[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it took Joanna Newsom 12 years to make three albums Hack.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: latest.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
32KB, 640x400px
>it took Joanna Newsom 12 years to make three albums
Hack. Spare me the bullshit about the creative process. The creative process only applies to creatively talented people.
>>
>>72351973
Didn't she blow her vocal cords out and have to take a couple of years of rest?

Either way, artists are just like you and me; if they don't have to work, they're not going to
>>
>>72351973
How dare you her bum is a /mu/ treasure.
>>
>>72351983
>she blew her vocal chords out
A just fate for such an unbearably tryhard, pretentious voice.
>>
That's the opposite of hack, moron.
>>
File: ass.webm (1MB, 560x424px) Image search: [Google]
ass.webm
1MB, 560x424px
>>72352026

how tf can a voice be pretentious
>>
>>72352078
I thought this until I heard hers.
>>
>>72351973
HOoM is a triple album so that's basically three albums' worth of material.

>>72351983
This too.
>>
>>72352155

what makes it pretentious?
>>
>>72353046
You haven't heard it if you need to be spoonfed. I'm not playing your game.
>>
>>72353098
You could just admit your clueless and talking shit.
>>
>>72353098

I'm a huge fan of hers, I've listened to Ys and Divers dozens of times

I don't understand how a voice can be "pretentious" and I love her voice so even if is pretentious I don't give a shit
>>
>>72353098
You clearly have no idea how to back up an opinion. Spend more time with your head up Joanna's ass instead of your own
>>
>>72353187

>your head up Joanna's ass

I wish
>>
>>72353046
>>72353137
I'm not that guy, and I'm a fan of Joanna, but I'll take a stab at it.

Her squeaky, pixie-like singing voice can sound like it's pretty forced and definitely an affectation she's putting on. By using that voice to deliver her extremely long-winded songs it gives them a kind of fairy tale or story-like quality, which some people might think is a way to make them seem more deep or important than they really are. If she were just singing in a plain voice, listeners might just think "come on lady wtf are you on about? hurry it up already."

That's my guess. I don't know.
>>
>>72353290
i dunno about the fairy tale thing. i think it's enough to say that voice has an affectation, though i think its just an exaggeration of her real voice. some of her singing is very very good.
>>
File: bugs_deflated.jpg (16KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
bugs_deflated.jpg
16KB, 500x368px
>>72352026
when most people sing they do their best to sound good
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.