/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>never listen to a single U2 song in my life other than vertigo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 600[1].jpg (149KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
600[1].jpg
149KB, 600x599px
>never listen to a single U2 song in my life other than vertigo
>get curious about all the recent U2 memeing and listen to pic related
>it's a legit 10/10
>mfw I actually like fucking U2 now

What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>72367445
the viral marketing worked
>>
>>72367445
This is their best imo, and the end of classisc U2.
>>
>>72367467
fpbp
>>
File: U2 80s.jpg (1MB, 4597x3072px) Image search: [Google]
U2 80s.jpg
1MB, 4597x3072px
>>72367467
>implying you're not the real anti-U2 shill
U2 are god-tier, and that the fans have launched a grassroots movement to recognise this proves it
>>
>>72367445
War is better desu
>>
>>72367445
miles davis is rumored to have listened to this album on his death bed
>>
Another one bites the U2-pill. Listen to the rest of their 80s stuff now
>>
>>72367940
That's just cruel.
>>
>>72367969
? Are you some kind of living breathing retard ?
>>
>>72367940
I listened to TJT and War and thought they were both fucking great too. I'm a full fledged fan now
>>
File: U2ASortofHomecoming.jpg (114KB, 919x919px) Image search: [Google]
U2ASortofHomecoming.jpg
114KB, 919x919px
>>72367445
This should be your next listen. 2 more quality songs from 'Unforgettable Fire' studio sessions, and hot fire live versions of ''A Sort of Homecoming' and 'Bad'.

The live versions are better than the studio versions, and will help you transition to the rest of the catalog.

And you absolutely SHOULD listen to the entire rich catalog from 'Boy', to at least 'Zooropa'.
>>
>>72367445
whole discog up to "Pop" is great. pay no heed to the memers
>>
>>72367969
>not saying so cruel
you had one job
>>
>>72368554
I would say Pop too, I think it's due for a critical re-examination. lots of good stuff on there

though i may be balanced since 90s is my favorite era of U2
>>
why the fuck would U2 need to hire viral marketers to post on 4chan right after they were featured on a fucking kendrick lamar album. they have made millions off their music they don't need to prove shit to anyone especially kids on a laotian pubic hair braiding forum
>>
>>72368554
>The live versions are better than the studio versions
>on a record produced by Brian Eno

not true by the way
>>
>>72369940
>dickriding eno this much
almost all u2 songs are better live. but eno was still fantastic at producing this record.
>>
It's easy to become a U2 fan. Just listen to Unforgetablle Fire/The Joshua Tree/Achtung Baby and there you go.
If you're an autistic retard who thinks that U2 sucks just because of that South Park and songs like Vertigo, you can go and end your life.
>>
>>72370081
* South Park episode
>>
>>72369940
>>72369964
Reasonable people can differ on this. I think Unforgettable Fire now sounds very dated because of the production.

I find the live versions more exciting and vital, and think they've aged better.

But Eno's production undeniably brings so much texture, nuance, and color that it certainly retains a special place in the discography, and make Unforgettable Fire a special record for U2.

Every U2 album really has a different production and feel. Yet still so much quality - I think that variety is one of the more special things about the band.
>>
>>72367467
I think it's just the standard cycle of

underground->hip->popular->overexposed->passe->out-of-favor->reviled->rediscovered->hip again

at work

when everyone decides something is completely out-of-style, it triggers a backlash that gives the thing a contrarian resurgence

the whole Songs of Innocence iTunes debacle triggered the U2 contrarian Renaissance

but I mean, their first five or so albums really are good stuff; that was true even when it was cool to hate them
>>
>>72367445
The Joshua Tree is the greatest mainstream rock record of the 80s.
>>
>>72370081
don't get the hate for vertigo. it's a big, dumb rock song that doesn't have pretensions about being anything other than a big, dumb rock song. not my favorite but it does what it does

>>72369964
>>72370147
huge eno fan, but yeah, prime U2 live was the best live act in the world
>>
>>72370220
>it's a big, dumb rock song that doesn't have pretensions about being anything other than a big, dumb rock song
It's REALLY REALLY dumb though and became the defining musical statement of 2000s U2 in a lot of people's eyes.
>>
>>72370199
its the best album of the 80's full stop (or at least equal to purple rain)
>>
>>72369887
Calm down Paul
>>
>>72369887
>Laotian pubic hair braiding forum
10/10
>>
>>72370220
>doesn't have pretensions about being anything other than a big, dumb rock song
this is true but the yeahyeahyeahing at the end is just awful and makes it a legit bad song
>>
>>72370340
Viral marketers are experts at fitting in
>>
>>72371109
also "Uno, Dos, Tres, Catorce". Like what the fuck Bono, come on. Elevation was lazy and stupid fun, this is just lazy and stupid cringe.
>>
>>72367445
War is better
>>
>>72367937
That's rad as fuck

80s U2 is some of the best post punk stuff there is, edge's unique style really makes the music great
>>
>>72367445
An album with Elvis Presley and America cannot be 10/10
>>
>>72373005
Ok but every other track
>>
>>72367445
This post is a meme
>>
>>72367922
Uh, no it is not. Not even close
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.