[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>complains about ''normies'' >listens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 2

File: PoT.jpg (664KB, 2301x1834px) Image search: [Google]
PoT.jpg
664KB, 2301x1834px
>complains about ''normies''
>listens to type-0 and type-1 music
>>
>>72302848
I remember Biotroll.
>>
I listen to every type because I'm not a stupid pretentious poser.
>>
Calling people normies is just declaring that you consider yourself a special snowflake. unless you live completely outside societal norms you are still a "normie".

Those tribes who live in the jungle, eat their shit and dont even speak in a modern language have the right to call people normies.
>>
>>72302848
Same applies for those who shit on r/music
>>
>>72302848
Should Traditional Folk really be under Type-III? Most traditional music is pretty accessible, except maybe gamelan.
>>
>>72304067
It varies massively, there is a lot of variety and difference in thousands of years music from over different 200 countries
>>
I've always been bothered that Serialism is so low and basic Sonorism so high
>>
>>72304067
This guy made the chart
https://www.last.fm/user/mecoptera
>>
>>72302848
Recommend some electroacoustic improv please OP
>>
>>72304133
https://rateyourmusic.com/genre/EAI/
>>
>>72302848
>im such a speshaal snowflake I totally listen to these genres that don't exist xDD s sddd

I want /mux/ to get the fuck out
>>
>>72304219
Nice one, OP
>>
>>72304219
do you complain about ''normies''
>>
>>72304521
REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>72302848
GG Allin was Danger Music, prove me wrong.
Protip: you can't.
>>
>>72302848
DUDE OBSCURE RYM GENRES LMAO
>>
>>72305184
>rym genres
>most of which were created early to mid 20th century
Just because you don't know about anything outside of what /mu/ talks about doesn't mean they don't exist
>>
>>72305483
Tell me your top 6 recordings of the top 3 tiers, please.
>>
>>72302848
Liking type IV or even V doesn't mean you have to abandon Type 0 and I
>>
>>72305543
A lot of the top categories just use overly specific language, but ultimately describe music you have likely heard of. For example, John Cage wrote a lot of aleatoric music including HPSCHD and Music of Changes, indeterminacy and aleatoricism are essentially the same thing, most of Penderecki's work falls into Sonorism including his most well known work Threnody For the Victims of Hiroshima, and as >>72305182 notes you could realistically call GG Allin danger music, hell you could call early Swans danger music.
>>
Well... i guess i'm a fucking normie then..... apart from jazz and fusion that is.
>>
>>72302848
What type of music would "evolutionary music" and "sonorism" be? And isn't "danger music' just stuff like the Hanatarash where they play noise and throw shit around on stage?
>>
>not realising that this is a troll chart
>>
>>72303163
you might just be memeing but if you watch any reaction videos to music by Fine Bros you'll understand "normies" can be an appropriate word to designate certain undesirables
>>
>>72306112
Sonorism is a small school of Polish 20th century composers that experimented with timbre, and evolutionary music is any music that is algorithmically generated.
>>
>>72306112
>>72306172
Also you are right about danger music, it is simply any performance that poses a threat to the audience and/or the performer.
>>
>>72302848
I like how apparently tibetan throat singing is more "normie" than inuit throat singing
>>
>>72302848
everything in type 5 is gimmicky shit
>>
>>72305543
Not him but here are some essentials
Tier I
>Sonorism
Kwartet Śląski - Witold Szalonek
>Xenharmonicism
(just a term for foreign tunings)
>Aleatoricism
Karlheinz Stockhausen - Klavierstück XI
>Generative Electronics
Brian Eno - Generative Music 1
>Stochasticism
Iannis Xenakis - Anaktoria · Morsima-Amorsima · Oophaa · Charisma · Mists · Mikka / Mikka «S»
>New Complexity
Arditti String Quartet - The Arditti String Quartet Edition
>Indeterminacy
Terry Riley - In C
(cont.)
>>
>>72307185
Tier II
>Evolutionary Music
DarwinTunes
>Electroacoustic Improvisation
Keith Rowe & John Tilbury - Duos for Doris
>Lowercase
Steve Roden - Forms of Paper
>Danger Music
Hanatarash - Live! 1984 3.24
>Machine Improvisation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQp3xlNZlok
>Spectralism
Daniel Arfib - Musique numérique
>No-Input
Toshimaru Nakamura - No-Input Mixing Board
>Minimal Electronics
Ryoji Ikeda - Test Pattern
>Onkyo-Kei
Various Artists - Improvised Music From Japan
>Microsound
Harry Partch - U.S. Highball
(cont.)
>>
>>72304127
I wonder which person I share my Spotify account with has listened to Ed Sheeran...
>>
>>72307427
BlackRoseImmortal? Cease_?
>>
>>72307185
>>Xenharmonicism
>(just a term for foreign tunings)
wew
>>
>>72307446
>implying I share my Spotify with either of those
I'm guessing it's either my mum or dad.
>>
>>72307473
Not your ginger bird?
>>
>>72307487
Nah, she doesn't listen to Ed Sheeran and doesn't really use my Spotify account.
>>
>>72302848
I've said this before and I'll say it again
Music that's so obscure that the majority of music listeners have never heard of it, it probably sucks
Anyone listening to anything above "type II" and thinks it's good is just lying to themselves.
>>
>>72307582
hey normie, lost your r/music link?
>>
>>72307595
Uh oh
Someone can't handle the truth
>>
File: contempt.jpg (52KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
contempt.jpg
52KB, 625x351px
>>72307659
>>
>>72307376
Tier III
>Musicological Field Recordings
Symphonies of the Planets 1: NASA Voyager Recordings
>Free Improv
AMM - AMMMusic 1966
>Free Jazz
Peter Brotzmann - Machine Gun
>Elektronische Musik
Karlheinz Stockhausen - Elektronische Musik
>Musique Concrete
Ground-Zero - Revolutionary Pekinese Opera Ver.1.28
>Furniture Music
Erik Satie - Tapisserie en fer forgé
>Avant-Garde Jazz
Charles Mingus - The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
>Blackened Noise
Abruptum - Tapisserie en fer forgé
>Hindustani Classical Music
Ravi Shankar - Music of India: Three Classical Rāgas
>Serialism
LaSalle Quartett - Neue Wiener Schule: Die Streichquartette
>Free Folk
Third Ear Band - Third Ear Band
>Zeuhl
Magma - Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh
>Tape Music
William Basinski - The Disintegration Loops
>Luk Thung
ผ่องศรี วรนุช - แผลรักปักใจ
>Inuit Throat Singing
Various Artists - ᐊᕐᓇᐄᑦ ᐳᕕᕐᓂᑐᒥᐆᑦ ᑲᑐᑦᔭᑐᑦ ᐊᒪᓗ ᕐᑲᓂᕐᐸᓗᑐᑦ (Inuit Throat and Harp Songs: Eskimo Women's Music of Povungnituk)
>Turntable Music
The Caretaker - An Empty Bliss Beyond This World
>Ambient Noise
Yellow Swans - Going Places
>Avant-Folk
Nico - Desertshore
>Harsh Noise
Nkondi - Popfailure
>Power Electronics
Whitehouse - Mummy and Daddy
>Machine Music
Lou Reed - Metal Machine Music
>Fluxus
Yoko Ono - Cut Piece
>Avant-Prog
The Mothers of Invention - Uncle Meat
>Totalism
Glenn Branca - The Ascension
>American Primitivism
John Fahey - Blind Joe Death
>Traditional Music
Too vague
>South East Asian Classical Music
Banyumas Bamboo Gamelan - Traditional Music from Central Java
>>
>>72302848
why is harsh noise in the same category as avant prog? it doesn't require any knowledge of music theory or improvisation
>>
>>72307448
Care to elaborate? I just looked on the Wikipedia article and that's what I gleaned from it.
>>
>>72302848
>experimental big-band
any examples?
>>
>>72307678
Sorry I liked music that sounds good
I'm sure Aleatornicism is great and all but I'll pass
>>
>>72307582
>anything above type ii is bad
>avant-garde jazz, free jazz, ambient noise
wew lad
>>
>>72307752
normie memes aside you just seem insecure about your listening habits if you feel the need to make sweeping judgements about obscure music and the people who listen to them
>>
>>72307749
Xenharmonicism basically means "not twelve tone tuning", but it's not necessarily """foreign""". I'd almost that xenharmonicism is a western concept in and of itself, because "non 12t" as a deviance is reliant on twelve tone tunings as a western cultural norm.
>>
>>72307820
Yeah, I know, the Wiki article mentioned that "xenos" is Greek for "foreign", so I thought that was a good summary. Thanks.
>>
>>72302848
What is the symbolism of HP Baxxter standing over and above a group of black gentlemen?
>>
>>72307751
City of Glass anon.
and that one album that came out this year
>>
>>72307906
this is why you will never be type-vi like us
>>
>>72307808
B-but the ones that make judgements in the first place are those who post the chart and point the finger of those who enjoy music not so obscure.
??????
>>
>>72307751
Rhapsody in Blue is, according to RYM
>>
>>72307926
The ones who make the most judgements and point fingers are the ones shouting ''normie'' and ''reddlt'' when they listen to the most''normie'' and ''reddlt'' music.
>>
>>72307926
No, the OP is saying that you shouldn't criticize people who listen to music from tier-0 and tier-1 if you also do that.
>>
>>72307926
This thread is mostly a farce, anyone who is actually talking about the chart is pointing out that the upper tiers just use overly specific wording and that the music isn't necessarily that weird or obscure.
>>
>>72307784
>avant-garde jazz, free jazz, ambient noise
Perfect examples of bad music

>>72307808
I'm just saying music can only be so experimental or complex before it just becomes nonsense
>>
>>72307999
>Perfect examples of bad music

Explain why.
>>
>>72307999
t. has never listened to any of those genres
>>
>>72307999
>I'm just saying music can only be so experimental or complex before it just becomes nonsense

then why didn't you just say that instead of making passive aggressive accusations about people who might enjoy fairly obscure music?
>>
>>72307999
waste of trips
>>
>>72307999
trips of truth. on pseuds disagree with this
>>
>>72308106
t. >>72307999
>>
>>72308106
>>72308043
>>
>>72308050
I think you're getting too worked up over this.
It's my honest opinion
I can't stand people who think just because something is obscure, that makes it superior to more popular music

>>72308043
Not that it doesn't have music merit or the artists aren't talented, but to my ears, it sounds like shit
>>
>>72308238
>but to my ears, it sounds like shit

So not bad music, just music you don't like.
>>
>>72307185
>>72307376
>>72307731
get out and never return

your kind is no longer welcome here
>>
>>72308307
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>72308238
>I think you're getting too worked up over this.

more passive aggressiveness, and it might be your honest opinion but it seems colored by insecurity over your taste

you shouldn't make generalizations about people who enjoy obscure music though even if there are those who are condescending about it just like you wouldn't want people making generalizations about those who enjoy mainstream stuff

i don't know, your posts are lacking a bit in self awareness and tact
>>
>>72308307
???
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.