[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a theory about needledrop. You hate him because you can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: ZAnthony.png (161KB, 304x225px) Image search: [Google]
ZAnthony.png
161KB, 304x225px
I have a theory about needledrop. You hate him because you can't be him. YOU wanted to be the most popular music critic in the World, but instead he is.
>>
>>72340614
HAHAH
>>
well duh
of course I'd love to have fans and make money while spouting my "opinions" on big music releases in front of a webcam
>>
>>72340614
But I genuinely like him. Don't pay attention to his grading as it's based on a very vague and variable set of criteria, but his insight is coherent and you kids better listen to what he has to say since you're so god awful at articulating why you like something.
>>
>>72340614
I don't pay attention to critics. I just think he looks like a cuck
>>
>>72340614
You don't need to even mention that because it is so obvious.
>>
>>72340614
>single most popular music critic in the world

That's not saying much though. Individual critics really have no renown these days.
>>
>>72340614
>You hate him
I don't, tho.
>>
>>72340614
>mu is one person
>>
Is articulate, but I don't like his taste. I don't hate him, I agree with a lot of his stuff, but he gives tracks I'd never enjoy a high score so it's only a guideline still
>>
i don't hate him but still think a lot of his reviews are horribly off the mark
>>
>>72340614
Hi, Anthony! Have you listened to the Humanz leak?
>>
>>72340614
>/mu/ likes fantano
>fantano becomes popular with "normies"
>/mu/ "hates" fantano
good job guys
>>
>>7234061
*YOU wanted to be the most busiest music nerd on the internet
>>
>>72341226
>/mu/ is one person
>>
>>72341226
Replace "Fantano" with any other pop phenomenon and you'll notice the essence of 4chan.
>>
>>72340614
Fuck off you stupid bald cunt.
>>
>>72342229
see
>>72342219
>>
File: 1465503296802.jpg (10KB, 177x215px) Image search: [Google]
1465503296802.jpg
10KB, 177x215px
>>72340614
or people just strongly disagree with some of his reviews
>>
>>72342703
Nope your upset.
Here you are critiqing all this music for free and not a single person even cares about your opinion.

Yet this man with taste you hate, dictates how 1000s will perceive music, and he gets paid for it.

You wish, you where him.
Also he's 6 ft +, married and has a child, making him an objectively superior human being then you.
>>
>>72340819
This.

He gave The Dream is over a low score. I thought it was amazing.

He has his opinions, and can really express why. I respect that.
>>
>>72342766
>making him a subjectively better human than me
im not going to sit here and cherry pick shit about him, but i feel far superior
>>
i had a dream the other night that i met antnee at a party

i was like "oh shit, blankthony blanktano, what's up?" and i told him i watched some of his shit and that his DAMN. review was hot garbage (even though i haven't actually seen it, i just know it upset a bunch of HHH nerds) and he just laughed it off and said "heh, well, not everything can get a strong 8/10" and i was like "true."

it was so normal, it was kind of hilarious.
>>
>>72340614
I don't want anything he has. He's a literal meme who spends his time reviewing shitty music and shittier memes.
>>
He talks about music like it's made by machines. He never talks about the emotion the music evokes or how an album is more than a collection of individual songs.
>>
>>72342766
do u think it'd be fun to listen to every garbage album p4k reviews by ur goddamn self not being able to listen to the music u actually enjoy and having to come up with a number rating it'd be shitty and definitely make me enjoy music less.
>>
>>72343171
>emotion
you're probably right about that, he does seem to focus on the technical aspects. though he will sometimes call tracks "bangers" or sing a few bars from a track or two during a review, which to me is his version of dipping into the emotional aspect of it all.

>how an album is more than a collection of individual whatever

that's where you're wrong. he harps on cohesion in pretty much every review. if a record just seems like a collection of tracks to him, it will get panned.
>>
which MBTI is Anthony?
>>
Are there any other youtubers who come close to his high quality production value on this kind of video?

I haven't found one. Sure, he's an idiosyncratic individual who can occasionally become grating, but I don't think theres anyone else out there really doing this. Please prove me wrong tho
>>
>>72343330
there really aren't any good music reviewers out there, which is so strange to me.

thewonkyangle is a channel i watch for electronic reviews, but he's got maybe 1,000 subs and nowhere near the production.
>>
>>72340614
t. fantano
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.