[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are you all so obsessed with rap music. post some god-t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: MAST_CTSStd_outbook.jpg (558KB, 1800x599px) Image search: [Google]
MAST_CTSStd_outbook.jpg
558KB, 1800x599px
How are you all so obsessed with rap music.

post some god-tier metal/prog/rock albums.

Pic related. this album continues to impress every time i listen to it.

If you want a metal album that goes beyond the mundane. this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt8V9jnqVxg
>>
>listening to rock in 2017

how does it feel to have non-royal rock-loving DNA in a world where rock music is irrelevant?
>>
>>72281505
fine ... i guess. i dont really consider zeitgeist when it comes to personal taste.
>>
File: neu!.jpg (20KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
neu!.jpg
20KB, 500x500px
>>72281593
nor should anyone
there is value in all sound somewhere
>>
A better question to ask would be.....

What killed rock music?
>>
File: 1889160.jpg (91KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1889160.jpg
91KB, 700x700px
one of my favourites
>>
>>72281783
i just dont understand the uniformity on 4chan.
maybe im misunderstanding the demographics here but it doesnt make sense that hip-hop is so popular.

surely less common musical taste should apply here most of all.

/mu/ could be a radio playlist, judging by what iv seen
>>
>>72281818
the bastardisation that occurs after every peak of course.

band like silver chair and limp biscuit trying to ape nirvana and rage against the machine.

then the avalanche of shitty hipster "the" bands of the mid 00's the killers the cooks the zutons etc etc

all bullshit.

but thats just from a commercial perspective. good bands are still there in the same frequency they ever have been.
>>
>>72281976
Youre over 25. there's your answer
>>
>>72281481
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg6igS4Oz8I

imo the best metal i've heard in a while. check out krallice as well
>>
>>72282181
yeah, youre right, people under 25 arent known for their amazing taste and individuality
>>
>>72281976

It may be time for American rock to take their cues from overseas artists, sound less derivative that way.

Japanese Rock for example sounds very little like American Rock.
>>
People seem to judge rock and rap by very different standards. For instance, everyone on /mu/ likes to shit on all of the new indy/folk bands and dadrock, but slobber on Kanye and Kendrick's balls. Lots of people will even listen to shit like Gucci and whatnot. It's disapointing because making music with instruments seems to be uncool and you'll never be able to convince these morons that slapping a beat together on a computer doesn't require the same sort of craftsmanship. I don't even hate hip-hop, but there are only a handful of rappers that I'd consider worthy of even as much respect as say, Nickleback, deserves.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.