[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people take rappers like Kendrick Lamar or Jcole so seriously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0791.jpg (347KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0791.jpg
347KB, 1024x684px
Why do people take rappers like Kendrick Lamar or Jcole so seriously on black issues and political issues, when they don't even seem to be well versed in black history or politics as a whole?
>>
Because they make music that sounds good
>>
>>72322732
legitimate good question more people should be taking into consideration
>>
do people take them so seriously on said issues? i just like their music man
>>
>>72323995
yeah they do. some ppl hate reading academic studies so they get all of their info from the daily show and rappers
>>
>>72324008
most academic books be like this

the study of the fact that many americans can obtusifity their bojangles to motivate their spinal cortex to unabilify their leaders in the game of political field in despite of their true needless exaggeration in the world of modern democratic process

I swear, textbooks now-a-days are shite...
>>
>>72324045
Never read a textbook that's like that, regardless of your shit hyperbole. Maybe you just have trouble reading or something
>>
>>72323995

Teens/dweebs in their 20s listen to Kendrick's ignorant preachings more than they listen to anybody else on the same topics
>>
>>72324008
I'll take lies and slander for 500 alex
>>
>>72324008
You're projecting pretty hard I'd say, nobody would cite Kendrick Lamar songs as a source in a discussion on race relations in America
>>
>>72322732
Be specific, when has kendrick lamar said something "not well versed in black history or politics as a whole".
>>
>>72324607

OP is probably a /pol/ack and will say that BLM is the real racists
>>
>>72322732
kendrick is a clever observer. i don't take his opinions as truths but it is obvious that he is a very intelligent man that writes good poetry
>>
>>72324605
You must be blind if you don't see this. I'm a black, and kendrick in the black community is seen as some type of prophet. Everytime i talk about politics regarding black issues with another black, they always bring us something Kendrick, J. Cole, or Kanye West(out of all people) about the topic.You really have to understand the culture thoroughly to see why this is a common phenomenon.
>>
>>72324648
But they are. Same black guy here from previous post. Have you read anything of their literature? They easily fit the black supremacist/nationalist ideology. Not only that, there are multiple documented accounts of members saying that whites are evil, We need to kills whites, and how whites shouldn't be allowed in the movement.
>>
>>72324757
Being against White supremacy is the REAL racism guys. ALL LIVES MATTER
>>
>>72324687
But then you're expecting high level political discussion just from the guy on the street, and that's a nationwide education problem rather than one specific to rap
>>
People don't look *to* Kendrick. He simply presents the well known issues facing the black community and history in an artistic and creative manner with his music.

Things like black on black crime, ghettoization, racism, CIA destroying black neighborhoods. Things like those.
>>
>>72324045
I think maybe you're just fucking stupid.
>>
>>72324809
Even still, people do take what these people say very seriously and that was the was the original question of the thread. And as for black culture, it is very tribal in a sense where they see these people as the truth tellers or a conduit express their frustrations towards white people.
>>
>>72324841
Bullshit. People still look up to this guy as some truth teller. And racism isn't as much of a issue in this country that people like Kendrick or CNN what you to believe.
>>
I'm just tired of political music in general. It's never clever, and it's always misinformed. Especially in this day in age. It's a big turn off for me, and really distracts away from the music.
>>
>>72324998
>It's always misinformed
More like it's just a glorified opinion piece and it's entirely subjective? Get over yourself. You're as annoying as the rich liberal snobs who think they know everything.
>>
This political and lyrically dense music stuff is just dumb. If you want to express politics and other thought provoking shit just write a book.
>>
>>72325105
Fuck off reddit.
>>
>>72325270
I'm Reddit because I disagree with you? If you wanted a hug box you could just take this conversation to /pol/.
>>
>>72325270
not an argument
>>
>>72325105
Okay but that opinion piece can still be inherently flawed and misinformed. Saying America is a racist white supremacy is flase statement. Because you feel that what doesn't mean it's true, and it doesn't make you immune to criticism either.
>>
>>72325347
No, because your a faggot. Now go back to your cuckshed and suck your wife's boyfriend dick.
>>
File: lon.png (729KB, 830x489px) Image search: [Google]
lon.png
729KB, 830x489px
>black history
>>
>>72325358
What is America to you then? Not saying it's a white supremacist haven cause that's just flat out untrue. I disagree with what kendrick says on the album but he's got the right to say whatever dumb shit he wants to.
>>72325387
You're*
>>
>>72322732
because theyre popular.
kids think to the left, if their favorite arist says something political it becomes the gospel
>>
>>72325415
And i'm not saying that he can't All i'm saying he isn't void of criticism. And America? It's a relatively democratic society that's slowly delving into a plutocracy. Even with that being said, we still have more freedoms and liberties than most countries.
>>
>>72325545
No one said he is void of critique. If you're dealing with people in real life who you can't even have reasonable conversations with because of their beliefs then maybe you should surround yourself with different people.
>>
File: IMG_1076.jpg (78KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1076.jpg
78KB, 800x800px
They're uneducated pavement apes being strung on stage by Shlomo and his shabbos goys.
>>
>>72324757
Where? again you're full of shit and can't actually site anything, disgusting liar.
>>
I agree.

Rappers like Kendrick are making good music but when they start including their personal beliefs and retarded political opinions in their music i just want to vomit ...

They always see themselves as some kind of prophet who detain the absolute truth and the way they see the world is most of the times simplistic and Manichean ...

Most of them are uncultivated in many subjects and have a lack of general knowledge all they talk about is : Racism, Christianity, Money, Trump etc
>>
>>72325785
Like when? be specific, which personal political opinions did kendrick include that hurt you so?
>>
File: IMG_1081.png (453KB, 1330x946px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1081.png
453KB, 1330x946px
>>72324648
>BLM isnt racist

Opinion discarded. I hope you get violently raped by a rabid pack of niggers.
>>
>>72322732

This is a person talking abour his life experiences through his art, not giving a sociology lecture

And due to the nature of this site that subject matter is put under heavy scrutiny, more so than other artist at times

>muh we was kings meme
>lmao kill whitey xd
>>
>>72325836
>due to the nature of this site

>not due to the fact that no one takes dumb niggers rewriting history seriously
>>
the beats are attractive and their flow is distracting
>>
>>72324045
Trollpost
>>
>>72325817
As an atheist for example do you think it's pleasant for me to see Kendrick praising his imaginary christian god in every songs ?

And ffs how you can be pro-black and christian at the same times ... It's just retarded.

The way Kendrick see the world is just corny and Manichean sorry
>>
>>72325983
How you gonna believe in a religion they gave slaves to behave?
>>
>>72325758
http://www.torontosun.com/2017/02/11/black-lives-matter-co-founder-appears-to-label-white-people-defects
http://www.dailywire.com/news/15067/black-lives-matter-just-banned-white-people-chase-stephens#
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqQXmnMr_w8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xNxoeqf0Ws

https://policy.m4bl.org/platform/

Nice try faggot.
>>
>>72325983
Aww poor baby at least you get to wear the sick fedoras
>>
>>72326040
>fedoras

I would rather wear a fedora than a fucking kippa now that prophet Kendrick thinks blacks are Israelites.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Keep promoting this guy bullshit
>>
>>72326206
Wait, what? When did he say that?
>>
>>72326040
why are you trying to act smug in a text post just type like a normal human being you sperg
>>
>>72326285

On " Yah " and " Fear. "

" I'm a Israelite, don't call me Black no more "

" so-called Blacks, Hispanics, and Native American Indians, are the true children of Israel. We are the Israelites according to the Bible. The children of Israel, he's gonna punish us for our iniquities, for our disobedience, because we chose to follow other gods that aren't his son, so the Lord, thy God, chasten thee. So, just like you chasten your own son, he's gonna chastise you because he loves you. So that's why we get "
>>
>>72326425
Race war when?
>>
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Anybody else do this unironically?
Work stresses me out sometimes
>>
>>72326425
Holy shit. This is literally WE WAZ tier.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>72326206
>>72326364
Lawl they mad now ;)
>>
>>72326995
LI KODA DEY DOE WANNA SHE U WINIIIII
>>
>>72322732
cause famous niglet
>>
>>72324658
you spelled mediocre wrong there buddy
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.