[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Buddy Holly really that good in his own right, or is he just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: article-2-Buddy-Holly.jpg (564KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
article-2-Buddy-Holly.jpg
564KB, 1920x1080px
Was Buddy Holly really that good in his own right, or is he just famous for being first and inspiring a generation?
>>
>the original nu-male
>good
pick one
>>
>>72292234
fuck off
I wear glasses like that and I;m not a numan
>>
>>72292220
He has one of the best discographies of any original Rock n Roller. Could have been the one to survive into the 60s and carry on innovating desu.
>>72292234
He cucked Little Richard, and Little Richard says he was hung like a stallion. Absolutely not a nu-male.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty31QY5ZGHo
Any man who can make a hit song while fapping at the same time is alright by me
>>
>>72292234
Nah, he was incorporated by nu-males. The first nu-male was Bob Dylan.
>>72292220
He became a lot more individual professional near the end of his career with string sections and such. Almost like a proto-Brian Wilson except not experimental and not many harmonies.
>>
>>72292468
>The first nu-male was Bob Dylan.
jews don't count as nu-males. they're their own subset.
>>
>>72292234
>>72292275
>>72292336
>>72292468
>>72292583
>unironically using nu-male
>>
>>72292626
>unironically being a nu-male
>>
>>72292626
I see /mu/ has been lost as well.

Oh well.
>>
>>72292583
Well either way you look at it he spawned them; making popular the liberal male musician that's obsessed with using "society" and sociologically edgy commentary to make money.
>>72292651
>t. nu-male
>>
>>72292651
Oops I'm sorry, meant it for the cuck above you.
>>
>>72292730
>apologizes
>calls other people nu-males and cucks
kek
>>
>>72292705
i'd say that the spawner of the nu-male, at least in the music sphere, was be robert christgau and most of his contemporaries.
>>
>>72292468
>>72292583
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErfRQRllHbQ
>>72292857
He's not that bad. Sure he's an awful critic but anyone who gets triggered by him chooses to do so. It's not like he's that popular. Contemporaries maybe.
>>
Holy shit, this board is awful
>>
I like Buddy Holly.
>>
>>72292220
>the covers of his songs are almost always better than the originals
really gets the noggin joggin'
>>
Buddy Holly was even more of an "enfant prodige": he also died at 22, but left behind an impressive corpus of songs. He radically altered the image of rock'n'roll. Wearing glasses and a formal high-school outfit, he represented the exact opposite of the juvenile delinquent. His childish, naive optimism contrasted with the nasty, morbid world of the other rockers. His lyrics reached for the primal child in every teenager: they were made of onomatopoetic tongue-twisters and of "baby talk" (syllables, rather than words, silly repetitions, trifling rhymes). His vocal phrasing was a recital of exaggerated tones of voice, hiccupping from bass to falsetto, a nonsense lingo of guttural ejaculations and martial slogans. His music was catchy, but set to bizarre accompaniments (clapping, tom-toms, celeste), distilled from blues, tex-mex, folk, pop and country. That'll Be The Day (1957) and Peggy Sue (1957) were his rockabilly masterpieces, but Words Of Love (1958), Everyday, It's So Easy and Well All Right already belonged to another genre, a form of jangling, melodic music straddling the line between folk and rock, and arranged in creative ways. In many ways, Holly was the first of the singer-songwriters. Last but not least, his Crickets forged the standard of the rock band: their line-up was two guitars, drums and bass; they wrote their own material, and the sound of their songs mainly relied on their playing (not on session musicians or orchestras).
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.