[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never liked krautrock outside of Can until today. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1489893185506.jpg (64KB, 622x622px) Image search: [Google]
1489893185506.jpg
64KB, 622x622px
I've never liked krautrock outside of Can until today. I've been listening to krautrock all day and I'm enjoying it but scared I'm going to burn out really hard.
>>
yeah it's ok. just listen to 90s post rock instead tho
>>
>>72314049
Recs? I assume you mean stereolab and the like rather than gsy!be
>>
Have you listened to Faust yet?
>>
>>72314147
No but I've downloaded it.
>>
>>72314174
Faust is some top tier Krautrock. Especially their first album. Not as good as Can in general, but their first album is arguably even better than anything Can did.
>>
>>72314204
>>72313774
Neu! is better than all you plebs
>>
File: IMG_1100.jpg (39KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1100.jpg
39KB, 220x220px
#1 album of 1970s
#1 German album
Top 5 album all time
>>
>>72313774
Amon Duul II, Can, Neu!, Faust, Guru Guru

should be enough
>>
>>72314276
you fucking kidding, even their first LP was better

>>72314288
forgot to mention Popol Vuh. That's one insane band
>>
>>72314288
I'm not familiar with the genre, but I really liked the prog feel of Amon duül ii. Who should I listen to next?
>>
There's a lot of really great fairly similar Japanese music from around the same time that is really dang good too. Losing WWII must have made something click in the kraut's and jap's brains that made them make good music.
>>
>>72313774
Boredoms, Rovo, the first Cul De Sac album, and Avarus are good modern kraut.
>>
>>72314230
Neu and Kraftwerk are buttkraut
>>
>>72314305

That was Harmonia's first LP
>>
Can > Faust > Cluster > Amon Düül II > Popol Vuh > others
>>
>>72314572
>buttkraut
God you're a fucking faggot
>>
>>72313774
You should be more concerned with treating your mental illness. have you seen a therapist?
>>
>>72314936
W...What do you mean by this Anon?
>>
>>72314407
ADII is kind of an outsider among Krautorckers as they were more psych-rock oriented as opposed to electronic-synthetizer oriented. I'd recommend German Oak, either the self-titled or Nibelungenlied I think it was called. They recorded their albums in like an abandoned nazi bunker and sampled Hitler's speeches (they were still commie hippies like ADII tho). Very heavy, dirty krautrock similar to ADII's Yeti. Still, I'd recommend you listen to at least the first 4 ADII albums. They're really worth it.

>>72314702
heh, confused it with Deluxe. I still think Deluxe is better though
>>
>>72313774
If you get sick of it you can always look into groups that draw influence from it like Stereolab and Boredoms.
>>
>>72314927
Is that all you'd like to say?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.