[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Sister Ray, which probably remains the ultimate, definitive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: timthumb.jpg (32KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.jpg
32KB, 200x200px
>Sister Ray, which probably remains the ultimate, definitive masterpiece of rock music, an epic piece that rivals Beethoven's symphonies and John Coltrane's metaphysical improvisations.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>72304386
Woah, I hate scaruffi but I "somewhat" agree with him here. Sister Ray is the best velvet underground song.
>>
>shitposting in your own reviews
>>
I think his broad point, which I agree with, is that Sister Ray marked a level of rock innovation and artistry that at that time marked the beginning of rock legitimacy.
>>
>>72304386
A junkie and his hippie palls playing random shit for 15 minutes rivals 200 years of the western musical canon.
>>
>>72304508
>ultra formulaic twinkly piano music
>good
>>
File: shrek.jpg (35KB, 600x575px)
shrek.jpg
35KB, 600x575px
>strum one note for 15 minutes
>"dude suck my ding dong"

>best rock song ever

Actual greatest of all time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2pZAaejhUo
>>
File: scaruf.png (51KB, 200x200px)
scaruf.png
51KB, 200x200px
>rivals Beethoven's symphonies and John Coltrane's metaphysical improvisations
>>
>>72304386
Damn. I bet he just ploughed some grade a cunny before writing that and was feeling on top of the world.
>>
>>72304386
beautifully written
>>
>>72304386
not even a complete sentence
>>
>>72304689
You probably also feel that way (what he described) when listening to some other songs. Just because he posted it and you thought it only in your stupid head doesn't make it any different.
>>
>>72304712
It is, I just didn't copy the full sentence.
>>
>>72304386
Did we ever figure out why is there a little girl hiding in the background of this picture while he has a pedo smile?
>>
>"she's busy sucking on my ding dong"
>One of the greatest mankind achievements in music
>>
>>72304386

imagine being this deluded
>>
>>72304810
He's just taking a cute selfie with his wife on vacation.
>>
File: vladdrumpf.png (23KB, 736x240px)
vladdrumpf.png
23KB, 736x240px
hmm
>>
>>72304386
I love Sister Ray but I don't know about all that
>>
>>72305979
Scaruffi is redpilled desu.
>Personally, i think that banning polygamy is a ridiculous idea (i have not found a single study that shows any problem with an extended family raising children, whereas i found plenty of studies showing problems with single parents raising children), and i fail to see why a 17-year old can have sex with a 14-year old but a 19-year old goes to jail for the same act (and, for that matter, i would be much unhappier if my underage daughter or sister had sex with a teenage junkie than with a mature, responsible, clean and honest 30-year old man, or with a 70-year old Nobel Prize winner).
>>
>>72306307
He's really disgusting and a creep. He takes pictures of unaware women too.

Sister Ray is a great song, but to put it on the same pedestal as John Coltrane's work? This guy is nuts. And I love The Velvets.
>>
>>72304480
>rock legitimacy
What's that?
>>
File: 1466881150363.jpg (39KB, 541x569px)
1466881150363.jpg
39KB, 541x569px
>>72306307
>i would be much unhappier if my underage daughter or sister had sex with a teenage junkie than with a mature, responsible, clean and honest 30-year old man, or with a 70-year old Nobel Prize winner).
>>
>>72306481
>>72306572
>Why are there age limits? why is it illegal to marry a 12-year old? Helen of Troy was 12. Juliet and Cleopatra were still teenagers when they became famous. Most heroines of classic novels and poems were underage by today's laws. Thomas Edison married a 16-year-old. Medical studies show that the best age for a woman to have children is between 15 and 25 (lowest chances of miscarriage, of birth defects and, last but not least, of the woman dying while giving birth); while the worst age is after the mid 30s. And the younger you are, the more likely you are to cement a real friendship with your children; the older you are, the more likely that the "generational gap" will hurt your children's psychology. Therefore it is much more natural to have a child at 16 than at 40. In countless countries of the world women have their first child at a very young age, and stop having children at a relatively young age. Nonetheless, in the USA it is illegal to have sex before 18 (but, note, only if the partner is over 18, which is like saying that it is ok to rob a bank if you are a banker), while it is perfectly legal to get pregnant at 40 or (thanks to medical progress) even at 70.
>>
>>72304406
Pffff, that's goes for showing how much they are actually good.
>>
>>72307930
Oye
>>
>>72304689
>grade school cunny
FTFY
>>
>>72306600
Is Scaruffi, dare I say, /ourguy/?
>>
>>72309390
Undeniably.
http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/gays.html
>>
>>72304386
Scaruffi completely missed the point of Sister Ray.

Sister Ray was a freakout. It was a "fuck you" statement with no thought behind it at all. It wasn't a "composition".

Shitposting dumbass.
>>
File: 1nlw3e.jpg (62KB, 500x607px)
1nlw3e.jpg
62KB, 500x607px
>>
>>72304386
i agree that Sister Ray is a masterpiece, but this is a
>bruh
tier sentence
>>
>>72304534
Please don't embarrass yourself.
>>
>>72304386
HAHAHAHA oh FUCK it's real I cannot believe this shit.
>>
>>72304386
it is just the best rock song. I wouldn't say that it reached the level of Beethoven, but if it were to do so, it is obviously not reaching that level by the same path as classical music. It is way more rhythmically dense and repetitive than any classical music. It kind of hammers that same sound into your head and surrounds it by more and more improvisation. If you start out from the assumption that this type of music is inherently inferior to classical music, you are going to miss out on a lot. Obviously he was going overboard, but this song does, in my opinion, 'approach' the classical masterpieces.
>>
Sister ray is to punk rock what johnny b goode is to rock.
>>
>>72309247
kek
>>
>>72306307
>>72306600
Not even a pedo but he makes good points desu.
>>
>>72309530
[citation needed]?
>>
Sister ray is about killer who suckrd his own peepee
>>
>>72306307
>>72306600
ignorant of /mu/ will fight this. Well I guess it's ok, people come here to discuss music and laugh about memes, but who thinks otherwise than that is just stupid and deserves to talks about music and music only since he's to immature to understand something a little deeper than kendrick lamar
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.