[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"You have to conquer yourself and take control of yourself.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: Phil Spector.jpg (90KB, 961x640px) Image search: [Google]
Phil Spector.jpg
90KB, 961x640px
"You have to conquer yourself and take control of yourself. I make fun of a lot of people like Brian Wilson because they don't have control over themselves. I think they're largely phonies. They use their illness as an excuse. I have no mercy for that. I know Wilson idolizes me. He does interviews, he writes his autobiography about me. I know, I know. It's sad you know, but I don't know whether you can feel sorry for untalented people. Maybe he's not that talented. Maybe he's overrated. Jimi Hendrix was not overrated. Janis Joplin was not overrated. I feel sorry that they died, because they shouldn't have. They should have been a little smarter. Brian Wilson outlived his brothers for God's fucking sake. How do you figure that? Carl Wilson - pretty bright guy. Dennis - pretty silly guy; y'know, a Muppet. And Brian outlives them? But maybe Brian wasn't that talented to begin with, and we're burdening him with that. We make these people more than they are. I don't feel sorry for Brian Wilson; I never thought he was that talented to begin with. I'm glad he idolizes me; I wish that Jimi Hendrix idolized me. I heard he did. I'd be more impressed if somebody with a brain idolized me."
>>
I wonder why Phil is such a dick.
>>
What did you expect from a murderer?
Compassion?
>>
>>72331804
Phil Spectrum is a real-life supervillain.
>>
>>72331804
M U R D E R E R
U
R
D
E
R
E
R
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp4KHHXdxi0
>>
>>72331804
>when a psycho feels threatened by a superior being
>>
people complain about kanyes personality influencing their opinion on music but goddamn Phil spector takes separating art from the artist to a new fucking plateau
>>
Christgau thought Phil Spector ruined rock-and-roll by starting the trend of overproduction.
>>
Be My Baby honestly isn't that good of a song anyway.
>>
>>72332158
wrong
>>
>>72332165
Too flat-sounding, there's no good hooks or melodies.
>>
>>72331804
Is this the same guy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svGAQJYIRqQ
>>
Human garbage
>>
>>72332158
yeah

over
rated
>>
I think the Beach Boys have stayed relevant and in the public eye a lot longer than Phil Spector. What did he do with his life after 1966 except kill some people?
>>
>>72332397
Imagine and All Things Must Pass? Lol
>>
>>72332397
He produced for other people (Leonard Cohen, The Ramones, George Harrison) and got increasingly less active and weird over time. He had a really serious car crash in the mid 70s that almost killed him. He likely received brain injury from it and I think some of the scarring from it is why he wears those ridiculous wigs. The guy obviously has some serious mental problems, even before the accident. His father committed suicide when he was a kid, so it probably runs in the family.
>>
>>72332197
There's some decent Motown girl group songs, that's not among them, sorry. The Shirelles are also very overrated and Mama Said is their only good song.
>>
>>72331954
Coincidentally, Kanye and Spector are both genius producers.
>>
>>72332344
>tfw you remember when this was a big meme
>>
>>72333061
lmao no, Spector makes kanye's trash look like genius maybe, but it's still subpar
>>
>>72332397
The Beatles, you fucking moron?
>>
>>72331841
More like Phil On-the-Spectrum
>>
>>72333098
I'm sorry you have bad taste anon
>>
>>72333187
>oy vey, he saw through pop music's ploy of replacing compositional ability with "production" gimmicks!!!
>better insult his taste before shutting it down!
>>
>>72333099
Oh sorry, how could I forget him turning a bunch of good songs into the worst Beatles album? Silly me.
>>
>>72333229
why can't the production be the composition or at least a priority
>replacing
yea you know nothing
>>
>>72333419
>replacing
as a main focus, you illiterate dweeb. and production gimmicks cannot be the priority because a piece of music of mediocre or lower compositional value cannot be good
>>
>Murderer sociopath trying hard to make his cock feel good by degrading others
LOL!
https://youtu.be/d4SqtL5oZ78
>>
>>72333456
so it comes down to tastes and differing opinions then.
>>
>>72333456
Except production didn't replace compositional ability. Read a history book.
>>
>>72333507
in matters of enjoyment, certainly. As for relevance in terms of history, or to the artform as a whole, compositional and programmatic/lyrical elements are likely to have the upper hand for a while still. but who knows I guess

>>72333578
that's not what I'm saying, learn to read in the first place
>>
>>72333272
You argued relevance and that's it, you double-fucking moron. Spector's work with the Beatles, at least at the time, made him more relevant than ever. Do you not know about the Concert for Bangladesh?
>>
>>72332158
Listen to it in stereo :^) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DzAiYuqezc
>>
File: Pd_Moriarty_by_Sidney_Paget.gif (73KB, 201x400px) Image search: [Google]
Pd_Moriarty_by_Sidney_Paget.gif
73KB, 201x400px
>>72331868
>i was his Moriarty
>i was his mentor

what those two things aren't even similar
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.