[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how can the first tracks of this be absolute god tier and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 96a[1].jpg (163KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
96a[1].jpg
163KB, 945x945px
>>
It's actually mostly solid though some of it is forgettable. Something about the feel to their music... they just did something right idk
>>
>>72396456
>Something about the feel to their music... they just did something right idk
catchy, simple, yet interesting songwriting. great vocals, monstrous guitar tones, and some of the best hard rock production of the era.
>>
>>72396423
The entire album is an easy 8/10. Give it a few more listens
>>
>>72396486
the vocal harmonies on this album HOOOOOOOOOO man
>>
>>72396423
How can you have such a wrong opinion?
>>
>>72396688
almost as sweet as those digits
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Boston [Epic, 1976]

When I heard that someone had achieved an American synthesis of Yes and Led Zeppelin, all I could do was hold my ears and say "Gosh!" C

Don't Look Back [Epic, 1978]

Debut pomposities having been excised, what remains is a pure exploration of corporate rock. Brad Delp's tenor being too thin for nasty cock-rock distractions leaves us free to contemplate unsullied form. The fact that I occasionally find myself enjoying it must mean there's still some corruption at work. True formalists, from Mallarme to bluegrass, leave me cold. B-

Third Stage [MCA, 1986]

A decade later, whatever compelled Tom Scholz to produce this album certainly wasn't multiplatinum ambition. He's more like the Pope of latter-day arena rock, weaving elaborate textures and crafting magnificent cathedral vocals as the purveyor of an art-metal thought long extinct. Not as bad as you'd think, nor worth giving a second listen to. C+

Everything Rocks and Nothing Ever Dies [1990s]
>>
>>72397282
christgau is a fucking bluepilled faggot
>>
There's a lot of tracks better than more than a feeling on this
>>
>>72397282
i hate christau so fucking much. rating boston higher than suicide is a sin
>>
File: Van_Halen_album.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Van_Halen_album.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>72396423
>Boston [Epic, 1976]

..and yet 2 years later it would be washed all away
>>
Peace of Mind is the greatest dad-rock track ever recorded

>Peace of Mind
>Foreplay/Long Time
>More Than A Feeling
>Let Me Take You Home Tonight
>Smokin'
>Rock & Roll Band
>Hitch A Ride
>Something About You
>>
>that acoustic guitar + vocal harmony in Foreplay/Long Time

hnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggg
>>
Damnit now I gotta go listen to it again. Every song is so fucking good.
>>
>>72397410
Van Halen [Warner Bros., 1978]

For some reason Warners wants us to know that this is the biggest bar band in the San Fernando Valley. This doesn't mean much--all new bands are bar bands, unless they're Boston. The term becomes honorific when the music belongs in a bar. This music belongs on an aircraft carrier. C
>>
>>72396423
I actually quite like this album. That said, I think we can all agree 'Foreplay/Long Time' is on another level than everything else on it.
>>
>>72398789
>The term becomes honorific when the music belongs in a bar. This music belongs on an aircraft carrier.
He's not wrong
>>
>>72398789
Van Halen II [Warner Bros., 1979]

Let it never be said that popular styles don't evolve--in the wake of Kiss and Boston, this is heavy metal that's pure, fast, and clean with a minimum of myopthia and bombast, and even the guitar features are defined just as that. So how come formalists don't love the shit out of these guys? Not because they're into dominating women, that's for sure. B-
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.