[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite /mu/core album? Which out of them are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Spiderland.jpg (196KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderland.jpg
196KB, 1000x1000px
What's your favorite /mu/core album? Which out of them are 10/10 albums for you? How do you define a 10/10?
>>
>>72348276
Stftb
>>
A 10/10 is the greatest album of all time
So none of them
>>
>>72348300

>A 10/10 is the greatest album of all time
So none of them

This never made much sense to me. If 10 is a singular album that would mean that 1 would be the worst album of time. Basically your limiting yourself to 8 points, Turning your 9 into what a 10 is for most people. Just stop fucking around. Use a 4 star scale if you want to be a hipster about it.
>>
>>72348447
Apologies for my grammar lads, I have been awake for 2 days.
>>
>>72348447
Why are you assuming such a discrete rating system? Also, a 0 is the worst album of all time, not a 1. You should really get some rest, anon.
>>
>>72348276
>What's your favorite /mu/core album?
Pet Sounds. It's my favorite album.
>Which out of them are 10/10 albums for you?
A lot. Pet Sounds, Spiderland, F#A#sidewys8, SFTB, 98.12.28, ITAOTS and some more i'm forgetting.
>How do you define a 10/10?
5/10 is my flat score. The things i like and dislike balance themselves out. I go by half points in each direction. 6 is I enjoy it for the most part, 7 is i really like it and will listen to it occasionally, 8 is great and will enter my regular rotation of albums i listen too, 9 is genre defining to me and one of the best i've ever heard, 10 is i could write a paper from memory on why this album is amazing and all the parts that make it so good. That's a basic overview of how i score things. I only keep a mental note of scores for when i'm talking about stuff like this with my friends and family.
>>
>>72348300
When you get the highest possible grade on a test, is it the best test of all time?
>>
>>72348675
There are only so many points to be given out on a test. Why should that be the case for music? I think of this more like the gym teacher who refuses to give full credit for participation, because no one is able to give 100% effort all of the time.
>>
>>72348276
Favorite /mu/core album is probably Pet Sounds if we're only counting the top 10 /mu/core albums. Possibly Spiderland.

I try not to use a rating system as I find it reductionist, and believe that scores are made for product or establishment reviews, not for a piece of art.

With that being said, 10/10 would essentially mean an album I personally feel to be perfectly suited for me, something I enjoy listening to whenever, and that I don't really get bored of.
>>
>>72348276
>Favorite
Kid A.
>Which ones are 10/10?
Pet Sounds, ITAOTS, SFTB, Spiderland, Kid A.
>How do you fine a 10/10?
Consistency + thematic content + atmosphere + overall enjoyability.
>>
I don't have any 10/10's, but Spiderland is like a 9/10 for me. Neutral Milk Hotel and Trout Mask are both 8's. And by my ranking that's actually really really high
>>
>>72348276
Loveless
None of them
What >>72348300 said, but it also has to have no identifiable flaws.
>>
>>72349023
SIDE NOTE: No /mu/core is 10/10 material in my opinion. Even my favorites like Pet Sounds (Here Today) have flaws.
>>
>>72348300
This is really stupid logic, rating a "greatest of all time album" a 10 is meaningless, seeing as, even if everyone agreed it is the greatest, it would eventually be replaced, making the standard under which a "10" falls constantly changing, invalidating the standard. If you instead take a 10 as a "perfect album" it would make sense were there a perfect album, which there never will be. A perfect album would require to adjust itself to the subjective taste of all people living, dead, and to come, and need to have every note placed as such to appeal perfectly to all tastes in present future and past, which would be a probability of 1/infinity, meaning, while technically possible, it won't ever happen. As such, there never will be a perfect 10/10 standard under which other albums can be compared. As it stands, I consider out of 10 ratings the spectrum of impossibly bad to perfect, but non-inclusive of the "perfectly bad" and "perfect" ratings at 0 and 10, respectively, meaning 10 is as good as humanly expected, but far from perfect.
>>
>>72349237
How much time did you spend writing this retarded shit
>>
A 10 can only be personal.
>>
>>72348276
>favorites in /mu/core
probably trout mask replica, ITCOCK, or pet sounds
>are any of them 10/10
no.
>how do you define a 10/10
flawless. There is no such thing as flawless music, and therefore no such thing as a 10/10. In all honesty, though, sometimes it's the flaws in music that make it good.
>>
>>72348276
Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven
Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven
My favorite album

Yes I'm a tremendous faggot
>>
>>72348276
best mucore is merriweather
at least 50% of mucore is 10/10, that's why it's mucore
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.