[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>raps over uninspired half-baked "experimental"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

File: danny-brown.jpg (173KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
danny-brown.jpg
173KB, 500x500px
>raps over uninspired half-baked "experimental" beats with the voice of a yelping dog set on fire and kicked out of a three story window
>/mu/: 10/10 AOTYAY

Explain yourselves.
>>
*coughs*
>>
>>72349903
skrt?
>>
>makes a contrarian post on 4chan
wow unprecedented movement free thinker alert
>>
AIN'T IT FUNNY HOW IT HAPPENS?
>>
>>72350432
gang gang
>>
hey dude its no xxx and it bites off jd a little too hard for my tastes but it was alright imo
if you dont like his voice thats pretty much a dealbreaker tho. :/
>>
>>72349903
AINT IT FUNNY?!?
>>
>>72349903
>hating Death Grips
KYS
>>
>>72350449
OP isn't wrong though
>>
OP is a newfag. We've been hyping Danny Brown since 2011.
>>
>>72351178
This
>>
>>72349903
>uninspired half-baked
not true at all
>the voice of a yelping dog set on fire and kicked out of a three story window
you sound like a middle schooler trying to tell me everything that's "wrong with new music". Let me guess. I should go listen to real music like Queen and The Beatles, right?
>>
>>72349903
White guilt
>>
>>72351229
>>72351229
Not when I can just as easily describe Freddie Mercury as that. You're the one who sounds like a middle schoolers.
>>
>>72351136
You tried.
>>
>>72349903
I like you OP.

1. I agree the backing tracks he uses aren't nearly as "experimental" as people act like they are.

2. I think its such a cop-out to say "I don't like a musician because their voice is unique".

3. You forgot to insult that all of his lyrics are about recreational drug use and self-medicating.

4. XXX had a few great songs, Old was bad, Atrocity Exhibition is a good album, but not a 10/10. Ya gotta respect it for not being another shitty trap album or Kanye bullshit album.

Yeah, pretty much Danny Brown is a 7/10. Glad hes making music, but I'm not a huge fan by any means.
>>
>>72349903
>uninspired

this is number one on words to NOT use when criticizing music. It's a go-to buzzword and doesn't even make any sense. What metric are you using to judge how "inspired" something is? Influence? Sampling? It's not like you know what's going on in his head.
>>
>>72351975
You haven't been to enough local concerts of Blink-182, Jimmy Eat World and Fall Out Boy ripoffs have you?

You know whats worse than listening to Blink-182? Listening to Blink-182 without ANY ability to song write what-so-ever.
>>
atrocity exhibition doesn't have those obnoxious clicky drum machines literally almost every release these days has so it's automatically a step above the other things being released
>>
>>72352125
Its called a Roland TR-808 digital ripoff on the worst settings because lol-Trap. You can blame Kanye for 808s and Heartbreaks.
>>
>>72349903
>"experimental"
when will this lazy attempt at criticism die?
>>
>>72352108
ability and inspiration aren't the same thing, you just proved his point
>>
>>72352581
Name one good band inspired by Blink-182. I'll wait.
>>
>>72352569
His instrumentals are barely experimental, bruv.
>>
>>72352593
I can't, nor do I need to

note the contradiction between "inspired by Blink-182" and "uninspired"
>>
>>72352612
the point is there is no metric for how experimental something is, nor does experimentation have value in and of itself

go on, find me something experimental and tell me how much more experimental it is than atrocity exhibition and, more importantly, why
>>
>>72352620
Uninspired MEANS inspired by bad, generic music.

I'm not saying its the best adjective ever, and I agree its over used. But it has a clear definition that you are purposely ignoring.
>>
>>72351828
I am a huge danny brown, and respect your opinion, but I do not agree.
>>
>>72352642
>Uninspired MEANS inspired
ok pal
>>
>>72352656
I would love to hear you go more in-depth on how you disagree.
>>
>>72352668

Welcome to the English language. Tons of shit doesn't make sense. To put your fingers in your ear and go "I don't agree with that word definition" doesn't make you seem more intelligent, its just pedantic. You know what people mean when they say uninspired, stop pretending like you don't.
>>
>>72352702
we're on a tangent here, yes. that doesn't change the original conflation of talent and inspiration
>>
>>72351828
>I agree the backing tracks he uses aren't nearly as "experimental" as people act like they are.
how experimental are they?
>>
>>72352552
it's horrible
>>
>>72352742
They are in 4/4 time signature, so there is your baseline for "refusing to experiment".
>>
>>72349903
>the voice of a yelping dog set on fire and kicked out of a three story window

DANNY BROWN ON SUICIDE WATCH

but for real, this sounds like something a child would write
>>
>>72352773
>time signatures are the only way to experiment with music
christ
>>
>>72352780
You seem very offended, friend. Kys.
>>
>>72352724
>I'm admitting I'm wrong

Well glad I can stop responding to this waste of time.
>>
>>72352797
And you've yet to point out a single way his music is "experimental" so my point stands while you are standing there without a rebuttal.
>>
>judging music by how experimental it is
do you not realise how stupid that sounds
>>
>>72352815
I'm not wrong, I'm acknowledging that the argument we're having is not what I originally called you out for, which to recap is suggesting that inspiration and ability are the same. hope that clears things up
>>
>>72352833
I don't know, but you can ask the people who praise his music as well.
>>
>>72352832
I haven't said that his music is experimental or not. I'm asking you how experimental you think it is, because you made a comment suggesting that it isn't as experimental as other people think it is

it's not a debate, I'm asking for your opinion
>>
>>72352865

>I haven't said that his music is experimental or not.

Precisely.

>it's not a debate, I'm asking for your opinion

I already gave it.
>>
>>72352887
>how experimental are they?
I didn't catch your answer to this question
>>
>>72352674
Kinda sleepy but sure, I dont think that his lyrics are all about drug usase and abuse, even tough those are the most famous tracks, he doenst cover much more, but really the whole downward spiral concept, depression, death, heck, the first side of XXX has a song about performing cunnilingus. While I do think that old isnt very good, it has a few great tracks, and many mediocre. XXX is his best lp, AE comming at close second, but I do agree thst he is not as experimental as many people think he is, and the gold is in XXX, and the contrast between both halfs of it. Im glad you enjoy dannys music, and wished you could appreciate it more, but we cant all love the same things. He has great bars, and wordplay as well, and can write some damn great hooks! Cheers pal.
>>
>>72349903
Can you rec me some albums that mix hip hop and post punk like this one does?
>>
>>72352773
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzPUoG3M9gA
>>
>>72352984
Yes
>>
>>72350432
fax
>>
>>72351828
>>72352656
>>72352674
>>72352922
>perfectly reasonable and calm arguments on /mu/
lmao go back 2 reddit
>>
>>72350432
GIT GIT
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.