[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All of you fuckers who kept telling me this was better than Loveless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: souvlaki.jpg (70KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
souvlaki.jpg
70KB, 600x600px
All of you fuckers who kept telling me this was better than Loveless should be shot.
I just heard this for the first time and almost fell asleep.
>>
It is better than Loveless [1]
>>
>>72394458
It's good but nowhere near as good as loveless and people who say that it is legitemately just dont understand loveless.
>>
>>72394479
>guitar noises and moans
>understandable
>>
>>72394458
>I just heard this for the first time and almost fell asleep
thats why its called dream pop :)
>>
>>72394808
thanks for proving my point faggot
>>
>>72394458
thats like comparing hardcore punk and noise rock
shoegaze and dreampop are similar yeah but are they really that similar? no
>>
>>72394458
>LUL XDDDD ITS 2DEEP4U KIDDO
>>
File: 1492305384630.gif (2MB, 375x283px) Image search: [Google]
1492305384630.gif
2MB, 375x283px
I've heard Loveless a ton of times over several years and every time I revisit it, I can't for the life of me understand why everyone hails it as this fucking untouchable godtier masterpiece. I want to like it. I want to like it as much as everyone else but to me it just sounds like an average 7.5/10 shoegaze album.
>>
>>72394845
that didn't prove any point
>>
>>72394458
How do you feel now that you're finishing up 10th grade, little Johnny?
>>
>>72394935
try playing it on guitar
>>
>>72394948
Don't fucking patronize me.

You people are beyond a shadow of a doubt not my friends. The only reason I'm talking to you, the only reason I'd EVER talk to you, is to tell you how much of an insufferable SHIT you are.

That is LITERALLY the full extent of my interest in your existence. You couldn't pay me to give a shit about you beyond berating you at every conceivable instance.

I say all of this in order to make one, simple thing crystal fucking clear: Neither you, nor ANYONE ELSE HERE, is my friend.

If you say that you're my friend beyond this point, just know that I know that you're full of shit and I will NOT respond.

I REPEAT:

BEYOND THIS MOMENT, IF YOU RESPOND TO ANY OF MY POSTS CALLING ME "FRIEND" OR SOMETHING SIMILAR, I WILL KNOW THAT YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT AND HAVE NO INTEREST IN THIS THREAD BEYOND MAKING ME MAD AND I WILL IGNORE YOU.
>>
>>72394961
Doesn't it have like 17 guitar tracks?
>>
>>72394969
holy shit, new pasta?
>>
>>72395002
>>72384613
>>
>>72394935
what's a 10/10 shoegaze album (or rather, the best shoegaze album) for you, I'm curious
>>
File: 511JxNGbsXL.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
511JxNGbsXL.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>72395042
Something like this. This is gorgeous. Loveless can be gorgeous but just sounds messy to me for the most part.
>>
>>72395130
the beauty in messiness is part of what makes it a great album. but HoLV is a better album

Souvlaki > HoLV > Loveless > Nowhere
>>
>>72394458
>trying to find a shoegaze album better than Loveless
it's a fruitless endeavor.
>>
>>72395195
Don't get me wrong. I like Loveless. I just don't understand the sky high praise it gets.
>>
>>72395263
honestly, i have the exact same opinion. i guess its one of those things where you had to be a college kid in the 90s to truly get
>>
>dream pop
>dreams

Masterpiece confirmed dumb fuk OP.
>>
>>72395320
I think it's because there is so much more music out now since the release of Loveless and all of it is easier to access than ever so it is way easier now to find something I like better. I bet for the time of its release, Loveless probably blew the mind of anyone who listened.
>>
>>72394458
It's a shit album. Souvlaki Space Station is the only track worth listening to.
>>
The best shoegaze makes you a little sleepy and gets you lost in this half-awake haze of echo and distortion. This album is not better than loveless but it's a close second.
>>
Is better though.
>>
File: file.png (148KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
148KB, 300x300px
you're all wrong
>>
>>72394999
nah it has like two, but his use of reverse reverb, his strumming technique (that swoon is his whammy bar detuning the strings), and his alternate tunings make it sound huge. people who talk about millions of hidden melodies are just too stoned, but the loads of distortion bring a lot of harmonics into the sound too, and then on top of that he's great with eq, so it's hella lush. the stuff that sounds like synthesizers is sampled guitar feedback tho, so in that sense there are more than like one or two guitar tracks hehe
>>
File: 1492305185503.png (649KB, 455x531px) Image search: [Google]
1492305185503.png
649KB, 455x531px
>>72395800
Kek nice b8 m8
>>
>>72394940
proved that u don't get it m8
>>
>>72396008
those digits don't lie
>>
>>72395985

>reverse reverb
On two tracks: To Here Knows When and Blown A Wish. But otherwise you're correct on the brilliant production.

>people who talk about millions of hidden melodies are just too stoned

Not "millions", but there is subtle stuff you hear with every listen. Especially if you're fairly new to the album.
>>
Unpopular opinion coming up.

m b v has better tracks than Loveless, though Loveless works better as cohesive album.

Both are inferior to the masterpiece than is Pygmalion.
>>
Yo what the fuck y'all thinking of doing when you're having a shoegaze conversation and you don't mention the new slowdive album? Like wtf, y'all niggas retarded?

Slomo is one of the most beautiful pieces of music in existence and you're arguing over whether Loveless could only be heard in the 90s to have its full effect like wtf
>>
i prefer it to loveless, but id rather listen to candy claws, sweet trip, all natural lemon lime and flavors or stereolab for that type of vibe
>>
>>72399500
lemon and lime flavors i meant
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.