[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so why does everyone hate this band? are they a meme, or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5665.jpg (240KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5665.jpg
240KB, 1680x1050px
so why does everyone hate this band? are they a meme, or is hating them a meme?
>>
They're the kind of band that you listen to in middle school because you think it's so dark and edgy but you eventually grow out of it
>>
>>72356709
there's a difference between growing out of them and absolutely hating them though. i grew out of them myself, but i dont feel negatively about them at all. just indifferent.
>>
>>72356680
OOO WAH AH AH AH

we all used to think they were more hardcore than they are
and the lead singer guy looks like a butt baby
but they're pretty good
he doesn'T actually look like a butt baby i'm sure he's a nice man
>>
File: disturn.jpg (4KB, 346x146px) Image search: [Google]
disturn.jpg
4KB, 346x146px
nail in the coffin
>>
Yes they are a meme and yes i like them.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV4oYkIeGJc

actually fuck you guys this is pretty good
i learned this bassline a long time ago, it was fun
>>
>>72356709
for me/anyone who isn't an english native they're the kind of band you listen to in grade/middle school because they're fun, gritty and bouncy, then you slowly begin to realize the lyrics are edgy and terribly written and it starts to feel weird unless you just don't take them seriously. they're much closer to The Bloodhound Gang than Swans
>>
>>72356815
and here i was worried about half-way through that that you thought he looked like a butt baby but then at the end i realized you didn't think that bc you then said he doesn'T actually look like a butt baby and rather that you thought he was a nice man....
>>
>>72356680
Because they represent edgy maximalism that has personality and announces itself, and the current cultural spectrum basically just consists of mocking things other people created. They're an incredibly easy band to make fun. People REALLY wanted to hate the new Metallica album but they couldn't seem to justify what was bad about it.

The logic being that it's "edgy". As if anything that offends people is just acting that way for the sake of being offensive. Or that's the closest thing to logic you're able to siphon out. See the great thing about communicating entirely in ambiguous sarcasm is that no one can deconstruct it because you aren't saying anything concrete and if they do hold you to something you can just move the goalposts and say that's not what you meant.

So half because we live in a time that basically sits around embarrassingly trying to pretend that the 90s and 2000s never happened and half because douchebag pseudo-adults can stave off the crippling insecurities for another day by feeling profound and knowledgeable by trashing something that isn't mainstream bargain bin pop music. Also because some people just think it's crappy music.
>>
I feel like Immortalized and Indestructible aren't totally middleschoolcore.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.