[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Deftones and what is the most essential

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0143.jpg (70KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0143.jpg
70KB, 640x512px
What does /mu/ think of Deftones and what is the most essential Deftones album?
>>
I love them. I'd say White Pony is the obvious essential album, but I like Around the Fur best.
>>
>>72351619
I'd say Saturday Night Wrist would be the best for posters on /mu/
>>
File: 95.jpg (207KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
95.jpg
207KB, 780x780px
>>72351557
better than most of the trash posted on this board. essential albums IMO Saturday Night Wrist and Koi No Yokan
>>
Saturday Night Wrist > Koi No Yokan > the rest
>>
>>72352459
Diamond Eyes > Koi > Wrist > the rest
>>
One of my favorite bands. I'd say White Pony is the obvious starting place. If you liked the heavier stuff like Elite, go to Around the Fur and then Adrenaline (my personal favorite), but if you liked the more atmospheric stuff like Digital Bath, then go to Saturday Night Wrist and Diamond Eyes..
>>
>>72351557
>buttrock
>>
Around The Fur > White Pony > All Others
>>
am I the only person that thinks s/t and Adrenaline are the best?
>>
>>72354872
>having autism
>>
>>72351557
Deftones are Nu-metal that left me an horrible taste in my mouth.
Chino moreno? more like chino retardeno
>>
>>72352459
Objectively wrong.
>>
>>72354872
>calls something buttrock
>doesnt even know what buttrock means

might as well call death grips buttrock

and the velvet underground buttrock

everything is buttrock, hey?

fucking autist.
>>
>>72354933
I fucking love S/T. The amount of anger on that album always gets my blood flowing.
>>
AW SHIT YEAH, DEFTONES

Pretty much the only band from the 90s that I loved that's still around and putting out quality material. They actually got BETTER over time, and put out some of the best material of their careers long after the nu metal hype days were over.

White Pony is probably their best album but they have yet to release anything I'd consider weak overall.

>>72354933
I love the s/t. Adrenaline is a classic but suffers from weak production.
>>
>>72351557
I think they're pretty good, White Pony is the "most essential" I guess, self-titled might be my personal preference.

They're one of those bands that I can tell love the same music I do, and manage to tastefully pay homage to it while still retaining their own sound. And that's confirmed by their covers and various shirts I've seen Chino wearing (he's clearly a big fan of Cocteau Twins and Siouxsie and the Banshees, for example). The Mars Volta is another band like that, whenever I see an interview with Omar or Cedric I just think "this guy gets it"
>>
File: Teamsleep-album.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Teamsleep-album.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>>72351557
No one has mentioned Team Sleep (their side project) so check it out if you haven't already.
>>
>>72357048
YOU MAKE THAT DANCE LOOK SO NEW. IM ONNNNNN A FACE LIKE YOUVE NEVER SEEEEEEEN
>>
File: 5175fd03.jpg (44KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
5175fd03.jpg
44KB, 600x600px
>>72357048
ten years later they somehow made it even better
>>
>>72358829
Because Chino knows how to produce music and pick the right people. He can sing incredibly well when he isn't jumping around a lot losing his breath and just having fun at his normal concerts. When he slows down and puts all focus into the music he and his mates are incredible.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.