[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this is actual pretentious garbage along the with multitude of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1476931844236.png (401KB, 600x540px) Image search: [Google]
1476931844236.png
401KB, 600x540px
this is actual pretentious garbage along the with multitude of modern classical

at least trout mask replica has some substance, although in terrible execution
>>
>>72382205
>trout mask replica has some substance
>>
>>72382205
No man, you're wrong about those things.
>>
>>72382223
o-oh sorry patrician sir you've converted me!
>>
>>72382303
Good. Seriously though, you put no effort into your post, I put no effort into my reply. Trout Mask Replica sounds exactly as it was intended to. Morton Feldman was one of the least pretentious people imaginable. Pretentious usually means "it would change my values too much to put in the very slight effort needed to appreciate this". You hear it and you can imagine how easily it could change the meaning of all other music for you, so you reject it.
>>
>>72382330
i put in just as much effort as feldman did

apt given the quality of how empty and barren of importance that work holds

i've played in an orchestra for 10 years

modern movements of art and classical music is a pathetic cry for the sake of being unique instead of creating something of significant value beyond the circlejerk of like-minded elitsts
>>
The interesting thing about modern classical is that it seems to be so often promoted by the people who claim to hate it. You could have made a tread about modern classical you find acceptable, or failing that older classical worthy of listening. But instead you decided to promote garbage and squeak "pretentious". Seriously when has that word ever not sounded empty, desperate and futile. The pretence here is that you have anything significant to say about music above whining about something you are best off ignoring.
>>
because nothing is important in modern classical

it's as deep as vaporwave and will be forgotten

don't try and debase any legitimate negative comments as "futile" which is as baseless as labeling someone's love for something as "pleb"

seems like you're trying to defend morton feldman and if you are, i've heard nothing to back up this absolutely pathetic excuse of classical music let alone music itself

being sparse, long, and abstract just solidifies the conclusion that avant-garde music is just pretentious spoopy/sad le randum sounds no different from harsh noise despite being opposites on the decibel spectrum
>>
>>72382581
>seems like you're trying to defend morton feldman
Seems like you are trying to attack Morton Feldman but you are failing, only people who already are convinced of your opinion are going to agree with you. Most people will see your half-assed attempts and empty putdowns "le randum", really now, and dragging out your favourite substanceless word again "pretentious" and they will see you as nothing more than angry, inarticulate and frustrated. I'm not trying to defend him, I haven't said anything about his work, you are conflating my criticism of you with him. Talk about music you like, don't talk about music you clearly don't like or appreciate, how hard is that to understand.
>>
>>72382671
yeah i'll take your condemnation for talking about music i don't like

"if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all" is such a fucking naive, pussy and overall SJW level cringe-worthy

sounds like you're white knighting something you don't even genuinely like yourself just for the sake that "n-no bully anon!!!!" mentality you're trying to uphold slathered 5 dollar works to sound like a genuine argument

if you're so scared about your fee-fees being hurt or reading anything negative, then maybe the internet or the reality of life itself is for you

kill yourself
>>
>>72382205
yeah
>>
>>72382685
"5 dollar words" and "isn't for you"

mb i should proofread ooPS hahaAHh
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.