
suspect
>>
>>72418971
I disagree. it might be the position on the album that is misleading, it is a uniquely different song. if you save this track or the peak of your day, whatever you do, maybe just your second cup of coffee I promise you this song is a rip, try to listen to it in a state of mind where you can fully focus on it,
>>
>>72418990
suspect what exactly? wtf? it is well written well produced music. last time i check CRJ is my age, she poured herself into the project and it relates to me on that level even though i might not be the intended demographic.
>>
Carly's b-sides are better than the majority of most pop musician's best efforts. I think Higher is the only contender on the b-sides album that could make it onto Emotion, though I feel like Emotion is perfect as is. That said though I think everything on the b-sides album is worth listening to, and Cut to the Feeling shows that she has great tracks that we're not even aware of.

I'm really excited for her new album. Carly's music encapsulates almost everything I love about pop music. It's going to be hard to live up to Emotion but I definitely think she can do it.
>>
>>72419049
>I'm really excited for her new album. Carly's music encapsulates almost everything I love about pop music. It's going to be hard to live up to Emotion but I definitely think she can do it.

seconded
>>
>>72419004
I really like Warm Blood too. It's really different from the rest of the album and evokes a feeling that I can only describe as more primal than the rest of the album which is weird considering the context. The pitch shifting especially is cool and makes me think that Carly could get much weirder if she wanted to. I hope she pushes things a bit more with her next album. I'd be fine with more regular pop songs because imo she nails them every time, but I'd also like to see her go outside the box too.
>>
>>72419081
yes I agree, I think this track in particular is great I do not like vocal effects but it really rides the line and does not step over, its simply just few parts that have adown shifted vocal part and after it sinks in , its freaking brilliant what happens in this track. I had this moment where I was road trip driving through mountains in west virginia and it fit perfectly with the dynamic shifts in "warm blood" its such a great track and totally unique for the album
>>
Does anyone else have producers they'd like to see team up with CRJ? I know this would probably never happen in a million years but a CRJ + Clarence Clarity collaboration would make my life complete. CRJ doesn't really innovate on pop format but she does absolutely nail everything about it. CC makes pop that's somewhat challenging but weird and rewarding too. To me they occupy opposite ends of the pop spectrum - CRJ has almost perfected the standard pop song while CC has made it into something guttural but also pretty. Both are pretty maximal in their production and both get a lot across despite their brevity. I definitely recommend CC if you haven't heard him and you're waiting for the next CRJ album.
>>
>>72419144
noted thanks!
>>
>>72419081
>>72419004
>>72418971
warm blood is top 3 for me
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.