[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

haha hows it hanging my dudes and fellow chillsters mac demarco

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: brainlet.jpg (207KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
brainlet.jpg
207KB, 1500x1000px
haha hows it hanging my dudes and fellow chillsters
mac demarco here to remind you my radical and trendy new album is coming out very soon!!!!
so sit back RELAX! grab a viceroy(thats my shit) and buy my new album okay
its going to be full of your FAV tracks repeated over and over.
make sure to pick up some overalls from the thrift so "normies" can think you're weird just like me and so fucking UNIQUE
>>
My dudebro, is this album going to contain the same Intro-Verse-Chorus-Intro-Verse-Chorus song form on every track, with absolutely no variation whatsoever again?
>>
>>72375103
You've had enough internet for today, i guess.
>>
>>72375103
Old person here. This trend happens every decade, without fail. You have to strip away the persona, the fashion, all of it, and just listen to the songs and judge them on their merit.

As a songwriter, he's pretty good. Nothing else matters.
>>
>>72375186
You act as if that's a bad thing and not a formula people have successfully made good music with before.
>>
>>72375186

wtf i hate traditonal pop song structures now

wtf i dont have the ability to discern clearly differening melodies if two songs share a similar style/structure

wtf i hate mac now!!!
>>
>>72375205
I came here to post something at the OP like "wow you cracked the code, his personal brand is becoming obvious and less cool." But this guy actually hit the nail on the head and made a much better point.

It's all trends; everything is trends. Seeing past them means actively trying to look past them.

ALTHOUGH, as an old late-20's fart, I WILL ADMIT, I stopped a college recently, and the number of frat dudes in slimline khaki baseball caps and oversized plaid shirts was fucking stupid. Like a uniform.
>>
#jarjarbinks
>>
>>72375205
you fell for the bait but you aren't wrong
>>
>>72375186
Hahaha you bet my dudebro!!!!!! It's gonna be totes LIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>72375743
It is, but Mac literally uses it on 90% of his track. His sense of melody is good, and his aesthetic is nice, but he could at least use bridges or pre-choruses, or more diverse song form in general. Instead he opts for evenly sized verses and chorus one after another with, sometimes finding effort to cram a cheesy vocal-wailing section at the end. It's just cheap songwriting, yet everyone praises him for being such a good songwriter, even though you could probably do one of those "Nickleback on Nickleback" memes with his songs.
>>
>>72375205
He is a talented songwriter but he relies too heavily on the same stylistic devices. Everything since 2 has been consistent stagnation. Really disappointing honestly because that was a genuinely great and promising album.
>>
I have a link to his new album kek
I'll post it if only somebody tells me he's not shit
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.