[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck /mu/. I listened to Viva La Vida last nice as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2803.jpg (143KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2803.jpg
143KB, 600x600px
What the fuck /mu/.

I listened to Viva La Vida last nice as just a joke expecting it to be terrible since everyone says Coldplay is a shitty band, but it actually blew my fucking socks off. And today I went through their entire fucking discography and this band is fucking amazing. What's happening to me /mu/?
>>
I agree with Viva La Vida being a pretty good pop album. But the entire discography? Even the last two albums? No way, man.
Viva La Vida and Rush of Blood to the Head are decent.
>>
>>72359962
Viva La Vida > Rush Of Blood > Parachutes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else is trash
>>
>>72360437
X&Y isn't so bad
>>
>>72359962
take the coldplaypill, anon.
/mu/ has finally accepted U2 as one of the GOATs, and this band is soon to follow.
>>
>>72359962
Eno made Coldplay more than just U2 wannabes.
>>
42 is amazing
>>
>>72359962
Viva being /mu/core is an open secret around here. Eno's production + well executed conceptual spread + yeah they're actually pretty good at writing songs = a whole lot of /mu/tants' sweet spot.

But yeah, I'm just chiming in to say that if any one record was my "musical awakening," it was this one. It's also aged better than most of what I listened to around that time. It's truly a classic pop record.
>>
>>72360595
I've seen a lot of people saying that Viva was the album that got them into music (myself included). I won't be surprised if this album gets a remaster or something in a few years and it's met with newfound critical acclaim.
>>
Is A Head Full of Dreams any good ?
>>
>>72359962
Everyone likes to shit on Coldplay but they're relatively enjoyable and easy to get into. I think people just hate them because of their fans or something.
>>
>/mu/ hates U2
>/mu/ likes Coldplay
huh
>>
>>72360757
I really like a lot of the songs on there, but it wasn't as memorable as the other albums. hymn for the weekend is my favorite song on there
>>
>>72360895
>>
>>72360474
This so much. The Coldplay-pill has been stewing for some time
>>
>>72360474
about time desu
>>
>>72360757
The first five songs would make a solid EP, good bit of energy and solid piano ballad. There's a bit of a drop off afterwards, but nothing actively bad.
>>
>>72360757
no
better than ghost stories but it's still just bland pop with some pretty shitty lyrics
>ft. obama
>>
Fuck, Violet Hill is so great.
>>
Prospekts March is such a nice companion EP to Viva
>>
>>72360474
>>/mu/ has finally accepted U2 as one of the GOATs, and this band is soon to follow.
>/mu/ is one person spamming U2 threads
>>
Right, now that we've embraced Coldplay, anyone care for a bit of album ranking?

Viva
Rush of Blood
Ghost Stories
Parachutes
Mylo Xyloto
X & Y
Head Full
>>
File: eno.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
eno.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
Picrelated to band:
>Hmm ... this is shit.
>Give me two weeks.
>>
>>72361318
Rush > Viva >> Parachutes > MX = XY >> HFOD > GS
>>
>>72361318
Parachutes 7.2
Rush 8.0
X&Y 7.0
Viva 7.8
MXy 7.0
GS 6.3
HFoD 6.0
>>
GOAT Coldplay:

https://youtu.be/BQeMxWjpr-Y
>>
File: 9qq2uGU.jpg (1MB, 1395x2100px) Image search: [Google]
9qq2uGU.jpg
1MB, 1395x2100px
OUTTA MY WAY REASONABLE OPINION COMING THROUGH

Parachutes/rushofblood/x&y/vivalavida are all very good on the whole, with differing profiles of quality, ie x&y had very high highs, and low lows.(subject to personal opinion of course)

Mylo xyloto was the beginning of the end, with the band sliding into generic pop schlock, even if despite all the lowest common denominator adherence, their talents still shine through sometimes.

It hurts bros.
>>
>>72362372
No way, Mylo Xyloto is still a lot of fun, a bunch of solid pop bangers. In my mind, the decline only actually started in 2015.
>>
Unironically patrician, but also huge coldplay fan. Have seen them live twice and they put on a hell of a show. I pretty much enjoy all of their albums, but I'd say first 3 offer the most compelling or interesting material. I have a soft spot for GS thugh don't know why I just really like that album.
>>
>>72361318
Probably not the most popular opinion but:

Viva La Vida > Mylo > Rush > Head > Parachutes > X&Y > Ghost
>>
viva la vida is lit.
i remember listening to it in bed on cold nights when it first came out. good times.
>>
>>72361318
VLV > AROBTTH > Parachutes > MX > X&Y > GS > AHFOD
>>
Fun fact: Ghost Stories is Lil Yachty's favourite album.
>>
File: 1492642768681.jpg (59KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492642768681.jpg
59KB, 600x800px
>>72360474
this

your favorite artist probably enjoys Coldplay/U2
>>
>>72362652
Ghost Stories is literally Coldplay's The King of Limbs
>>
>>72361216
Glass of Water and Rainy Day are great songs.
>>
VLV came out when I was just getting into music, which is why I have very fond memories listening to it and why my opinion about it is absolutely invalid.

It's a generational thing, it's pure nostalgia. Stop hyping this shit up.
>>
>>72361318
Viva > Rush >> Parachutes >> MX > X&Y > GS
I quit after Ghost Stories
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.