[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post-rock is glorified pop music for people who think they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nj7thpXGP61rhehjho1_1280.jpg (145KB, 736x413px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj7thpXGP61rhehjho1_1280.jpg
145KB, 736x413px
Post-rock is glorified pop music for people who think they have good taste
>>
>>72387240
not all post-rock is third-wave
educate yourself
>>
>>72387240
>sigur rose
>>
>>72387240
Bastardized simplification.
>>
>>72387240
It isn't really glorified though. Has anybody ever argues that it isn't popular music?
>>
>>72387264
Fair. I'm only referring to crescendo fedora shit.

Slint, Gastr del Sol, Long Fin Killie, Stereolab etc... made some of my favourite albums of all time
>>
Stop listening to bad "mainstream" post rock

The good stuff is there and still great
>>
I used to be a big fan of post-rock, and even 3rd wave post-rock when I was a pleb, but it's some of the most obnoxious music to me now. Especially the horribly cliche, ridiculously over-dramatic 3rd wave bands that try way too fucking hard, but end up being copy/paste replicas of each other, and who's discography becomes as monotonous as Mumford & Sons. And Explosions in the Sky and God is an Astronaut really exemplify these traits that turned a genre that was originally made to pull away from standard progressions toward something more subtle and melancholy into the most pleb and pseudo-deep genre that's reached the light of public opinion. And I've yet to meet a single fan of 3rd wave post-rock that wasn't the striking image of a *le fedora atheist nice guy who thinks Explosions in the Sky is the apotheosis of modern music, and considers themselves incredibly deep and cultured for listening to some of the most trite garbage to ever crawl from the post-rock hole.
>>
>>72387482
You do realize that EITScore is a fraction of a fraction of post-rock right? It's a third-wave thing and there are still third-wave bands like Russian Circles who have their own distinct sound.
>>
>>72387240
If that were true it would be called Post-Pop
>>
is mono for plebs?
>>
>>72387240
>periodic table of post-rock
>only has three post-rock bands

>>72387891
Yes
>>
>>72387933
brb, reducing rym score
>>
>>72387482
i like listening to eits when i want to listen to post-rock, but i want something shallow so i'm not focusing on the music too much. normally when i'm writing a paper but i want to listen to gybe i'll put them on. they're not great, but they are inoffensive and not terrible.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.