[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have any irl friends who share your music interests? If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 21

File: 1493138538538.png (810KB, 1033x703px) Image search: [Google]
1493138538538.png
810KB, 1033x703px
Do you have any irl friends who share your music interests? If so, do you plan activities around your interests?
>>
>>72413931
Nope... I just have you guys...
>>
>irl
>>
>>72413931
>Do you have any irl friends
KEK

Also, Star is massive fucking cuck.
>>
Friends?
>>
having friends is not that hard if you are genuine person and don't use people to feel better about yourself. I just went record shopping with a buddy of mine for RSD and picked up some great shit. It's fun to talk about music and rec each other stuff but more importantly we talk about life stuff.
>>
>>72414039
This is already too much for most of us on this board.
>>
>>72413931
this show is cute
>>
wrong website for friends
>>
not a single fucking one

I'm in my late 20's and have friends, but my pretentious taste in music is a source of jokes at my expense whenever it comes up.

I mentioned something like, "hey, Yoko Ono is actually kinda respected in the noise rock community" once, and that gets quoted sometimes.

I mean, she is. She's always collaborating with people like Sonic Youth and Keiji Haino. I'm not saying she's amazing just that there are a decent number of people on this planet who dig her work.
>>
>>72414332
To be fair, if I were your friend, I would make jokes out of statements like that too, even though I agree with you and understand what you're saying.
>>
File: 1432742544050.jpg (157KB, 537x810px) Image search: [Google]
1432742544050.jpg
157KB, 537x810px
>>72413931
A couple of my friends browse /mu/
>>
Where can I find friends who like Star Vs?
>>
>>72414332
Yeah, I'm always the butt if hipster jokes with my friends. Shit sucks.

I met a qt not too long ago who had the exact same taste as me. Didn't work out. Sucks.
>>
>>72414332
Did you push up your glasses and straighten your pocket protector when you said this, you fricken dweeb
>>
i'm into a wide variety of genres, so usually i can scrounge up a friendor two to go see a show with. i have deadhead friends, punk friends, hip hop friends, and so on.

nobody as extensively into music as i am that i know of, tho. i have a couple friends who browse /mu/, but only really know the meme albums and do it to look cool
>>
>>72414710
what did you do wrong brother, tear down your walls for us
>>
>>72414332
Still a hack tho.
>>
>>72413931
I got one friend whos really into La Dispute and /mu/core and doesn't even know what /mu/ is
>>
>>72414738
I'm into a wide variety of genres too, so there's the potential of making a wide variety of friends. But it doesn't matter right now because my core personality sucks.
>>
>>72413931
STAR IS A KEK

Also I don't really have friends anymore, I dunno. There's people I can sit with at the lounge at my college but we're more acquintances than actual friends
>>
my gf do but no we don't base what we do around our music unless we're out for a concert. there's almost no good bands playing in our area though.. and most of the time I'd rather spend my money on something else.
it's expensive to go to shows and i dont like the enviroment anyway
>>
>>72413931
I normally don't plan activities around it, but I do talk with some friends about music. I just got a friend into Interpol the other day, and now I'm trying to get him to listen to Tom Waits.
>>
>>72413931

no
>>
>>72414899
Well darn... It's never too late to try to make friends though!
>>
>>72413931
I WANT TO FUCK STAR

>>72413985
DELET
>>
>>72415048
>star
>not the thicc drugged-out cutie on the left
>>
>>72413931
Massive amount of overlap with a few friends. Most of my friends have fairly diverse tastes in music, but really only one I can think of that is very nearly a 1/1 overlap.
>>
>friends

ha ha
>>
>>72414749
I didn't do anything wrong. Was just bad timing for us to meet.
>>
>>72413931
kill left fuck centre marry right
>>
my best friend will like pretty much anything and everything I show him. on his own he usually sticks to top 40 pop songs. but if I show him a new artist or an experimental artist he can easily pick them up.

But I can't talk too in depth about those artist with him, he'll listen to them but he doesn't always get into them as much as I do.

hes also down for w/e concert I want to go to, so he makes a great music buddy.
>>
>>72413931

I have an IRL friend who is one of the tripfags on /mu/. Its funny; we have really overlapping tastes but our charts share very few if any albums. But we appreciate the same sounds and feelings and stuff and seldom/never disagree about music.

Other than that basically no-one. I find it weird how my GF and I have very different tastes (she is a classical music aficionado) more than anything else, especially since music is so important to both of us.
>>
>>72415159
tell Montie I hate him
>>
>>72413931
Most of my friends are into the same genre as I, but whereas I look for a lot of underground bands/artists they're happily content with entry-level bands.
It's not that bad, I just wish I could have deeper discussions about music with them.
>>
>>72413931
My current closest friend is also into metal, but stuff like Iron Maiden and entry-level death metal. He doesn't understand black metal and if I put on doom he says stuff like "This could be cool to nap to" It's not a big deal at all though.

My best friend who I had tons in common with, especially music and art, decided to eat a bullet so... there's that
>>
File: c5f.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
c5f.gif
1MB, 250x250px
As if.

My musical preferences are simply too refined to be contained by somebody other than myself. It takes a much higher functioning being to get as far as I have.
>>
>>72415336
>>
all my friends are music fags but we all have conflicting taste so we spend most of our time insulting eachother
>>
Not really, but when I moved to this new town for high school I told a couple band kids that I'm into Swans and one of them said she used to see Gira perform all the time in Baltimore, Maryland.

Apparently he's there a lot or something?
>>
>>72415466
same here famalam
>>
>>72413931
I've manage to turn girls on to /mu/core, that seems to be a theme. Over then that my friends more put up with my music taste
>>
>>72415475
Did you fuck her?

>>72415515
How????
>>
>>72414332
While that's indeed pretentious as fuck I'm kind of second-handedly irritated that something like that gets quoted against you. It's not like you were wrong or anything.
>>
I have two friends who I hangout with who have really similar tastes in music as me. We talk about anything from Free Jazz to Black Metal, and we have solid opinions about the music we listen to. In a few weeks we're planning on smoking a ton of weed and marathoning Electric Wizard albums. I love my friends.
>>
My girl has some decent tastes and so I'm usually always trying to show here new stuff and we listen to records together a lot.

One of my other close friends is a huge punk fan so we definitely share that.
>>
>>72413931
yup. got the whole squad
we share music with eachother in a music zone group chat constantly
>>
Shit. You guys made me realise I need to really step my game up.
>>
My girlfriend and I like some of the same music. We went to Boston Calling and I went to a Grimes show with her. She even likes some of Death Grips, but didn't see them perform with me.
>>
>>72413931
no, we take separate cars to go see concerts of bands we hate
>>
>>72414777
>>72414899
>>72415088
>>72415199
>>72415466
>>72415722
Delicious

>>72415554
>>72416665
Oh so close
>>
listen to music and smoke weed, play music
>>
>having irl friends
>>
i like babyfather, daniel johnston, fishmans and young thug
also i sometimes listen to lil peep

anyone wanna be friends
>>
>>72413931

no not really
>>
>>72417130
It's not the same over the web man
>>
who lives in so cal that wants to be friends
>>
>>72417450
i agree
>>
>>72413985
is star the gril
>>
I have a friend who enjoys Pink Floyd and Radiohead almost as much as I do, and I have another friend who enjoys Velvet Underground, but that's about where it stops.

Also, Janna is best girl.
>>
All my friends now sing along to King of Carrot Flowers Part 2-3 and In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, but besides a friend who's deep into metal stuff and a friend i got to listen to candy claws and some other shit, not really. But I like a lot of fairly well known rap music, so i still got shit to play when with other.
>>
>Having friends
Hahahahahahahahaha
>>
I'm lucky to have a bunch of friends with varying music tastes. I've got a friend who's really into independent electronic, a couple into underground rap/soundcloud shit, a couple into anarcho and folk punk, early prog rock, and Emo. We'll plan around it sometimes. It varies from Drinking two forties before the end of "Fuck your Emotional Bullshit" to calling Viper

For the record all of these people also know each other

Oh and come to think of it i've even got a friend who's actually straight edge, like '81 D.C Straight Edge. It's fuckin' hilarious. He's got a Minor Threat sheep tattooed on his wrist
>>
>>72413931
one guy and one girl, hes a grimes fan and shes a xxxtentacion fan

fuck
>>
File: 1401121312075.jpg (116KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
1401121312075.jpg
116KB, 668x712px
>>72413931

>>
>the most normie board
>average user still has no friends
we suck
>>
I have my two bandmates and my girlfriend. Me and my bandmates bond over some normie shit like RHCP and Anthrax. My girlfriend is great, I've gotten her into a lot of /mu/core and she's shown me a lot of great obscure bands too.
>>
2 of my friends are metalheads but they listen to and appreciate other genres. They take me along to metal gigs and shit.

Other times, I have to deal with faggots who like to listen to edm and 21 pilots so I got them into kanye. Atleast I don't feel like plugging my ears now.
>>
>>72419918
>the most normie board
nah even /lit/ are more normie than us.
>>
my roommate has grown to love a lot of the gay music i listen to

also i shared a bottle of wine with a girl recently and listened to xiu xiu on vinyl
>>
>>72415532
>How???
By finding girls with good taste in music, man. They exist, you just gotta have a good eye for those kind of people.
>>
>>72413931
I have a friend who enjoys a lot of /mu/core stuff I show him. Last thing I got him into was Spiderland. Feels good, man.
>>
I'm in a band with my only friend. At first we got to know each other because of our shared love of doom metal. Our tastes have kind of drifted a little bit, but we still have similar ideas of what sounds cool, and recommend each other music we find.

Whenever we get together to jam, we usually spend the night getting drunk listening to disco, 80s pop, country, and a bunch of other random shit.
>>
Couple of friends and I went to see xiu xiu, It was a good time
>>
>be me 8 years old
>first and best friend lives next to me
>have to move away (it's only an hour away tho)
>feelsbadman
>years later
>the internet starts to become a thing and I get into music, psytrance, goa, hip hop, a lot of things
>everyone here only listens to cringey normie techno, I lose interest in music completely
>I still chat with best friend tho and we sometimes meet, he is into hip hop and he shows me new hot stuff
>I get into hip hop again, I think especially after he showed me some k.dot stuff
>everyone of his friends and his school are into hip hop
>why did I move away feelsbadman
>18, get driver license
>start working, get car from work (lease)
>he has a car too
>we meet more often
>I get to know some of his friends
>we chill out a lot and just listen to hip hop
>get into stuff like mf doom
>he is not into it
>meh
>some of his friends that are my friends are into it tho
>feelsgoodman
>>
>>72420799
>>72420866
>>72420877
>>72420966
>>72421044
Even moar
>>
>>72413931
I have a friend who we talk about music a lot I just recently had him start browsing /mu/
>>
>>72414472
is that the vocalist of iceage?
>>
>>72413956
Well, at least we have each other, anon. I'm in the same boat.
>>
>>72414039
Bullshit. It's easy when you don't have such little confidence that you sweat buckets even trying to talk to a teacher, so you just don't talk to anybody. Why do you think 4chan and 2chan exist? A lot of us are either very depressed or have terrible anxiety.
>>
>>72417657
feelsbadman
>>
>>72413931
none
>>
>>72422744
man i miss the friends i had when i was a kid
we go to random places and there's something new everyday
>>
I wish I had Star in my life.
>>
>>72414472
Steech?
>>
File: 1487018866060.png (246KB, 455x339px) Image search: [Google]
1487018866060.png
246KB, 455x339px
A couple of my friends browse /mu/ and we share music and go to concerts and stuff

A couple of friends in another friend group really like "indie" music you commonly hear on the radio like Young the Giant, Grouplove, Twenty One Pilots, etc.
>>
my friend likes 80s mainstream music (like modern talking) and space rock, that influenced me to become more interested in 80s music in general, but mostly dancey stuff. post-punk, minimal wave, italo disco, the list goes on
>>
>>72413931
Yeah, actually. I recently saw Sleep with one of my m8s from college. Fantastic show.
>>
>>72413931
kek, i have maybe 2 or 3 people i would genuinely consider friends to the point that i'm totally comfortable around them and not applying some kind of conscious filter to everything i say/ do

then maybe 10 more who i hang out with semi-regularly but don't feel that close to

none of them really like music. mostly just listen to top 40, the most surface level indie, or pop punk/ nu metal. just kind of have to deal with that
>>
>>72424051
oh there is one guy i used to work with who i bump into at shows every few months tho, but he's like 20 years older than me

it's really infuriating how people who don't actually really know or care at all about music still talk about it with this air of authority. does this happen with other media? if someone was in a generic group of adults and started hailing harry potter or twilight as great literary achievements or saying avatar was the greatest film ever made eyebrows would be raised. yet it's totally acceptable to most people to say daft punk or queen are the greatest bands ever

eugh
>>
>>72414378
this, that's actually pretty funny
>>
>>72415138
fuck marry kill
>>
File: 136949o5.jpg (82KB, 572x573px) Image search: [Google]
136949o5.jpg
82KB, 572x573px
Where do you make friends that have good taste in music?
>>
>>72424179
1.Do a bunch of drugs
2.End up in rehab
>>
>>72424179
College, usually in a non-normie dominated major
>>
>>72424196
What are some examples of a major dominated by normies?
>>
>>72424240
Business for the most part
>>
Most of my friends are into hip hop and i get them into some underground stuff, they get me into some underground stuff. It's nice
My one friend comes here sometimes but isn't a regular. But he's aware of mu core and enjoys nearly all of it.
Brother used to come here regularly, now just every once in a while. Hes really into rock but will listen to pretty much any genre.
Have another friend who never left his edgy teen phase of music and listens to Panic! and TOP as his favorite bands

I've got kinda a mixed bag of music taste in my friend group

>>72424101
I feel this
Ex gf claimed to be "super into music" but literally the whole time we were together she always wanted to play just 2 albums: Coloring Book and Blonde
And while i like thise albums i question how she can claim so much love for music when she limited what she listened to. It was either these or random Drake, J Cole, or The Front Bottoms songs

She didn't know Frank had any other music outside of Blonde and Channel Orange and had no clue he was ever affiliated with Odd Future

She complained that she couldn't listen to Acid Rap by Chance because it wasn't on Apple Music
When i told her it's a free mixtape that you can download or listen to on soundcloud she said "why does Chance have to be so extra"
Like what? That's the opposite of extra. It's free to literally anyone

Idk i feel it. Like why claim all kinds of love for music if it's more of background noise for you

She also had no idea that The Devil And God by Brand New had religious themes and claims they're one of her favorite bands and even has a t shirt of the album cover so maybe she's just retarded idk
>>
>>72424326
>maybe she's just retarded

Well she used phrases like "he's so extra" so this seems likely
>>
>>72424401
She was a normie who wanted to be a special snowflake
I was blinded by my dick so

Yeah she is looking back
>>
>>72413931

no

but as i always say when these foreveralone threads pop up, if anyone in the bristol area wants to get DUDE'd to some bleeps with me i'm down for that
>>
>>72424444
nice quads

I got my best friend into some /mu/core artists I enjoyed a few years ago and then our tastes developed together. In terms of "music-related activities," we mainly go record shopping.
>>
>>72413931
>Do you have any friends

KEK

You must be new here.
>>
>>72425959
Well the majority of the people who posted here do have friends. You're the outlier.
>>
>>72424154
fuck jackie kill star marry marco
>>
>>72413931
Friends...yeah...
>>
>>72426124
Gonna need the sauce buddy
>>
>>72426155
I got you breh:
https://e-hentai.org/g/1046331/0b9e730dfe/
>>
File: QL1N5_s-200x150.gif (187KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
QL1N5_s-200x150.gif
187KB, 200x150px
>>72413931
When I was studying music I did, but that was mostly thrash metal and punk we had in common, studying a full time music course was like being trapped in a room with the entirety of /mu in it though, no matter what someone would shit all over your tastes even if you said nothing to them, I have a nirvana tattoo so that was a good thing for people to shit on, whatever, they were all faggets who downtuned their guitars to hide their sloppy playing anyway.
>>
File: 4a8.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
4a8.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>72426256
>I have a nirvana tattoo
>>
File: Didjits41.jpg (75KB, 461x207px) Image search: [Google]
Didjits41.jpg
75KB, 461x207px
>>72415466
Checked and correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0aJs1Q-u_c
>>
File: 1491418361440.jpg (34KB, 335x525px) Image search: [Google]
1491418361440.jpg
34KB, 335x525px
>>72426304
Yep, congratulations, you can read faggot.
>>
>>72413931
Yes we all have our own areas of interest musically, but share a lot of overlap. I don't get how anyone could have friends who don't share common interests with each other. Music included.
>>
>>72419918
>/mu/
>normie
/r9k/, /b/ and /pol/ are the most normie boards, /mu/ and /fit/ are ascended robots boards
>>
>>72426411
Yeah, I wouldn't be friends with some chad who talked about sports all day or how many girls they fucked last night, I'd gladly hang out with other faggots that I actually can talk to about stuff like vidya or music.
>>
>>72426641
where the fuck do you meet not-normies
do they ever leave the house?
>>
>>72426968
My best friend was a guy with long hair that was wearing a Metallica hoodie, I saw that no one was sitting next to him in my first class, guessed he was a faggot like me, struck up a conversation about vidya, he bites, then we were best friends throughout college.
>>
File: devilish.jpg (191KB, 470x595px) Image search: [Google]
devilish.jpg
191KB, 470x595px
>someone hears Swans music as I'm parking my car
>tries to start a conversation with me by bringing it up
>I dismiss him and have only seen him one time since then
>>
>>72427326
Why didn't you talk to me?
>>
File: 60.png (311KB, 1250x1274px) Image search: [Google]
60.png
311KB, 1250x1274px
>not posting factual best girl
also only like 2 of my close friends actually listen to albums so we can talk about those whenever something drops
>>
>>72427388
I don't exist
>>
>>72427455
Then what did I see?
>>
>>72424444
Bristol, England? I got family who lives there. In fact, one of my uncles tried running for mayor or something
>>
>>72413931
My roommate has very similar taste to mine and we can disagree without problems. It was great when I first met him realizing I don't have to come to this shit board to talk about music in depth.

He's the only one I know who has the balls to shit on DAMN. The rest have pretty normie taste.
>>
>>72427470
everything around you
>>
File: tcaa.png (53KB, 385x343px) Image search: [Google]
tcaa.png
53KB, 385x343px
>>72414039
>Having "life stuff" to talk about

You must think you're some kind of badass, huh?
>>
>>72413931
I'm lucky enough to have a buddy who browses /mu/.
He almost exclusively talks about /mu/core music, but it's better than nothing since most of it IS unarguably good regardless of meme status.
>>
>>72427580
That's.. really deep, I love you.
>>
All of my closest friendships have been through music desu, either talking about it, chilling/smoking while listening to it, or collaborating on projects.

I'm really socially awkward and anxious and music helps overcome that barrier. It's a beautiful thing man.
>>
File: 1492394928448.jpg (8KB, 213x255px) Image search: [Google]
1492394928448.jpg
8KB, 213x255px
>>72427631
>>
>>72414777
God walks among us.
>>
>>72415254
TMI.
>>
>>72415565
Free jazz. Lol.
>>
>>72413931
How can a dooddle be so enticing? You know who I'm talking about
>>72413956
This. I've had friends and been friendless, but I never get to talk about music with anyone outside of the board
>>
>>72429366
Lol why are you bumping my thread?
>>
There's one guy I don't chill with alone as often anymore, we used to sit on his couch and just listen to music

>>72414787
I haven't made any new friends since high school
>>
idk if he consider me as one of his friends we both like metal music, pretty much every genre of it. so we've went to several shows together and we're planning going to a music festival this summer in Canada.
>>
>>72413931
no
>>
>>72429841
You shouldn't have posted in this thread then.
>>
>>72413931
the only friend I have that I talk about music with is a rap only fag so it kinda limits what we talk about
>>
I do have a friendo that has similar tastes with me, he showed me Radiohead when i started listening to music, we usually go around checking music stores to play a guitar or check records
>>
>>72414157
Star is a fucking cute.
>>
my friends make fun of me for being "too into music"... and anime and cartoons too lol
>>
Yeah. I have friends who I play in bands and go to shows with, our friend group is pretty much built around the bands we play in. A few years ago we use to run a DIY venue together, where we met most of the people we hang out with today. Music dominates my social life.
>>
>>72428162
I know, I'd suck Marco's dick too
>>
Alright how many of you actually lied about having friends?
>>
File: P marco.png (104KB, 232x318px) Image search: [Google]
P marco.png
104KB, 232x318px
>>72431407
I was thinking more about dominating him
>>
File: 1488422088082.jpg (24KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1488422088082.jpg
24KB, 480x320px
>>72431414
>lying on an anonymous message board
>>
>>72424154
> kill marco
> fug the bug
> marry the bug
> drink jackie's tears
>>
>>72424240
Computer sciences/ pretty much anything in STEM
>>
File: 1489108284530.jpg (299KB, 465x2726px) Image search: [Google]
1489108284530.jpg
299KB, 465x2726px
>>72417691
Yes.
>>
>>72432169
Didn't know Marco swings both ways.
>>
File: my face my soul.jpg (8KB, 243x208px) Image search: [Google]
my face my soul.jpg
8KB, 243x208px
>>72413931
my best friend and i's biggest interest is music, so we usually have plenty to talk about. we don't have the exact same taste in music, but we do like a lot of the same musicians such as talking heads (he gave me a david byrne autograph for my birthday), and we swap album recommendations from time to time. for activities, we sometimes go to music stores to look for CDs, and we go to concerts whenever there's a band we both like playing near us. we just went to see radiohead two weeks ago actually. i don't think he goes on /mu/ but he told me he's been coming on this site more often lately
i'm lucky to have such a cool guy as a best friend...and pretty much my only friend
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.