[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone else feel like they are retconning the characters? i know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: m.65d9c64d.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
m.65d9c64d.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
anyone else feel like they are retconning the characters? i know i know "hurrdurr another gorillaz pleb thread" just wondering if anyone else noticed. none of the characters seem to be acting like themselves from previous albums and feel wholly different. i mean just compare 2d from "do ya thing" to his current form. it just feels off desu anyone else feel like this?
>>
>>72331598
>Anarchist feminist
>In Gorillaz
>A 2D Band
Why has he become such a fucking sellout? It's only happened over the last year too. What a (((coincidence))) wonder how much money he got for such shilling, wasn't enough whatever it is.
>>
>>72331634
idk what really irks me is how 2d and murdoc and buddy buddy now....just feels off man also every song ive heard off the album has been bad or meh and i like the fall...
>>
>>72331598
they only released one video
>>
>>72331685
2 if you count hallaujah money
but in talking about interviews and such the characters all feel off
>>
>>72331598
>>72331634
Yes. Pandering to the tumblr crowd i suppose. Remember when Murdoc was politically incorrect at times and a huge asshole?
>>
>>72331598
yep, pretty much nothing feels like it was before
no reason to consider Humanz as part of the discography, there are no connections anymore
>>
>>72332032
>Pandering to tumblr in 2017
Lmao the old fart should get with the Times.
>>
Gorillaz has always been very upfront about marketing in a way to be as successful as possible in spite of not being a real band you guys are incredibly late
>>
>>72333112
this basically. we're not the target audience anymore and we probably won't be again.
>>
>>72331598
>just wondering if anyone else noticed. none of the characters seem to be acting like themselves from previous albums and feel wholly different.
They felt the same to me in the interview they did, besides 2D having a different voice actor. Also, the characters have always changed slightly between the different phases.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OPFbjEVXic
>>
>>72333544
>2D having a different voice actor.
It's the same person
>>
>>72332875
It's 4chan that should move with the times, they are the ones still ranting about tumblr in 2017 and believing everything they don't like is pandering to an SJW boogeywoman.
>>
>>72333608
no, it's not
http://www.nme.com/news/watch-gorillaz-first-ever-live-nme-interview-2056278
>ā€œ2Dā€™s played by Kevin Bishop,ā€ Damon adds.

2D was originally played by Nelson De Freitas
>>
>>72332032
>pandering to tumblr
They've got an MA rated TV show coming soon. Also there's barely any actual voice acting to prove your point.
>>
>>72333725
What does voice acting have to do with anything? Was mainly referring to how the characters were written in the rise of the ogre book. Could be because the guy that wrote it isn't working with gorillaz anymore. Currently they seem off, but anything can change with the show coming. And just because its MA rated doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>72331598
i only really ever cared about the music.

The Quality of which has been dropping since 2010
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.jpg (11KB, 236x233px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.jpg
11KB, 236x233px
>>72332032
Murdoc is still an asshole and he's not Tumblr. I don't see him wearing a flower crown in any official artwork.
>>
>>72334063
They have released anything since 2010 kek
Besides Do Ya Thing which is great
>>
>>72334147
*haven't
Fixed you there anon
>>
>>72334147
such a shame this latest phase is a flop.
>>
File: 1489085150798.jpg (58KB, 393x462px) Image search: [Google]
1489085150798.jpg
58KB, 393x462px
>>72331598
>needing a cartoon to justify your music
>>
This might be more relevant on /co/ OP.
>>
>Virtual bands
Leave that shit in the last decade plz
>>
>>72334135
He's not wearing a flower crown...yet
>>
>>72331655
2D has brain damage and cant remember anything
>>
>>72334248
>needing music
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.