[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the appeal? Most of their songs sound like paper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: download (4).jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
7KB, 300x168px
What's the appeal? Most of their songs sound like paper being shredded.
>>
>>72333563
a.
conceptual.
art.
exhibition.
anchored.
by.
sound.
and.
vision.
>>
>>72333563
original thread op

>>72333637
this
>>
>>72333637
this doesn't help me at all in understanding the appeal
>>
>>72333563
no clue. I guess their skill in other fields makes people think their music isn't thrown together bullshit.
>>
>>72333808
consult the rest of the fucking internet instead of a bunch of anonymous teenagers, there are loads of articles, interviews and reviews to paint a clearer picture instead of your desperate attempt for five minutes of fame with a trending thread
>>
>>72333563
You know I've been listening to them for over 5 years now and I guess ultimately it boils down to the dense production and Ride's immaculate lyricism. Yeah you can cherrypick all the edgy shit but there are some legitimate poetic gems in his lyrics. The entirety of Stockton comes to mind. The fact I've been listening to it since 2012 and just recently caught the wordplay with "Pervin' while them clutch the BOTTOM. FEEDERS suck like stuck in Stockton" was cool as shit. As for the production, of course Hill is talented and it really shines through on occasion, but what I love most about them is their use of sampling. It's a nice ratio/juxtaposition of mainstream shit (the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, etc.) to shit that's nearly as obscure as possible (Saharan cellphone music, field recordings, etc.)
>>
>>72333563
If you like abrasive in-your-face paranoid lyricism and weird glitchy noisy production, you`d probably like this and clipping.
>>
>>72334421
Stockton slaps too
>>
>>72334488
Yeah which is why it took me fucking forever to see that Ride's talent really shines through the most on that song
>>
i mean... there's a good chance that they samples paper being shredded...
>>
>>72334742
accurate
>>
>>72334686
I mean, they sampled a printer once.
>>
>it's another falceflag thread by a dgfag
>>
their music sound like a little bit more abrasive Grimes with edgy numetal-like rapping

>>72334970
this
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.