[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To all Math Rock guitarists of /mu/, How do you achieve your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 65a.jpg (10KB, 200x279px) Image search: [Google]
65a.jpg
10KB, 200x279px
To all Math Rock guitarists of /mu/,

How do you achieve your preferred sound? I've been trying to find a setup that produces both solid low notes and sparkly, clear highs, but it has so far eluded me. What have y'all found to be suitable?
>>
dont bother, there are no people here with actual instrumental knowledge
>>
Honestly Ive found the simpler the better. When I try too add too many effects it just gets cluttered and muddy. right now I just use a stratocaster, a tube, and a simple cheap boss distortion pedal. Easy cheap simple clean tone. Unless you are in a shoegaze band and need lots of pedals as a major part of your sound, my advice is just keep it simple
>>
>>72419797
lmao what kind of shit tone are you going for, cheap boss distortion pedals sound like ass for what this dude is talking about. invest in your gear maybe
>>
>>72419847
Really? Idk what your thinking but I can get a pretty close Jesus Lizard tone with my set up (i know they arent a math rock band but its a tone that could be used in that genre).
>>
I'd personally recommend a hella clean tube amp (think fender bassman. bandmaster) or even an ampeg svt (yes to use for guitar fite me), as transparent an overdrive as you can get (was turned on to a kingdom combo v2 by my buddy, never looked back) and/or a really good compressor (tone press has been made hella known because of Minus the Bear, i personally use a walrus deep six), and the guitar is kinda up to you, but again fender is kinda the go-to for this stuff (think a tele/jazz master set up)
>>
>>72419887
muh dude, he said solid low notes and sparkly, clear highs. just gave Jesus Lizard a listen, not sure they fit what sound OP is looking for
>>
>>72419931
fair enough, idk when I think of math rock I think of more of a sharp, angular soundguess I just didnt read OP well enough
>>
>>72419952
its all good, i was quick to flame so my b
math rock has got a wide enough spectrum (which i like most of), so i can understand leaning in that direction for some of the more aggressive/proggy bands
>>
>>72418632
Earthquaker's Arrow is a nice preamp pedal that really brightens up the tone if that's what you want.

If you're having issues with clarity of tapped notes maybe look at like a compressor pedal?

Guyatone i think do a dope littlebass roundup thingy, but really any ass enhancer pedal ought to do the trick i guess? Maybe sock in an eq at the beginning of your board?
t. not an expert in anything at all
>>
>>72418632
Use single coil pickups. My Jaguar works great for that exact sound, as do Telecasters and other similar guitars. Humbuckers have more output but are the complete opposite of the sound you're looking for.

You barely want any distortion or effects. Maybe some reverb, and delay can be used in interesting ways, but you want to be mostly clean and clear.
>>
>>72420264
or you could wire humbuckers in parallel so you get a more single coil sound without the noise
>>
>>72418632
>post-90s math rock
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.