[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people actually like this music or is it a cult of personality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: garcia.jpg (9KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
garcia.jpg
9KB, 250x201px
Do people actually like this music or is it a cult of personality around Jerry Garcia? I try but I cant get into it.
>>
It helps extremely if you saw them live, use drugs, or saw them live on drugs.
>>
File: 1400941401933.gif (443KB, 506x516px) Image search: [Google]
1400941401933.gif
443KB, 506x516px
>>72417684
pretty tru
>>
>>72417684
So its like a lifestyle?
>>
>>72417803
it was totally a lifestyle.
>>
Yes, it's very possible to find their whole fanbase and image annoying while still loving the Dead. I was never into them until a friend showed me Workingman's Dead. They actually nada pretty good range of styles so if there's any songs you like, try to find more in that vein; like songs from the same time period by the same writers. I'm personally a huge fan of the Bob Weir Western cowboy stuff, not so much into their more hippie stuff.

And Bob Weir is cooler than Jerry.
>>
>>72417664
wanker with no artistic merit
>>
>>72418341
have you actually listened to anything hes made
>>
>>72417664
Usually I don't like jam bands, or any variety of rock music that involves long, indulgent songs loaded with solos.

But there's something about the Grateful Dead that just makes everything alright. I can't put my finger on it, but their shit is groovy.
>>
>>72418356
probably the worst professional guitar player ever
>>
It helps if you smoke a lot of pot and just pretend like you're living in that era. I find a lot of the Dead to be pretty fun music to just chill with some buddies and get stoned to. It's very much a lifestyle that accompanies the music
>>
File: American Beauty.jpg (23KB, 431x432px) Image search: [Google]
American Beauty.jpg
23KB, 431x432px
>>72417664
American Beauty is a great album. The Dead are not by any means for everyone, but if you dig that kind of chill hippie-folk vibe, then it's easy picking.

>>72418332
>And Bob Weir is cooler than Jerry.

this is absolutely true
>>
>>72418377
they were DUDE the band
>>
>>72418371
It's not immensely tryhard
>>
"drums" and "space" were really, really cool live. especially on acid, which I was on for probably 10 of the 13 dead shows I saw.
>>
>>72418371
i agree with this
>>
>>72418397
Grateful DUDE
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.