[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a single person on this earth that truly and unironically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1510.jpg (15KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1510.jpg
15KB, 284x177px
Is there a single person on this earth that truly and unironically hates the Beatles?
>>
>>72416502
scaruffi
>>
>>72416502
No, but there are a lot of people who pretend that they do.
>>
THE
>>
FACT
>>
THAT
>>
>>72416511
he doesn't hate them, he just thinks they're overrated
>>
>>72416502
i don't hate them at all but i don't think i've actively wanted to listen to them for several years
>>
>>72416502
Most of /mu/ will claim to hate them because they are contrarian 17 year olds who only listen to hip hop
>>
>>72416626
MOTHER FUCKING TRUUUUUTH
>>
>>72416502
I was literally about to post about this.

I was reading Scaruffi's discussion about them. He has some good points, but when he criticized the actual landmark albums such as Sgt. Peppers, Revolver and Abbey Road, his only argument seemed "it's not avant garde enough." It's like he's afraid to like them.

There was a shitload of cultural hype that still circlejerks them today, but I mean they were SOLID ASS pop artists at their best.

People who care too much about their "patrician taste" just must suck the soul out of their own musical enjoyment. Don't pay attention to the views, just listen.

I've also noticed a similarity between avant-garde fans and modern contemporary art fans. They'll literally defend the ridiculous faux-aesthetic of a toilet in the name of art. Its just cultural bullshit. Kind of the same BS they complain about pop culture.

Art is supposed to be beautiful, not ugly
>>
>>72416502
I like The Beatles but there are plenty of legitimate reasons to not like them.
>>
>>72416664
list the reasons then, I'm waiting.
>>
>>72416502
most normies think it's shit
>>
>>72416662
fuck off, art is supposed to be artistic, neither beautiful nor ugly
if i fart into a mic artistically then it's more art than beatles were with their pop shit
>>
>>72416726
haha, cool then i guess i dont like art. I just like music that is psuedo-complex, but aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>72416775
Beatles had nice artsy stuff
and don't worry anon, there's nothing wrong with not liking art
maybe top 40 shit is more to your taste)
>>
>>72416502
I really, really dislike the Beatles and will change the station or turn it off when all but 3 or so of their songs comes on.
>>
>>72416829
damn. youve got me in one hell of a corner.
>>
File: 1404634799634.png (71KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1404634799634.png
71KB, 220x220px
>>72416664
still waiting on those oh so legitimate reasons not to like one of the most innovative and influential bands of all time....
>>
The in-SPECTOR
>>
I suppose someone actually does, but not anyone here. People here just wanna distance themselves from their their teenage dadrock-loving years.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.