[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of going to Amoeba in LA for Record Store Day.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: ZMJoQvf.gif (2MB, 450x362px) Image search: [Google]
ZMJoQvf.gif
2MB, 450x362px
I'm thinking of going to Amoeba in LA for Record Store Day. Any tips? Was I suppose to preorder shit?
>>
Amoeba is overpriced as shit. LA sucks a fat dick also
>>
>>72313590
>amoeba
don't
>>
>>72313590
>pre-order RSD
Lmao no unless that means camp out overnight
>>
>>72313590
amoeba sounds like a nightmare on record store day.
>>
>>72314779
this

go to a smaller record store you dweeb.
>>
>>72314802
Wtf no Amoeba would have the most shit.
>>
>>72314847
have fun going to the world's most popular music store on the most popular music store going day of the year
>>
Someone import all of the jungle out of the UK to my record store wtf
>>
>>72314779
Imagine the line outside the place. I bet a few crazy people are already camping out in front of the building.
>>
>>72314881
Yeah if you're going for rsd duh. If you're just randomly going in there to pick up Damn then yeah you're right.
>>
are cd's on discount on record day? or just vinyls?
>>
>>72314956
It's up to the store and technically unrelated but usually. However if you're just going for discount sales then stay away.
>>
>>72314991
alright
>>
>>72313590
what releases are you looking to get
>>
The only thing on my radar is AnCo but it's only 1,200 copies so I'll be surprised.
>>
>>72315131
Which is strange considering they've released RSD material too (Prospect Hummer and Transverse Temporal Gyrus) and I guess 5000 copies were made each, so it's still available
>>
>>72313590
I know they get all the good stuff, but it seems like going amoeba is antithetical to the spirit of record store day.
>>
>>72315259
Well maybe that's actually why. Maybe the 5,000 didn't sell so well.
>>
>>72315312
They could've at least crank up to maybe 2500, 1200 is a small quantity for a hyped up band like them
>>
>>72315292
RSD is about RSD releases. End of story. Otherwise most cities have "local business day" if youre interested in a specific day of observation. However if you can get the inside track on a small stire getting what you want them youre absolutely right. Although its also nice to have a lot of backup album choices.
>>
>>72315357
Jeez maybe I should go down there right now. Will this be the Government Plates of 2017?
>>
>>72315812
No but I reported you to the FBI
>>
>>72315832
That's really more of a local law enforcement matter.
>>
>>72315896
So was that thread on /r9k/ where the guy posted a peace sign and said he was gunna go kill a hand full of people, then that guy got shot at mcdonalds after shoting someone in the head, and going across America with a cellphone in hand but wasn't tracked

step up ur game 4 real come on
>>
OP is retarded but come on guys Amoeba is fucking dope

Did none of you check their experimental/classical section you fucking plebs
>>
>>72315955
everyone here is a pleb
if you live in the west coast you are automatically a pleb
>>
>>72315937
Completely unrelated. The post you replied to was about perceived self-defense in a literal mob environment. Absolutely zero implication of an attack. This thread is about RSD get over it.
>>
Amoeba > Streetlight > Rasputin > Tower Records

Do they even have these places outside of California or is it all mom and pop shops? Also aren't Tower Records gone now lol idk

Also, the Amoeba in Hollywood/L.A. is the tits
>>
Austin has a big one. It's pictured in a St Vincent thread up right now.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.